Thread: 2s PvP arena

2s PvP arena

I have a set of ret & prot pvp gear, was wondering what the best class combo would be, any tips?

I'm in 5/5 Relentless w/ all Wrathful offpieces, using 251 weapons for both sets

Re: 2s PvP arena

Restoration Shaman. You can try and rush something with a rogue too I guess. Sap + Blind + HOJ onto one player, cheap shot kidney bomb the other player.

2v2 isn't as great for dps paladins as it used to be.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

ret also works with mage or disc priest and, as far as I've been able to tell, elemental shaman
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

was looking more forward to playing as prot, so what would be a good combo for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    was looking more forward to playing as prot, so what would be a good combo for that?
    Prot + RestoShaman, Prot + Rogue as I've said.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.x...ity%20H%20Jays
    http://www.wowarmory.com/team-info.x...ere%20Stigdala

You can try other healers such as disc priests or resto druids, but resto shaman teams are far more common. I've seen a few prot/rogue teams that just go for the spam-cd burst too.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

What's the state of DK / pally, dual dps?

Prot ret and shaman for sure.

Pally + healer = long fights

I play just for fun with disco priest - we have to use mana burn strategy many times :-*

If you know skilled rogue is still gr8 group, but hard to play.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

saw something odd in a movie on youtube before dual ret pallys and they were doing great
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

I think Ret hunter is pretty good Imo, got to 2k rating + this season with it. As prot you should play with a resto shaman for sure.

Deleted

Protret + restoshaman is a pretty disgusting comp. :< Not quite as disgusting as protret+restoshaman+disc priest in 3s though. Anyway, with relentless+ gear shouldn't be too hard to break 2.2k at least with restoshaman.

What makes prot-ret with a resto shammy so strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoknjoe
    Im wondering the same. Faced that combo on my FrostMage/Frostmage and pwned em ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Smoknjoe
    I actually faced a prot-ret resto shammy last night at 2.1k mmr. Granted it was after doing 5s with a shitty team, so me and my warrior (warrior/druid) were tired (It was also 3 AM), but I felt like we didn't do anything wrong. The game lasted 15 minutes and the shaman and I were both OOM with mana tide / innervate both on cooldown, and the protret had HoJ up. He just ate through barkskin and killed me before my warrior could put out the damage against the shaman. We were equally geared, seemed pretty equally skilled, but the protret just put out double the damage (770,000) my warrior did.

What makes them so good? I don't know. Purge was very annoying when I got behind on healing, which was relatively easy to do with a good protret. The prot paladin has what, 2 silences and a stun on relatively short cooldowns, combine that with wind shear on a six second cooldown and it's relatively difficult to cast anything.

Pret doesn't get MS, so "double the damage" is misleading. They have good burst, but that damage is easily healed through. Pret teams should have problems against teams with excellent mana management, ie resto druids and holy paladins. That is why generally they need to team up with a healer who has offensive dispel (priest, shaman). However, since they are also lacking in spammable peels, shamans will do better than priests because priests have major issues with escaping.

As a druid you can screw over prets by ccing them until plea falls. When they put up plea, have your warrior intercept-hamstring-intervene to get away. When they inevitably HoFreedom, cyclone them 2-3x and then root them 3x after freedom is off. After plea falls off, their mana will be wrecked for a full minute, since instead of getting 1500 mana back from plea over 15 seconds, they get 600, and then spend 750 or more cleansing themselves (bonus points if you can tag them with FF to eat extra cleanses). Rinse and repeat until they have no mana, then tunnel the shaman.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown 14/14H - 3 days per week - Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor
    http://vindicatum.com/