Thread: so sad

so sad

just my penny about some things
    ive been reading mmo everyday since i dont know when
    but lately i kinda stopped doing it due to the general feeling about icc
    my guild just start working on the lich king 10 man and having some problems in p2
    we are a 10 man only guild wich also means that we dont have acces to 25 man gear

tbh im kinda proud that we got up there with only 3 night raids (if we are lucky with the people online )

When i read the forums here i feel like a complete noob tard ashole etc etc cause it seems that the lich king on normal is hogger style easy for an 80

My opinion is that too much people from the 25 man raids go in there with way too much gearpower and think its an easy job
    i would like to see a bit more respect for the people who are stil working on him and doing the best they can.

just something from worldoflogs
    lich king 10 man normal 8264 kills, 194644 wipes, 4.1 % success.
    Lets say hes not that easy ok

Re: so sad

Hear, hear.

10+ Year Old Account

low sucess rate ?
    hey all

Quote Originally Posted by nellpyiwe
    low sucess rate ?
    wel if you see the succes in 10 man (kill ) and see the same rate in 25 man
    11901 kills, 273581 wipes, 4.2 % success.

then it seems lich king is harder in 10 man then 25

(mind you this is just a site nothing more so its an indication but a funny one though )'

This might sound harsh but I think your raid just needs to improve, work together better. I raid 10man strict aswell and we're now making progress on LK HC, in 10 man only gear. It's far from impossible, your raid just needs to be well organized and your players need to know what they're doing and what they can improve on.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

because all guilds parse, because all guilds are equal.

he he no dont get me wrong im not saying its anything imposible just that the general statements made on the forums these day's is that he's piss easy wich i dont think he is

Ofc you will always have better players and players who do tend to make small mistakes hehe
    its just i dont think hes a pushover and i be considered a tard for not pushing him over with 2 fingers in my nose

With the 15% buff though, it is really quite easy, as long as your raid can not stand in defiles and know how to stack for valks etc... It's a cake walk (wiped on 15% on my paladin on another server with a guild that has trouble killing putricide normal... they got him the next night with a hunter dying 3 times during the actual kill)

Just try and weed out the mistakes bit by bit, the important part is keeping your cool when say, a valk decides to fly through a defile, make sure everyone doesn't just panic and make some silly mistake.

good to see more people who think the same indeed
    for me the game isnt over yet we stil have to open up the heroic mode on our 10 mans
    i like to see us be able to kill LK heroic aswell but im in no hurry to make it faster then we do now just because we otherwise would be tards and other bad things

i see it like this we have the slow kill... so more time to enjoy content hehehe
    no all jokes besides i think the LK encounter is a very nice one and not as easy as people claim it is even the nomral mode.
    I also like the fact that they made the 25 heroic version really hard (wich the top 10 guilds also think ) that proves that even for the hardcore raiders there is stil something in this nice game.

Anyway getting ready for another night on the king

our guild is struggling on LK but the biggest issue seems to be we never have the same group from week to week and every week it seems like we bring someone that doesnt know the encounters past saurfang, so people just get frustrated.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Internetanonymity makes douchebags out of otherwise decent people.
    I'm fairly certain that people are who they are regardless of whether or not they're posting on the Internet. The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

I think you're doing good for a casual guild. A lot of people come on here to brag about how "easy" the game is, but rarely come to say how good it is.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Viceversa
    because all guilds parse, because all guilds are equal.
    In Britain we are getting new polls about the election votes everyday, do you think these polls and newspapers have asked every person who they are voting for to get the number or a proportion of the population?

Like most polls/percentages and estimations, the numbers are taken from a general populous. Otherwise we might as well take away the "Create Poll" options from threads.

Its nice you to get to Lich King - grats.

Blizzard has definately upped the difficulty level of the closing fight - LK normal is not easy.
    Just make sure everyone in your raid understands, that this is a hard fight - be prepared to wipe lots more than the bossess leading up to him.

Its normal to be stuck on LK for some time - just be resilient and keep going back - with good teamwork you can do it.

Good luck with the fight!

Fully agree mate.

We got lich king this week for the first time in the same situation. 10 man only guild (2 teams). Mostly 251 gear (Some 264 from pugs / VoA / crafted). We spent 3 weeks extending the lockout and having 3 nights of around 3 hours trying him.

It was a great feeling progressing from initially screwing up P1 (not positioning adds correctly, not moving plague correctly) to getting comfortably into P2 but screwing up positioning (BUNCH for valkyr, SPREAD for defile... not so easy when they are within 2 seconds of each other :P). Last time (our kill night) we got 14%, 13% then 12% before a couple of screw ups (Best one being 99% wipe when tank DC's just as tirion got frozen ). Managing vile spirits was tricky, but then we got it, and screams ensued xD

I'm proud that as a group of 'semi-casuals' (3 nights of 3 hours raiding a week, full time jobs and social lives meaning sometimes no raids for a couple of weeks) we've beaten the 'final boss' even if it isnt on heroic or 25 man.

Keep it up - good luck

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

if one day the "10 man normal expansion endboss" will be a walk in the park so everyone and their grandmas could beat it, wow will die because everyone and the grandmas will be quitting. you should be excited to have the chance to battle big bad arthas, and you should not look left and right who's "beating" you. enjoy your guildraids and pace at your own speed. you know, just have fun and a good time! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by det
    People come to these forums to brag, rarely to seek advice. Internetanonymity makes douchebags out of otherwise decent people.

This goes so far that some people will claim the game is a disgrace and easy because they could now do 12/12 25 man ICC hardmodes.

There will always be exceptional players, there will always be players who cannot even kill LK with the 30% buff on 10 man. The game happens on all levels inbetween.

For example my guild has killed everything up to and including Illidan in TBC before it was nerfed. We were used to a certain standard in raiding that we could uphold during Ulduar and TotGC but then we lost the guildleader and 3 officers as well as some of the most reliable healers and dps. Right in the middle of ICC we were on the verge of breaking up and just about managed to pull the guild together and keep it going. Among these turmoils, killing LK at all (25 man) felt like an achievement.

Guess what I want to say is: There is no absolute measurement of sucess, as you can see by the post that all these haters made when they ridiculed Ensidia for being "only" world third on LK 25man HM.

Taking a look at sites like wowprogress and world of logs can help you indeed putting things in perspective. And that is 25% of guilds (13 000 = 130 000 players out of 11 million of which 1 million raid) have actually killed Arthas on 10 man normal.. barely 200 guilds (2000 players) could even kill him on 10 man hardmode. And we are speaking with a 15% buff now

Yes..you 130 000 guys can feel superior to the 870 000 who haven't killed him...or 10 870 000 if you so want. But just because it was faceroll to you..doesn't mean it is faceroll to everybody else.
    Well said, Det. Well said.

@ Original Poster - You are doing well, having got to the Lich King. You should be proud that you've at least got to take on the end boss of the current expansion. Just keep on plugging away at him, spend time on going through tactics, reviewing videos etc and it will all gel together eventually and you'll get that well deserved kill!

My 10 man guild is currently on Sindragosa, who we hope to down this weekend and then onto The Lich King!
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

10+ Year Old Account

Point of view = point of sitting. You cant compare 25s to 10s , You cant do this with well organised 25 " so called hardcore" guilds and 3 days/week "semi pro". It`s quite common to hear on my server that LK is so "pugable" that I shouldnt even put Kingslayer over my head. Hate that kind of ppl. I bet that most of them will remeber their first LK kill not "so doable". No one should minimalize your pride of that kill or even getting there. Let all of them kinglsayers have thier little big moments.