Thread: spirit beasts

spirit beasts

I dunno if Im lucky or not but i spent about a half hour looking for skoll and got him.
    I'm just curious is this pet that common now?

Re: spirit beasts

Depends on the server, the time he spawns, anything. Call it luck sometimes, I got him the day after he came out on the way to ulduar for a raid.

You're lucky. My friend and I friend spent 2 months camping for him. We came to the Realization that Paladins are assholes because they were always the ones killing the Beast. Also, I hate the Rare Spawn Alert Add-ons, they attract people with no reason to kill a Rare Spawn Spirit Beasts.

However, we didn't get any of those infamous Assholes who would gank you or the Spirit Beast during Taming.

I came across Gondria while leveling my hunter, didn't have a BM spec so i killed her when I saw an alliance hunter flying in :<

10+ Year Old Account

They really aren't that common except maybe the spirit bear. I've seen more people with him than all the other beasts combined. I have him and Gondria. So I wouldn't say they are common, more of an exciting challenge

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

10+ Year Old Account

I think it's more, the people that really want him have him so he's not farmed as much. I was flying over on my main and saw him, switched to my hunter and got him a few weeks ago.

got all 4 on my hunter. still get some comments on skoll and the bear even on a full server.

but depends I guess.

I camped Loque for about 2 days, then I camped Skoll immediately after his patch, got him in about 4 hours of camping, and afaik I got the server's first Skoll. Never liked Gondria or the Bear, seemed like a lame cop-out. Skoll >>>>>>>>> Loque though, he's so fucking cool it's unbelievable. Now blizz needs to make BM viable, or let MM use SBs....

The only sad thing is that Spirit Beasts is far from BiS pet. The rarest is beaten even by Raptors, which is extremelly common.

And Arcturis (the bear) is really easy to find as he only spawns at one place. Sholazars Spirit Beast is incredibly rare on the other hand as it's heavily farmed and shares spawn rate with other beasts.

I really wish spirit beasts keeped the ability they would have as a normal cat/wolf/bear. Though then Skoll would turn into a BiS pet and being superfarmed even though he's ugly as hell.

Oh yeah, give us Devilsaur Spirit Beast!

skoll is probably the easiest of the lot. i've run into him twice at the spawn near brunnhildar village, and this wasn't farming at all just doin my dailies.

10+ Year Old Account

I have always enjoyed the look of spirit beasts, but I don't want a useless bm spec just to have them, since I don't use a beastcleave team.

Edit: I cna't splel wlel

By pure luck I flew to Amber Lodge with a "what if...?" at about 6:30am server time, and sure enough Arcturis was there.

Now he's called Winterbourne and among my favorite pets.
    Hunter 85 | Warlock 85 | Shaman 85 | Mage 85 | Druid 85 | Death Knight 85 | Paladin 77 | Warrior 70 | Rogue 60 | Priest 29

Do all 4 spirit beast's do the same amount of dmg??

Quote Originally Posted by Klokker
    Do all 4 spirit beast's do the same amount of dmg??
    Yes....they're all of the Spirit Beast Family.

Just like no two Wolves do different Damage.

10+ Year Old Account

Used to be that they did, back before Blizzard broke pets.

I'm looking forward to re-collecting all the spirit beasts once we get our nifty new expanded stable ^^ Currently my stable only has one slot that is not reserved for pets with specific purposes, and with the coming changes to pet racials, I can see the number of "required" pets for raiding going up even more >.<;; Currently have: Devilsaur for dungeons, wolf for raiding, wasp for raiding when a druid is not available (Sting increases raid damage more than enough to offset the personal dps loss compared to wolf in most cases,) bear for soloing, and currently have Gondria in my last slot as my only real "optional" pet. There are a ton of other pets I would like to be able to have but don't have room at the moment.

Can't say that I'm really looking forward to having to level up 5 pets per purpose, but it'll be fun hunting them down at least ^^

I wouldn't say he's common, but hes not as rare as some of the other beasts cause he is in a common place.

I also have him because a guildie was questing in the area and found him and i was the only hunter in the guild online xD

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart
    Just like no two Wolves do different Damage.
    Okay could be cool to raid with a bear ;P

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80
    I'm looking forward to re-collecting all the spirit beasts once we get our nifty new expanded stable ^^ Currently my stable only has one slot that is not reserved for pets with specific purposes, and with the coming changes to pet racials, I can see the number of "required" pets for raiding going up even more >.<;; Currently have: Devilsaur for dungeons, wolf for raiding, wasp for raiding when a druid is not available (Sting increases raid damage more than enough to offset the personal dps loss compared to wolf in most cases,) bear for soloing, and currently have Gondria in my last slot as my only real "optional" pet. There are a ton of other pets I would like to be able to have but don't have room at the moment.

Can't say that I'm really looking forward to having to level up 5 pets per purpose, but it'll be fun hunting them down at least ^^
    I think that blizz should allow all the "active" pets they talked about share the xp from leveling, it would make leveling pets much less of a chore.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sisters+of+Elune&cn=Noxia

10+ Year Old Account

I'm fortunate enough to own all 4 of the beasts, and I found Gondria in a similar situation, yet faster... after a mere ten minutes. Server first, too. I think spirit beast hunting comes down to luck and who is in the general area.

All the other beasts took about 4 days, excluding Arcturis. I saw the bear after 4 days, got a tag and tame started, until a hunter of the opposite faction decided I wasn't worthy of the beast and killed it. Alas, I found patience and returned later, waited it out and finally got him.

RNG, baby.
    F O R T H E H O R D E