Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did I get hacked?

I tried to log on earlier, and I was required to enter a Authenticator code. Only problem, I've never purchased an Authenticator...I e-mail Blizz. Anyone else had or heard of this issue?

I don't think Ive done anything in the past week or so that would lead to me being hacked, but maybe...idk.

BTW I changed my password already.

Re: Did I get hacked?

Yes, you got hacked. Call Blizzard's customer service.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot

This just happened to me as well.
    Pick up that phone and prepare to sit around for a while haha

Quote Originally Posted by trollie
    Tbh, I think you should stop play this silly game -.-
    your nickname really fits you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grom Hellscream
    your nickname really fits you.
    true :P but yeh call them asap, get them to suspend ur account

Most subtle troll ever.

FAIL
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by trollie
    Tbh, I think you should stop play this silly game -.-
    Tbh, i think you should stop doing drugs, but i ain't bashing on you.

On Thread : Yea, you're pretty much hacked, http://eu.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=23210, in there you can find the phone-number to the EU gamers, http://us.blizzard.com/support/index...ategoryId=2317 for US.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrígu
    I tried to log on earlier, and I was required to enter a Authenticator code. Only problem, I've never purchased an Authenticator...I e-mail Blizz. Anyone else had or heard of this issue?

I don't think Ive done anything in the past week or so that would lead to me being hacked, but maybe...idk.

No, you did not get hacked. You did however somehow give away your account info to some lucky person.

How did you log in to change your password if your account has an authenticator on it?

... where'd you get that name from?
    And yes, you were hacked. Hope you changed your password from a different computer.

Edit 666th post. aww, now I don't want to post anymore.

well if somebody gets hold of your PW he can easyly put a authenticauter on it without changing your password but if you call blizzard and explain it they can remove the authenticauter on your account and you should be good to go again. small tip get a authenticauter it prevents shit like this from happening:x

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    Edit 666th post. aww, now I don't want to post anymore.
    I had the same feeling when i hit leet posts, but I had no choice!!! (Cant u just keep ur "leet" infront of ur name? Harhar)

OT: Aye you've been hacked. Try changing ur password 4 times a month

Yes you did get hacked, unless you are trolling or battle net changed the rules.. 'cause you can not change your password if you have an authenticator without putting in the code from it.

No, you did not get hacked, your bro bought the Authenticator

Quote Originally Posted by Goatonlb
    How did you log in to change your password if your account has an authenticator on it?
    This was my first reaction. Even if this isn't a troll, can we please get a sticky regarding these threads? Waking up to see an authenticator slapped on your account when you don't have one is as obvious as those spam emails at this point.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

15+ Year Old Account

No, you did not get hacked. Randomly adding authenticators is part of Blizzard's official policy. Nothing to worry about!

I changed my password, twice now. without putting in an auth. code. I got the official blizz e-mail response each time, strange I know. I thought I wouldn't be able to change it either.

No more Norton for you sir!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Same happened to me last night :-\ the worst part of it is that neither AVG nor my firewall blocked the key logger D: thats the second time AVG failed me the first time was also someone putting up the damn "security" thing on my acc maybe about time to reboot? :s who knows what hiding in my 120gb of star gate

Not trying to be mean, but, if you can still log into your account online, can you still log in, in WoW?

Blizz added a 3rd line to enter your Authenticator code at the initial login screen, it doesn't mean you have to use it (unless it then pops up asking for a code to proceed after you've entered your email/pass).