Affliction pvp question?

Hey guys. I am currently running WLD. Now I've been wondering , most and almost all of the top affli locks dont use more then 500 - 600 haste. And yet I've been trying to use as much as possible. Since I'm a human I am using DFO and SP battlemaster one as trinkets , all haste offset gear. Gemed for sp + spell pene till i got caped and now I go for sp + haste. Atm I got around 750 haste with spell stone. So anyone got a answer for me why dont they go for more haste? I mean more haste = more Corp ticks = more Nightfall procs = more dmg obviously
    So can someone please explain me this?
    Passing the 852 mark doesn't give me dat extra immolate tick. Bug?
    I think the guides that give haste values for new ticks all assume 5% Haste buff.
    You sure?!How much more haste do you assume I need for the extra tick?
    I'd assume you need 5% more

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Affliction pvp question?

While some amount of haste is indeed required to pull of your spells quicker etc. there's a lot of discussion of whether sp or haste is better. The reason that haste scales so well in pve is also coz it reduces SB/soul drain cast time. You don't use these a lot in arena situations unless the SB is procced to be instant or the souldrain is aiming for a kill.

Still it's pretty much a matter of choice and playstyle, you'll be able to perform well with both

I see what u mean , however my haunt and UA are 1.23 sec casts ( not using UA glyph ). And still also dont forget about those fast searing pain casts ( also 1.23 ) well I will take it consideration. Still think a lil bit more haste would work better. Ill try both out and see what happens.
    I think the guides that give haste values for new ticks all assume 5% Haste buff.

Quote Originally Posted by EradicatorSanctuary
    I see what u mean , however my haunt and UA are 1.23 sec casts ( not using UA glyph ). And still also dont forget about those fast searing pain casts ( also 1.23 ) well I will take it consideration. Still think a lil bit more haste would work better. Ill try both out and see what happens.
    It's the classic conundrum of "Do I want my things to tick faster, or harder?"

Also remember that UA and CoA don't tick faster with haste, and yet they DO do more damage with spell power.

Yes they dont. crop is affected by haste + crit. UA is affected with crit. And CoA is affected by none of those. ( obviously all of them are affected with sp). And what I said earlier is I meant that I cast Haunt and UA faster. However you got the points right. Do I want them to tick faster or harder.