Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: When is Arm Pen good for ret?

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    No.

arp increases a part of rets dps by a percentage. The absolute dps per X arp rating increase depends on the amount of attack power the ret currently has. If the amount of attack power increases, ignoring 1 % of armor is a higher value of increaed dps compared to lower attack power.
    If you were to graph the relative values of strength and armor penetration, their respective graphs wouldn't even come close because of the armor penetration cap. As is, only have ~40% of a ret's damage affected by that cannot even have stacking armor pen come close, no matter how much attack power you have.

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21362554#inventory

a full set of gear with 76 ArP stat.

I just wish there's a boot with no ArP stat on it.

the they holy dmg needs armpen. no really its not great since it only affect psychical damage.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    If you were to graph the relative values of strength and armor penetration, their respective graphs wouldn't even come close because of the armor penetration cap. As is, only have ~40% of a ret's damage affected by that cannot even have stacking armor pen come close, no matter how much attack power you have.
    it all comes down to this.

arP will only become beneficial to stack if holy dmg comes from a weapon's hit dmg instead of the weapon's min-max dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectus
    http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21362554#inventory
    a full set of gear with 76 ArP stat.
    I just wish there's a boot with no ArP stat on it.
    What's with all that crappy plate gear + wrong gems + stupid cloak + wrong repu ring !_!
    And there are mail boots with hit/crit :P

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    Still, if you could obtain let's say ilvl 600 gear at lvl 80 and this gear would have tons of str on it and enough ArP to get you close to the cap - then ArP might outscale Str. But this is all hyphotetical as you will never reach a gearlevel, where you have enough Str to make ArP better than Str.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamuss
    I've seen 5 troll threads in the past 15 minutes Already... What is this? International Troll Day?
    Hi there.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

when u got 70% from gear..start gemming. and u shud never get 70% from gear, cause thats just bad itemisation.

The reason for gear on the BiS list on elitistjerks is that there isnt any other item thats better without the ArP on it, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    when u got 70% from gear..start gemming. and u shud never get 70% from gear, cause thats just bad itemisation.
    More like 90% from gear - without gearing for it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamuss
    I've seen 5 troll threads in the past 15 minutes Already... What is this? International Troll Day?
    i hope so, good laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Skulldancer
    I am not trolling. Ret is my offspec and I seen Elitest jerks BiS gear with Arm Pen on it. Plus Shadow's Edge has Arm Pen and is one of the best weps.
    haha, just becuz items have arp on it you shouldnt gem for it.. ALL MUTI ROGUES GOGO FULL ARP! lol.... paladins attacks is mostly spell damage. and no.. you dont stack SP gems

i vaguely recall someone saying armour pen on gear would be changed to mastery, worth thinking about if it is indeed correct

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Laskai
    i vaguely recall someone saying armour pen on gear would be changed to mastery, worth thinking about if it is indeed correct
    nope, hate or crit

haste if the item already have crit
    crit if the item already have haste

read the blue post about new itemization

Quote Originally Posted by Laskai
    Didnt they say they were taking out weapon mastery?

Wild Warrior uses Shattering Throw..... Its SUPER effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauldo
    Didnt they say they were taking out weapon mastery?
    Do the trolls never end?
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    I see you trollin
    round town with that class i love
    and im like haiku

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherilium
    Do the trolls never end?
    lmao i wasn't trolling, i thought i saw somewhere they said that leveling up weapons would be taken out. I might have mistaken it for taking out talents that support % towards weapon mastery though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetherilium
    Do the trolls never end?
    He was talking about Weapon skill level. And one of the Blue's did comment on removing skill levels from gear (meaning if you got a new mace after always using swords, you wouldn't have to level up mace skills).
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    He was talking about Weapon skill level. And one of the Blue's did comment on removing skill levels from gear (meaning if you got a new mace after always using swords, you wouldn't have to level up mace skills).
    Ah yes, weapon skill level thats it. My break from WoW is showing rofl.