Thread: Trinkets, again

10+ Year Old Account

Trinkets, again

Ok, so i officially have the worst luck in trinkets ever...
    I've got 60 frosts and nothing to spend them on other than primordials so i thought about buying a trinket. I want to replace my NIC that i use only for the static spell with....
    Purified Lunar Dust - nice big chunk of spell power
    War Totem - just for the static haste
    Quill - to macro it to meta ignoring the hit...
    That's of course until i'll finally see any other usefull trinket. I have never, ever seen a good one drop!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Warlocks are hard.

Re: Trinkets, again

Quote Originally Posted by Ravemstr
    Purified Lunar Dust - nice big chunk of spell power
    War Totem - just for the static haste

Go with the Quill. Assuming you can use the hit.

Otherwise don't buy any of them. Now, granted I'm not a warlock so I could be way off, but last time I checked they don't use Herkumi's or Purified Dust. The haste/Spellopower is nice but the proc is useless.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uglywho
    Yeah, yeah, i know...
    I don't need the hit nor will i ever gear around having hit on a trinket... BUT NIC is pretty much useless...
    Or am i better of using Sundial?
    Yes, those are pretty much the only good trinkets i have. Armory is in sig.
    Warlocks are hard.

Take the Quill. The benefits are 3 fold.

The timing of the CD is the most important feature. you blow it with ur lock CDs and BL and the trinket has doubled it's value.

The hit rating is great..............because...........it allows you to gem or wear gear with more important stats. lets say 2-3 slots that can be alotted for crit/haste or crit/spir whatever locks use.

One of these days your goign to pick up a 10man for fun and the Murradins spyglass or soemthing rather will drop and no one else will want it.

Also some day your going to be a fresh 85 stepping to the t11 raid and are going to be desperately trying to juggle around pieces to reach the new hit cap. At this moment you will look through you bank and find this little gem waiting to see the light of day again. This trinket, on that day, will give you that last % of hit that let that last spell hit for that last 12000 damage that killed the boss on last 1% of his HP after he enraged and wiped the rest of the group. And you my friend will be victorious.

So get the Quill.

Nic is pretty amazing for affliction. Demo not as much. If you don't need hit don't get any and continue to hope for the icc/toc trinkets.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

The last thing i would call NIC is "useless", its part of the BiS in EJ affliction locks.
    Your crit is ok, dont get more, your haste is a bit low.
    IMO dont get a new trinket, save for anything else (primordial saronites, PVP gear etc...)
    W8 for Foreign object to drop...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve
    Take the Quill. The benefits are 3 fold.

The timing of the CD is the most important feature. you blow it with ur lock CDs and BL and the trinket has doubled it's value.

The hit rating is great..............because...........it allows you to gem or wear gear with more important stats. lets say 2-3 slots that can be alotted for crit/haste or crit/spir whatever locks use.

One of these days your goign to pick up a 10man for fun and the Murradins spyglass or soemthing rather will drop and no one else will want it.

Also some day your going to be a fresh 85 stepping to the t11 raid and are going to be desperately trying to juggle around pieces to reach the new hit cap. At this moment you will look through you bank and find this little gem waiting to see the light of day again. This trinket, on that day, will give you that last % of hit that let that last spell hit for that last 12000 damage that killed the boss on last 1% of his HP after he enraged and wiped the rest of the group. And you my friend will be victorious.

So get the Quill.
    I'm a Prot Pally but I going to buy the Quill just for this post

10+ Year Old Account

This trinket, on that day, will give you that last % of hit that let that last spell hit for that last 12000 damage that killed the boss on last 1% of his HP after he enraged and wiped the rest of the group. And you my friend will be victorious.
    /bow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos
    The last thing i would call NIC is "useless", its part of the BiS in EJ affliction locks.
    Your crit is ok, dont get more, your haste is a bit low.
    IMO dont get a new trinket, save for anything else (primordial saronites, PVP gear etc...)
    W8 for Foreign object to drop...
    Sadly, i'm demo... And DFO is a wet dream right now, i'm still hoping on the normal spyglass atm...
    Warlocks are hard.

Deleted

you blow it with ur lock CDs
    You what?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos
    Simcraft for locks:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-s...3_3_3_numbers/
    profile which provided highest dps:
    http://www.wowhead.com/profile=20850045

NMIC is good until you can get DFO w/ Spyglass or phylac

Heroic DFO > Heroic Phylactery > DFO > Heroic Spyglass > NMIC > Phylactery

NMIC is only beat by normal Spyglass and normal Phylactery on a couple fights. It is in fact BiS pre-hard mode since it beats normal Phylactery, but that's as far as it goes.

10+ Year Old Account

You don't get it. I know what's best dps atm, i know what are the best trinkets atm, i know what specs are where atm, i know NiC is almost BiS for Affliction and i know those three are crappy trinkets(healer, melee and useless, in that order)
    I'm demo and i'm not going to respec that. My raid needs me as demo. I know what trinkets i should get, BUT, until i get them:
    Is there any point in getting either of those three or should i just stick with what i have?
    Warlocks are hard.

As Demo you could take Lunar Dust from those options. The others are a complete waste of time. Take it only after you don't need any other badge items (helm, legs, shoulders, gloves, belt). It's better than Sundial, NMIC, etc as Demo. It does lose to IDS, Reign, Flare of the Heavens and a few other lower ilevel trinkets... so... It actually barely beats Abyssal Rune (though it does beat it).

10+ Year Old Account

I don't need anything from frosts anymore, not even money from primordials...
    And it's almost impossible to get a group up for OS/Ulduar, even ToTC groups are hard to find...
    So right now i'm stuck at hoping to get a lucky drop(or two). I'll get that and hope for better luck...
    Warlocks are hard.