Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: WoW coming to the iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliex

Ppl that say iPod fail dont even know what a iPod is!
    iPods do fail. There are superior options on the market in just about every "niche" they try to fill with them. They are supported by name recognition and ongoing marketing.

iPads, on the other hand, have the potential to be extremely useful, situationally. For the average user...meh. Nothing in my foreseeable future contains a reason to purchase an iPad.

It would be like playing on a 20 year old laptop. Good luck.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    People buy iPads?

Honestly, I thought it was a joke by Apple when I first heard of it...
    Same here. I was just telling my friend about it..
    But yeah.. I don't believe that it can handle WoW regardless if it fails or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    It would be like playing on a 20 year old laptop. Good luck.
    The concept is that it's like a streaming video, not like your card is rendering a game world. So it'll be pretty, your latency will just be ridiculous, since it has to go from iPad -> Wireless router -> ISP -> Game Service -> ISP -> Blizzard and all the way back instead of PC -> ISP -> Blizzard and back.

Lol. No.

Hahahahaha.... no. Not nearly enough processing power on such a device.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliex
    Well said! It sold more then WoW the first week so yes it fails! :-)
    I LOVE my iPod. But WoW on is a no no.
    Ppl that say iPod fail dont even know what a iPod is!
    Clearly you don't either. They are talking about a iPad, you are talking about a iPod.

My thoughts of a iPad? Waste of money. If you want a laptop, buy a real laptop. An iPad is just an overgrown iPhone.

iPad can't do anything new that a laptop can't, besides it's touchscreen. It might be handy sitting in a bus reading forums like this, but would you pay that much money just to do that ? I can already do that with my iPhone, which can do more, and is like 1/10 the size.

People who buy an iPad is a) have too much money, b) only think it's cool, c) don't know sheit about it and just thinks "oh cool I can look at the internet and read books in the bus, which what a laptop already can do, just cheaper.

No.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

15+ Year Old Account

impossible.. iPad doesn't support "Flash"..
    ALTF4.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781
    Learn to read before writing stupid things...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker
    sure it does. it fails enough to sell a million units the first month its out. it fails enough to put the entire "netbook" concept in jeopardy. and of course it fails enough to make random losers claim how bad it is because its not a fully functional PC. what would one of those losers claims look like? see above quote.
    "It sold a million units in a month" is an appeal to popularity. A million people buying Crap™ does not mean Crap™ is anything but Crap™.

It can't possibly put the "netbook" concept in jeopardy because it's the entire antithesis of what netbooks exist for. Netbooks are for word processing and basic Internet connectivity in a relatively bare-bones, and cheap, portable system. The iPad does not have a keyboard, is significantly more expensive than almost any netbook, and has poor Internet compatability, since it can't handle Flash. If it's trying to be a better netbook, it's failing in every single way.

The one thing it DOES have that a netbook doesn't is a bigger screen, that is also a touchscreen. The problem here is that it's apparently intended for watching media on the go, but the nature of a touchscreen means you're smearing your greasy fingers all over the viewing surface just to make it work. This is what we call "counterproductive".

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781
    you obviously don't understand how terminal services and streaming applications work. All of the gpu cycles/cpu cycles heck even memory would be done on the host pc. Granted wow would probably suck due to high ping rates, playing the game itself would be easily possible.

And to all the ipad bashers, grow up, its a portable device designed with multimedia uses, and does that very well. Sure a netbook could do some things better, or a portable dvd player, mp3 player, book reader, ect.... but it does them all very well, and has its own niche, was it over hyped? yes but so are almost all good selling products.

Quote Originally Posted by Metian
    impossible.. iPad doesn't support "Flash"..
    and it will burn before you could actually see Dalaran... lol @ Apple lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz
    and it will burn before you could actually see Dalaran... lol @ Apple lovers
    lol @ all the pcfanbio's that have no understanding of technology.

And why not play WoW on Watermelon?!
    Just believe... all cars have mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypper
    iPods do fail. There are superior options on the market in just about every "niche" they try to fill with them. They are supported by name recognition and ongoing marketing.
    Isn't that the definition of win? Being a worse product but still out-selling all competition?

Ipad is the latest fotm novelty from apple.
    Just like the ipod it is a hugely restricted profiteering based platform orientated around selling you content.
    If apple were not so keen to lock down their devices, and actually allow innovation, then that is what could kill off netbooks, not the store orientated overhyped web browser the ipad is.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Danktus
    If WoW goes portable, the accident rate in cars will increase by at least 50%
    actually WoW is already portable i play WoW while im in Starbucks when the group wipes i like shout and breaks the silence causing everyone to look at me XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sápphh
    No.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Any city with Sprint 4G + Gaming Laptop = portable WoW. The upload times on 4G are a little slow though so gaming on it isn't as nice, however, the download speeds can be better than cable/dsl internet. As soon as they figure out how to make upload speeds as fast on wireless cell networks -- I see Cable/DSL being technologythat eventually comes to an end as we all switch to wireless 4G.

Weird, I bought a laptop in 2007 and I can still play WoW on it at a pretty good framerate. I could buy this laptop online now, used for half the price of an Ipad. I also wouldn't have to "stream" the game as a video and get get like 2 fps while using and insane amount of bandwidth....

I guess what i'm saying is, I'm from the future.