Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft player Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grumpy Old Man
    You have taken that saying out of context my good sir.
    I think he was talking about me

I wasn't convinced :-\
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    How important is that ingame part? :P
    It's like saying that a tennis player should be in the NFL Hall of Fame. It's not matching, if he didn't do anything in the actual game, and gets in the Hall of Fame for not doing anything inside of the game.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkie
    Maydie got healed by a full out-decked paladin while making his movies -.-'. Invicibility dosen't make you good at PvP. Also making hundreds o clips, and chosing the only 15 you didn't die in, dosen't make you good either.
    '

he knew when to use abilities and not spam cleave like a crazy monkey, i think thats a good thing in a warrior

EDIT: horrible grammar D;
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

well..how about we not forget the fact that without his request we wouldn't have the ashes in the first place, you know, cause it was made for him and blizzard decided to share his wishes with everyone.

stop being stupid guys, the kid will live on in wow, if you want to accept it or not.

10+ Year Old Account

dk who soled sarph 10
    mr jenkins

the group that raided the wow funeral

the guys from the grind

the guys from chonicles of the annoying quest

zny 1 from a wow machinima

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gungbroh
    I think he was talking about me

I wasn't convinced :-\
    bastard deleted his post before I could call him an idiot.
    This is a sad day.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiGadi
    '

hew new when to use abilities and not spam cleave like a crazy monkey, i think thats a good think in a warrior
    What? :P. Using your abilities makes you a good player now?

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Every poster here and every WoW player is still a human being and deserves respect.
    You think no one has to earn respect?

I don't think respect is a part of Human Rights.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia
    bastard deleted his post before I could call him an idiot.
    This is a sad day.
    I don't think he did it...
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think he did it...
    Considering thats the only post of his removed, I'm gonna assume he did.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Maydie - Arms warrior in vanilla which basicly didnt use bugs or have 2 dedicated healers in bgs unlike Pat.

Dernos - Holy shock paladin Vanilla. known for having 2k judgements, 3k holy shocks and the Meteor trinket (0.5% drop chance from trash in aq40) doing 3-4k damage.

Drakedog - To this date i have yet to see any other Warlock (except Inflames) To have so much controll over his crowd controlls and still come out on top 5v1.

Vurtne - Best mage of all times is without doubt Vurtne, if you dont know who Vurtne is you better rethink everything you think you knew about vanilla pvp skill.

Nuxvomica - Maybe not one of the "heroes" of our beloved MMO but in a damage video showcasing warriors in vanilla he/she sure deserves a mentioning in this list.

Athene - Put Holy paladins on the map during TBC, even though he's an arrogant ass with no life you can't deny that he's one of the most skilled players in wows history.

Hydra - From the first videos of him "abusing" rocket boots in the TBC arena. Tormenting any melees trying to take him out, Hydra is definitly the current and past Priest champion.

Ill just include some youtube links to the mentioned characters above.
    Maydie Arms warrior - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ZBX-kckJA
    Dernos holy paladin - http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=21156
    Drakedog warlock - http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=32623
    Vurtne Mage - http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=21974
    Nuxvomica warrior - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlL28HV5M5g
    Athene Holy paladin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B-UMGNpNnA
    Hydra Priest - Couldn't find a decent movie.

There it is. i suggest you go check out Vurtne and Dernos from vanilla if you haven't seen them before. Dernos also did 1300 dps at lvl 60 singletarget at the patch before TBC. doing HUGE numbers.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Do you wanna see how Grumpy I can get? A child with a tumor who is fighting to stay alive is certainly heroic. There are people who just give up in those situations and yet he persisted. If you really feel the need to insult the memory of a sick child I'll gladly make sure you can't do it here.
    I disagree, and he never insulted him, he just pointed out that he wasn't heroic/legendary. I had thyroid cancer in the 5th grade, do I consider myself heroic? No. Sure, a lot of people give up in rough situations like that, but so do people that have a fine life.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia
    Considering thats the only post of his removed, I'm gonna assume he did.
    Cocaine makes you paranoid I guess...

Big brother, watching our moves...

:-X

15+ Year Old Account

It's like saying that a tennis player should be in the NFL Hall of Fame. It's not matching, if he didn't do anything in the actual game, and gets in the Hall of Fame for not doing anything inside of the game.
    I don't know if I would go with such a far contrast. More like a hotdog guy in the stadium stands. Still plays a important role, but gets no respect :P yeah...that's the analogy I wish to use

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    Hydra - From the first videos of him "abusing" rocket boots in the TBC arena. Tormenting any melees trying to take him out, Hydra is definitly the current and past Priest champion.

Hydra Priest - Couldn't find a decent movie.
    You should probably mention he's the best priest in the world... /ESL tournament circuit

Hydra 7 woud've been an excellent movie, I think it's 8x platinum on WCM

10+ Year Old Account

What? :P. Using your abilities makes you a good player now?
    unless ur a pally, faceroll is good enough :P
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

You should probably mention he's the best priest in the world... /ESL tournament circuit

Hydra 7 woud've been an excellent movie, I think it's 8x platinum on WCM
    what i ment was i couldn't find the lvl 70 arena movie i wanted. and i said he was current and past best priest.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Slamulous, original leader of the now #24 guild in the world, Gentlemen's Club (Stormreaver) during pre-BC before nearly the whole guild left the server. First guy I ever saw with Thunderfury and was proud to have helped him get it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebushido
    I disagree, and he never insulted him, he just pointed out that he wasn't heroic/legendary. I had thyroid cancer in the 5th grade, do I consider myself heroic? No. Sure, a lot of people give up in rough situations like that, but so do people that have a fine life.
    Even if your a hero to one person your still a hero. Maybe I sympathize with Ezra and his family because I was a sick kid as well and I also have a brother his age.. I can't even imagine the pain his family must go through daily. The point is a poster who's running gag is being a grumpy old man decided to play that part and tell someone that they're opinion of Ezra was wrong. You NEVER try and take that away from someone.

But let's end it here. It's irresponsible of me to keep derailing the thread.

I think most of the people in the Hall of Fame would be PvP heroes, aside from World First Guild Faces

WFGF

Windfury

I often see post similar to this about twice a month, might be more for all I know it’s hard to keep track. But no matter how many I see, there’s always one toon I never see mentioned, Grim. His videos inspired me to make a rogue and I’m sure countless others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH17rZmtvzo

^ His first of three videos entitled "Grim's Total Annihilation."
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.