Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: ISS Vs Improved Hunters Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik
    only the second shot it fires is nature damage.
    it fires 2 shots when you hit that one button. the first being pure physical and the 2nd firing if serpent sting is active for nature damage.
    no.check your logs.both parts are nature damage

Quote Originally Posted by Xemik
    only the second shot it fires is nature damage.
    it fires 2 shots when you hit that one button. the first being pure physical and the 2nd firing if serpent sting is active for nature damage.
    Neither of them is physical, please don't spew misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    Here is what i got .. at any gear level your splitting hairs for 9-10 DPS, It will definitely be better at lower and Higher Gear levels once you ArP Hard cap the extra AP will help. So overall Imp HM is kind of a wash... ISS or IHM don't really seem like either is a bad choice.

Solo (No Buffs w/o Glyph)
    IHM = 6551.34 (+10.27)
    ISS = 6541.07

Raid (Best Buffs w/o Glyph)
    IHM = 11974.03 (+9.83)
    ISS = 11964.20
    This is quite true, if you're the only hunter in the raid it can come down to preference honestly, the extra mana from ISS can help on fights where mana becomes a problem (thinking LK especially here), and end up taking it a step above IHM. Plus, it's annoying to try and keep up improved mark in pugs when other hunters have mark macro'd into pet attack or whatever, if your mark gets overridden you've just wasted three talent points >.>

Hmm, will do..cause I honestly don't remember the first part showing up as nature.
    my bad.

edit. figured out where I saw physical lol, when I looked in combat I guess my eyes slipped down a line while going across and I actually looked at aimed shot's damage XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumaska
    In the universe of capped ArP..?
    even with 100% Arp cap Chimera still hits harder than AiS.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jl.../?s=891&e=1144

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    This is quite true, if you're the only hunter in the raid it can come down to preference honestly, the extra mana from ISS can help on fights where mana becomes a problem (thinking LK especially here), and end up taking it a step above IHM. Plus, it's annoying to try and keep up improved mark in pugs when other hunters have mark macro'd into pet attack or whatever, if your mark gets overridden you've just wasted three talent points >.>
    More then the Extra Mana is the Extra Burst Damage for the VALK/Spirits when you only get 1 maybe 2 cycles on to your target. For LK/LK:Heroic mana really is a non-misses if you switch to viper for parts of the transition phases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Don't you get 'there is a more powerful spell active'?

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    More then the Extra Mana is the Extra Burst Damage for the VALK/Spirits when you only get 1 maybe 2 cycles on to your target. For LK/LK:Heroic mana really is a non-misses if you switch to viper for parts of the transition phases.
    My experience with LK (and this is only 10 man, mind you) so far is that if you switch to viper for the endless winter phases (what I assume you mean by transition) that you will only help cause your raid to fall behind on vile spirits, they already spawn hard enough on us without me doing half damage. I rarely seem to get a break during that fight, although I will say that rapid killing+rapid recuperation is AMAZING when you're the one shooting down the ice orbs, one shot kills for 6% mana is epic.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

My experience with LK (and this is only 10 man, mind you) so far is that if you switch to viper for the endless winter phases (what I assume you mean by transition) that you will only help cause your raid to fall behind on vile spirits, they already spawn hard enough on us without me doing half damage. I rarely seem to get a break during that fight, although I will say that rapid killing+rapid recuperation is AMAZING when you're the one shooting down the ice orbs, one shot kills for 6% mana is epic.
    Most of your top DPS Specs for 25m raids don't carry RR, so your only source of manna gen is JoW/Viper. In 10m raids you defiantly want to carry RR if you don't have a reliable pal in the group that can afford to keep JoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sia0
    even with 100% Arp cap Chimera still hits harder than AiS.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jl.../?s=891&e=1144
    you have to factor in that aimed shot has its crit chance boosted by 12% through talents while chimera does not.

10+ Year Old Account

He just linked you a WoL graph, proving that it still doesn't overcome chimera. Pay attention.

15+ Year Old Account

even when it's a joke such comments makes me aaaaaaaangry!

The glyph of HM should not be taken unless there are more hunters in your raid to help make up the difference, as replacing any of MM's key glyphs is very harmful. However, replacing 3 talent points in ISS with IHM is a DPS gain in some circumstances. Try formulating results without changing glyphs.