Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: PvE Typhoon discussion

He will move towards your tanks. You know where your tanks will be. You can adjust to this

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    He will move towards your tanks. You know where your tanks will be. You can adjust to this
    What if we have a rule that the tanks pick him up where he stops?

Shiiit, we're dropping into an absurd debate again.

I'll make it short.
    Can it happen, answer is yes. Is it therefore worth mentioning, yes, it is. Weee I win. Bye.

I really, really, really do not get you. How hard is it, to just say, yes, it can happen. Even though theoretical, you might encounter this situation and in that case you might prefer casting Typhoon. Instead, you structurally try to molest this point with exactly the thing you argue with, theory. It's theory so it doesn't happen, but I'm going to disprove with theory! /facepalm I c wut u did thar.

And leave marrowgar alone!

How about we start doing "your theory is bigger than mine!" ? Might be fun.

Deleted

Its fine if you have your tanks run to where he stops. Its also inefficient, because he could be in one end of the room, with half of the raid in the other end of the room, rather than people relatively close to where he will return if you tank him in the middle. We are talking about optimizing things here, after all.

Yes, it can happen. I said this several times in this thread. But you are so focused on emploring a troublesome Marrowgar tactic, completely disregarding the large scale argument (hello 11 other bosses) that we seem to be sidetracked to a super narrow subject.

Lets boil it down to this: There are very few times where you have to move for more than a few seconds. When you do, sure, fire away your typhoon for all I care. But the main argument is that you can usually avoid moving for more than 1-2 seconds, making Typhoon less valuable to cast.

This brings us to the second part of the debate, a whole part of my post you decided to avoid answering: There might be differences between the number you see in WC and the number you see ingame, and you are free to use ingame numbers for arguments if you are able to provide us the actual numbers cast under the excact same conditions.

I didn't avoid it, I wrote before, I haven't been able to test it.

tsk..reading, not your strong point.

Don't typhoon mobs off the edge during LK. They'll teleport back up, and while I believe they will still have their aggro table and thus should head for the tank, position-wise they end up in an unpredictable spot with unpredictable facing. Not sure if Raging Spirits get bumped to begin with but it wouldn't be a good idea even if they could be.

-Thedrun

I share agreements with both sides of the debate here.

Pro-Typhoon:
    1. If moving for more than 1-2 seconds.
    2. If 3+ targets involved. (Bone Spikes, Riflemen, Suppressors, Vile Spirits, ect)
    3. If knockback mechanic is necessary, or can help with raid survivability. (Saurfang, Vile Spirits, Suppressors, ect)
    4. Trash - lol.

Con-Typhoon:
    1. If moving for less than 3 seconds. (2x GCD for dot refreshing)
    2. Single target while not moving
    3. Less than 3 targets

I can only see the benefit to unglyphed in two, maybe three, encounters: LK (Vile Spirits), Saurfang (Knock-back bitch), and Valithria (Suppressors); however, in terms of DPS/DMG, Typhoon on Rot Worms would be better glyphed.

I personally keep a stack of [Glyph of Typhoon] in my bags at all times.
    I go through maybe 4-6 a week.
    Where I know Q uses unglyphed, I choose to use Glyphed, and unglyph it when necessary. So on fights where you might get away with hitting 3 targets, you do not run the risks of knocking back. (Ex: LDW's adds)
    <Hell> is now recruiting!!! ~ <Hell> Recruitment Thread

Armory