Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Unbiding your strafe keys for tanking?

You can strafe by holding down right mouse button and pressing A/D. Those keys are useless to begin with.
    "Thor: Qvuiet, I'm trying to sneak up on them!"

keep w/a/s/d but change q/e to more useful things

Right click + D / A = Win

Unbind the other crap.

I can do all my dps with my left hand and use it for keyboard turning leaving my mouse for targeting.
    You cant exactly right click rotate your mouse while trying to target switch can you? So you use both
    Bornakk"Increasingly it felt like someone playing against a Ret-Pally really only had 60% of their health bar because Vindication took away 20% from the start and then Hammer of Wrath kicked in when they had 20% left. This change was something we could confidently hotfix and would have a minimal to no impact on the PvE side of things. "
    VINDICATION TAKES 20% HEALTH /facepalm

i use my mouse middle button to strafe, tilt right strafe right, tilt left strafe left. my left hand i use a N52 pad and all those buttons are key binds except what would be "r" auto run and "f" walk backwards
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'm trying to wrap my head around the meat leaking part. What kind of podunk shop sells meat in packaging that's just leaking blood and shit everywhere.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cerpo/advanced

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly, before I unbound my Q and E I never used them. I always just used RMB+A/D. It's what I'm used to and it it's not any less efficient (for me anyway) than having pure strafe buttons. Yes, I agree keyboard turning is bad, but I feel more flexible by having my keys bound this way. To answer OP's question: bind your strafe keys to skills and do what you feel comfortable with to make up for the loss. If that involves binding A and D as strafe keys, so be it. If not, just RMB+A/D.

Actually, on this topic, I did something smart the other day, or that I though was genius. Since a large majiority of people who use keybinds mouseturn (myself included), I unbided my turn left/right from a/d and binded strafe left/right to them instead. Works just fine ^^

The best solution for me was binding forward+backpedal on key 4+5 on my mouse(thumb keys on the side) and strafing on mousewheel left/right with rune strike on mousewheel up AND down and dark command on mousewheel click.
    While you can only do this with a mouse with 5+ keys and a 4-way-mouse wheel, it is extremely comfortable to be able to move completely with your primary hand and to have the whole keyboard for keybinds so that you can easily go into the middle where you can reach much more keys(standard hand position: ftzum pinky-thumb) without fucking up your feeling for walking.

Thx for all the input. I've had a few weeks to get used to it but I've finally made the full jump to keybinds from clicking. Moved the q/e strafe keys to a/d and its working out great. I am still getting used to where my buttons are but for the most part I have it down, although I sometimes hit the wrong key, which is no different then misclicking.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWh94
    Well, If you keybind you shouldn't keyboard turn, so bind the strafe keys to A/D (strafe left is A and right is D :P) and that should do it.
    this

All this talk of keyboard turning being terrible, honestly whats the problem in just using both keyboard and mouse.
    Yeah yeah, mouse>keys but mouse+keys>mouse. It's not all that often i use keys but they definitely can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by mafio
    Or try pressing right mouse button and those keys suddenly become UBER STRAFING KEYZZZ
    ...but i guess ppl find it hard to hold the rmb and press their keybinds at the same time so ok
    This....! OMG I can't believe someone plays like me! I always combine mouse+W/A/S/D, i mean , i have only 3 key bind buttons on all my alts and they are Q/E/middle-mouse.

Sometimes i walk using LMB+RMB and stop by pressing S in addition (LMB+RMB+S) so i start running again as soon as i take finger out of S. IDK i learner playeing this wasy and i can't playe without a mouse... i can only perform well on my own pc :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureon
    GOD NO.
    i'm a full keybinder, and still, i wouldn't even think to play without q+d and e+a for circle strafing.
    This, right here.

Having both mouse turning and keyboard turns bound I find gives me more precise movement.

I personally use q and e as keybinds for spammable attacks, or some things that you use most in your rotation on all my chars... Guess im just used to constantly holding rmb down and strafing via a/d
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

buy a 20 dollar mouse with a page forward and back button on your mouse at your thumb, and bind those for strafe.. then all movement is on your mouse and all spells are on your keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfiregum1
    I can do all my dps with my left hand and use it for keyboard turning leaving my mouse for targeting.
    You cant exactly right click rotate your mouse while trying to target switch can you? So you use both
    Yeah, if you're noobish enough to forget that there's a tab button that switches between mobs you can't.
    "Thor: Qvuiet, I'm trying to sneak up on them!"

I've always just used the right mouse button + A & D to strafe. Works fine for me. Sometimes I like to use A & D to turn. I am certainly not a newb and am a circle strafe champ. Keeping A & D for turning lets you swing the camera around by left clicking and holding and keeping yourself properly oriented. It just gives you a lot more flexibility and situational awareness. It's not hard to strafe by holding the right mouse button.
    Quote Originally Posted by annarion
    1) Unbind your turning keys, because keyturning makes you a bad.
    2) Unbind your backpedal key, because backpedalling makes you bad.
    3)Bind more useful abilities to those now empty and ultimately accessible keys.
    4) ???
    5)Profit.
    wat :

Sometimes to get good/perfect positioning, backing up is the proper thing to do, especially while healers are chasing you and you could very well outrun them and get OOR. It also ensures that the mob is within your dodge/parry/block arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zao
    Even better would be ESDF, with S and F being your strafe keys.

But as above already said, keyboard turning should be turned off, especially for tanks.
    Ever done a Sindragosa pug >< Jeez. those people manage to NOT move 15 yards in like 6 seconds? im halfway acros the room -.-

on topic:
    I tried ESDF but it confuses me, considering i got half my skills bound to mouse hotkeys i hardly need the extra room anyway :P, i prefer WASD with turning swapped for strafing
    (E) .· ` ' / ·. (F)
    Ur Tears Fuel Me.
    QQ More Please

Deleted

I made "A" and "D" my strafe keys and bound 2 of my most used spells to "Q" and "E". This way I'm not able to keyboard turn and I got 2 extra abilities near my left hand, which are easy to press while moving.

Can we just agree that as long as you don't die to shit like blistering cold, whichever control scheme works best for you, go with it.