10+ Year Old Account

Whats happening to beginning wow when Cata expansion comes out?

Does anyone know whats going to happen to the orginal World of Warcraft game when Cata comes out? Since the expansion is going to change what Azeroth will look like, the original world of warcraft wouldn't be able to run whats happening because everything is changed. So what does that mean? Does Cata mean we buy it and we can throw out the original copy?

Re: Whats happening to beginning wow when Cata expansion comes out?

yeh
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Think of original WoW as a pizza base and all the expansions as toppings.

Does Cata mean we buy it and we can throw out the original copy?
    New players will have to buy every expansion pack, but you wont need cataclysm to benefit from the revamped areas.

Why are all american girls so rough?

Its the same game.. It will just look different.

Deleted

Revamped areas you should be able to play with the normal vanilla set. The new zones (Hyjal ect) you will need Cataclysm to use.

Deleted

Well, you can throw the original (and all the others) way, as long you keep the CD-Keys, since you can download it from Blizz.

But no. Anyone that just bought the original will also get the new Azeroth, without even needing Cataclysm.

Deleted

Even people who only have bought the standard wow version will have the changes. Maybe not as drastic since you do quest that phase out terrain. but when cataclysm releases the world as we know it will be gone..

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyInc
    but when cataclysm releases the world as we know it will be gone..
    *dramatic music*

Why are all american girls so rough?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamper
    *dramatic music*

nough my god

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario
    Does anyone know whats going to happen to the orginal World of Warcraft game when Cata comes out? Since the expansion is going to change what Azeroth will look like, the original world of warcraft wouldn't be able to run whats happening because everything is changed. So what does that mean? Does Cata mean we buy it and we can throw out the original copy?
    No, actually the original warcraft box you buy isn't to access the old world, but to activate your account. So in fact it'll be Wow-BC-Wotlk-Cata you'll have to buy. But for the installation? I can't tell, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to install from the original CD (since you need BC and Wotlk, which are quite heavy files) THEN cata. So it'll be Wow-BC-Wotlk-Cata, as it ever been like this for any Xpac anyway.

Everything in the Old World we know now will disapear too.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

If you dont have cata

You won't get access to 61-85 content, or access to worgen, goblins, blood elves and space goats. And possibly no access to the new class combination's.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Guesswho69
    If you dont have cata

You won't get access to 61-85 content, or access to worgen, goblins, blood elves and space goats. And possibly no access to the new class combination's.
    i guess you ment 81 to 85 and i think class combo might be avalible to all.