Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Such much for alpha posts not being moderated.

Well, I thought it was stated that alpha forums weren't going to be moderated?

Of course, they said that fake info would be pulled off, so why was the alpha hash thread pulled off only after it was confirmed to be real?

lolhypocrytes

http://pastebin.com/F6ERdPbU

check it out if you're interested and know how torrents work, forum.

Re: Such much for alpha posts not being moderated.

Only now do i realise that MMOC is turning into a Naziesque Regime.

Deleted

Anyone linking or advertising emulation/cheating sites will be permanently banned from the forums.
    I don't see why but it's on the main page

Quote Originally Posted by Aranor
    Well, I thought it was stated that alpha forums weren't going to be moderated?

Of course, they said that fake info would be pulled off, so why was the alpha hash thread pulled off only after it was confirmed to be real?

lolhypocrytes

http://pastebin.com/F6ERdPbU

check it out if you're interested and know how torrents work, forum.
    You might want to post something like this in the Suggestions & Feedback part of the forum, before you criticise how it's moderated.

Did you just also repost the supposed Alpha leak?

Anyone linking or advertising emulation/cheating sites will be permanently banned from the forums.

But he DIDN'T post a link to an emulation or cheat website...

Simply the hash number and the magnet link.

There were no instructions on how to emulate the client on a sandbox server.

Therefore, no rules were broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu

The purpose is just the same.

soo? its finally here? any proof it actually works?
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted

your right
    no rules got broken

I do not think anybody got past 0%. xD
    So we do not really know for sure.

15+ Year Old Account

It really doesn't matter seeing as how there aren't any working trackers for it that have been posted anywhere.

If you get the torrent file matching that infohash it will have working trackers in there.

Anyway, AFAIK blizzard downloader doesn't work with either DHT or torentless torrents, so the only way that hash will be useful is if someone with a normal client gets the original torrent file embedded in the downloader.

I clicked the link. I don't get it

Can anyone explain before my mind blows up?

Deleted

With about a dozen people reporting the topic not to mention many more reporting replies to the topic, we won't delete news about alpha but we're certainly not going to stop ignoring our normal moderation duties.

Whether or not the magnet link once worked in the past is irrelevant, it no longer works now and is extremely unlikely to work again in the future. Allowing everyone to post a magnet link with "this won't actually give you alpha!" in mind just opens up room for scams and fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by AtotheJ
    I clicked the link. I don't get it

Can anyone explain before my mind blows up?
    Essentially you have to create a magnet link for it, so (for further reference) you take the hash (long number) and add magnet:?xt=urn:btih:"insert md5" In this case, the md5 you see on pastebin. You then go into your client, and "add torrent from link" or something along those lines... insert the magnet link you created. from there you should have an active magnet link, you need the torrent tracker that has something that matches your md5, in this case it was presumably http://us.tracker.worldofwarcraft.com:3724/announce. From there a normal magnet link would start working... this appears to not work anymore, so whatever... but now if you ever want to know how to do this in the future, free knowledge

Deleted

So yeah with this client out where's our datamined leakz!

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Wow, get your facts straight. MMO forums are about to start a world war and kill million of innocent people? This is the kind of post where I would like insult people like you, but theresulting ban would just not be worth it.
    Now I think you both went a little overboard here, don't you think? I'm pretty sure that's not what he ment at all, stop twisting words like some spin doctor from the bush administration :

Quote Originally Posted by chorx
    Essentially you have to create a magnet link for it, so (for further reference) you take the hash (long number) and add magnet:?xt=urn:btih:"insert md5" In this case, the md5 you see on pastebin. You then go into your client, and "add torrent from link" or something along those lines... insert the magnet link you created. from there you should have an active magnet link, you need the torrent tracker that has something that matches your md5, in this case it was presumably http://us.tracker.worldofwarcraft.com:3724/announce. From there a normal magnet link would start working... this appears to not work anymore, so whatever... but now if you ever want to know how to do this in the future, free knowledge
    thanks a lot

15+ Year Old Account

Only now do i realise that MMOC is turning into a Naziesque Regime.
    ORLY?

Doing what we're supposed to isn't Naziesque. We're volunteers here and for most of us anything questionable will get deleted. It comes down to the fact that 5-6 people reported the other thread and I know I'm not clicking any links too confirm peoples suspicions of keyloggers and scams.

Also.. We went through this when we first started moderating.. you may have been used to trolling but that's not something you'll get away with anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Also.. We went through this when we first started moderating.. you may have been used to trolling but that's not something you'll get away with anymore.
    I won't? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

To add to this, it is a common phenomena here where trolls complain about the moderators just trying to "prop up their regime." Fanatical insights such as this are founded on the base that for the past few years, these forums weren't heavily moderated, and users got away with much, much more. Now, we're taking the bridge off their heads, and they really don't like the sun.

To put it short, they've come to expect to be able to continue their "way of life" here, and we won't allow it. This is something they'll either get used to or leave, either way, we won't have trolls here. I'm sure if people starting mass bannings on 4chan due to trolling many of them would be up in arms as well.

Interestingly enough, many users seem to be under the impression that just because they've been users here for a few years, they somehow have more authority than the moderation staff. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and I haven't yet seen a situation where the administrators disagreed with our actions.