Weapon enchants for arcane mages

And before you go /facepalm n all that jazz hear me out.

Im quite familiar with the general understanding of what to use (black magic on 1h, sp on staff), however i do recall reading somewhere that when you reatch a certain ammount of haste from gear (say 1000 rating), the black magic enchant becomes less effective and SP on 1h actually out perform it.

Now the question is ofc if there is such a cap or not, in wich case i need brain surgery, or if theres actually some truth to this and if so what would the haste cap be before you swap enchants?

Also before people go on about the FAQ yeah ive read it, i understand the soft/hard cap, but i havent been able to find anything about this in there.

Cheers

Re: Weapon enchants for arcane mages

Use the haste cap calc in the FAQ. Check black magic, 2pc, applicable raid buffs, cooldowns if you please and have a look. If you're below a 1s cast with 2.5s spells (make sure you change the spell cast time from 1.5 to 2.5) and black magic up, you're losing some of it's value.

So basicly, until i get myself to 1s CD on AB with AM proc (4p t10), icy veins/BL it still beats SP. alright thats all i wanted to know. Thanks Skarrd

15+ Year Old Account

skarrd sucks, he is a pve hero who can't pvp. the answer is 7.
    BfA Beta Time

I dont know where your brain surgeon is, but you should call him.