Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blizzard + Facebook = True?

SOMEONE PLEASE WATER MY CROPS

Quote Originally Posted by shadey
    but..i dont have a facebook profile ???
    We here at Blizzard are happy to announce that you can now only log into wow with your facebook account.

That would be a very sad day....

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin
    SOMEONE PLEASE WATER MY CROPS
    NO, NO, NO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO FUCKING HELP YOUR SHITTY FUCKING FARM YOU PRICK, I DON'T LIKE TO PLAY THIS SHIT STOP SENDING ME THESE GAY NOTICES ASKING FOR HELP FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Sorry but everyday i get about 100 of those.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Please shit on my farm - the plants need more fertilizer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    If they make this required I am quitting. FaceBook is mainly for stupids, giggly teens (yes, both sexes), people who are addicted to sex/chatter/gossip and "What does deleting system 32 do" computer/internet ignoramuses.
    They will never make is required.. It's optional for those who want to use it. I hope..
    ALTF4.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Thats one of the many uses for Facebook, I personally think Fuckbook is better but I could be wrong.
    Nah Facebook is. At least with Facebook they call you back the next day most likely...oh wait what?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by skakruk
    Please shit on my farm - the plants need more fertilizer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    farmville..wow style.. grow your own tree of life, make sure to fertilize
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithsonian View Post
    YOU ACCIDENTALLY THE WHOLE CUP?

Everyone knows you should never any liquids, especially around computers. I keep a wetvac and absorbent towels handy in case I ever any liquids. If I ever coffee though, God help me, call 911 because I have more than computer issues.

TL;DR- Always the whole thing in a safe, dry place.

I would most likely elect to not partake in this integration. Like an above poster said facebook is for teenagers to spy and let everyone know what they are up to and its almost entirely stupid. I was an original facebook user when you had to have a college email address to get into their network.. it was a great way to stay in touch with friends as you moved forward in life... now its a platform like stupidass twitter to let everyone know every little pointless and mundane thing you do... plus I dont want to see what my guildmates or party mates look like.. their in game avatar is enough...

TLDR Facebook is gay for 90% of the stuff itsused for.. adding wow to it will most likely make this worse.. I thought a better option would be to find a way to IGM people from your phone.. invaluable for those who dont have internet availble to them if they are running late or to see if they are on for arena matches.

Quote Originally Posted by shadey
    but..i dont have a facebook profile ???
    I have one because everyone I know does and badgered me into it. I rarely ever use it though but it managed to get people to (mostly) stop pestering me about it. I avoid it mostly because of all that farmville-esque crap though and the pointless "updates" people use it for. I find it handy to read up on what my distant friends and family are doing but I can easily do the same with an email, with more information, and not open to anyone who can access my (or their) information.

Also, I'm not a teenager, and neither are my friends, but it's a fad that's spread to all age groups, which is scary. Some thing you share with your peers only, some things you don't mind who reads. It's a little difficult when you have to filter the comments to be accessible to your parents/grandparents or younger siblings, nieces and nephews.

NO, NO, NO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO FUCKING HELP YOUR SHITTY FUCKING FARM YOU PRICK, I DON'T LIKE TO PLAY THIS SHIT STOP SENDING ME THESE GAY NOTICES ASKING FOR HELP FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Its more annoying to see a hundred posts every day about how people hate other peoples farms and shit. If you dont life it, filter it and stop bitching.

On Topic: Why is this bad? Besides people hating Facebook, how exactly is this bad? If anyone here can give one logical reason why this is bad and not just "OMG FACEBOOK SUX I HATE YOUR FARMS", I will cut off my own penis and eat it.

Blizzard already integrated the armory into a Facebook app so you can update your page with your characters activities, it was only a matter of time untill they did this. Regardless of what the stigma attatched to Facebook is, it is still a Social Networking Site, and last I checked, online games tend to be very social. Seems like a perfect match to me.

What makes anyone think this will be required? If you reference the Battle.net integration, they stated from day one of that it would one day be manditory.

10+ Year Old Account

welp, I guess I'm going to lose 470 something "friends".
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

does that mean i have to use my authenticator to login into facebook?

Where does on FaceBook and "World of Warcraft" updates fit in "Social Networking"?

How can you update, which has no life?

Do people seriously think it's going to be required.

Lol.

Just lol.

Just. Lol.

I hope this isn't true. I mean why would blizzard do that? They could easily just make their own website if they wanted to and it's probably be a lot easier than combining with another website. I mean some people even let others on their facebook account to feed their fish or w/e crap they won't be able to do if they are gone so what's to stop someone from fucking up their wow stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Sofa
    Next - Battle.Net integrates the ability to change status updates on Facebook for users who have linked their Battle.Net accounts to Facebook!
    <insert FB name> has entered Icecrown Citadel

Nerdy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sonaza
    By the way, did you know Facebook requires over 30000 servers to work? That's over 9000!!
    ^i lol'd

No but seriously I don't see what the big deal is.

Soon there will be live updated /played to put on Facebook, so everyone you know, even your boss, will know how much of your life you've spent on Wow!

10+ Year Old Account

You can push the hide button beside those feeds, it gives you the option to block everything from either that user, or that application. Pick application, and you'll never see them again from anybody.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't have a facebook, nor will I ever have one, so I really could care less about this "integration."
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven