Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzard + Facebook = True?

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola
    I don't have a facebook, nor will I ever have one, so I really could care less about this "integration."
    join me in my irrational hate of facebook

Quote Originally Posted by rawrbearform
    On Topic: Why is this bad? Besides people hating Facebook, how exactly is this bad? If anyone here can give one logical reason why this is bad and not just "OMG FACEBOOK SUX I HATE YOUR FARMS", I will cut off my own penis and eat it.
    I hope you have some kind of sauce and side dishes to go with your penis.

Some people have already stated reasons for disliking it but to review: Facebook has become a fad, one that everyone seems to be involved in. If you're not on it, your friends and family will almost certainly pressure you into it. Once you are on it, you're bombarded with pointless crap like farmville and all the other "apps" that constantly spam you. Ignoring them is almost pointless as ignoring one just seems to spread more. I ignore more than I read on it.

People abuse it as a way to post crap no one wants to read or are references some people will get that others do not. In the times I read it looking for actual updates on friends and family, I have to wade through apps and their requests to datamine my information, all the previously mentioned pointless updates and figure out how to filter replies so some people read what I want them to see but not others, and then do it again to filter responses to the other groups of people who are expecting some kind of update.

It recently happened on another board I frequent a member "disappeared" for several days and all kinds of rampant speculation as to where they disappeared to revolved mainly around a lack of Facebook updates. People have become so tied into and obsessed with Facebook updates that the minute someone stops for any reason whatsoever, they freak out and imagine the worst. Turns out the said person was in a financial and personal bind and wanted no contact with anyone for a few days.

To sum it up: Facebook is a cancerous form of communication spreading it's ugliness across the lives of countless millions and being cut off from it is a relief to those who know better.

So you're my in-game friend but you won't be my friend on Facebook?

So... you're not my friend?

Anyone else predict more internet related rapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermut3
    Soon there will be live updated /played to put on Facebook, so everyone you know, even your boss, will know how much of your life you've spent on Wow!
    1. Don't link battle.net account with your facebook account
    2. ???????
    3. Profit

OR if somebody disses about you playing WoW go to their farm and burn it or some shit lol

I won't be integrating with Facebook. I like to keep my life, for lack of a better term, comparmentalized. This part of my life is for this, that part of my life for that. I try to keep my friends and family in different areas depending on their relationship to me. Some friends get more information than others. Family is a whole seperate place. I don't interact with my WOW friends with my real life friends from my friends on other message boards or from other interests. I keep my professional life seperate from my private life and I loathe the prospect of mixing all it into a blender and hoping for the best, which is what Facebook is, in addition to being a cancer on communication and society.

Some people don't do that, that's fine, but when you (in general) put pressure on the rest of us to join, it feels too Borg like. We're social animals, yes, but that doesn't mean integration into one collective being with no walls.

15+ Year Old Account

Clearly the end of WoW. As always...

i /facepalm every time the wife plays farmville instead of loggin onto wow

facebook and facebook games are stupid.. there's a virtual cafe game she plays.. thats a load of toss as well, i have 8.000.000 million friends... i win the internet ... pleeeeeeeese!

alt + f4 facebook and logon to wow least the gfx are better than the crappy flash games

facebook = a social engineer's wet dream

ps the south park ep ripping on FB had it down to a tee had a good laugh at how much people act like that

say no to facebook .. say no to myspace just say no!

15+ Year Old Account

People....

MMOs are going to rule our lives from now on, first step; take over your freetime <done>
    Second step: Friends online <Done>
    Thirds step: take over social networking <in progress>
    Fourth Step: <Unknown>

I will give my life for the nation. ~Naoto Kan. SNN

10+ Year Old Account

Considering that I have Facebook to keep in contact with family, as well as people I work with, and given that your activities on Facebook could deny you a job opportunity, I think I'll keep WoW and Facebook separate. There is just too much of a social stigma placed on playing MMOs still.

Quote Originally Posted by Veinlash
    The end of WOW is when you can't distinguish it from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dairystyle

Some people have already stated reasons for disliking it but to review: Facebook has become a fad, one that everyone seems to be involved in. If you're not on it, your friends and family will almost certainly pressure you into it. Once you are on it, you're bombarded with pointless crap like farmville and all the other "apps" that constantly spam you. Ignoring them is almost pointless as ignoring one just seems to spread more. I ignore more than I read on it.

People abuse it as a way to post crap no one wants to read or are references some people will get that others do not. In the times I read it looking for actual updates on friends and family, I have to wade through apps and their requests to datamine my information, all the previously mentioned pointless updates and figure out how to filter replies so some people read what I want them to see but not others, and then do it again to filter responses to the other groups of people who are expecting some kind of update.

It recently happened on another board I frequent a member "disappeared" for several days and all kinds of rampant speculation as to where they disappeared to revolved mainly around a lack of Facebook updates. People have become so tied into and obsessed with Facebook updates that the minute someone stops for any reason whatsoever, they freak out and imagine the worst. Turns out the said person was in a financial and personal bind and wanted no contact with anyone for a few days.

To sum it up: Facebook is a cancerous form of communication spreading it's ugliness across the lives of countless millions and being cut off from it is a relief to those who know better.
    I make my own sauce, and you still didnt say anything other than Facebook sucks.Im sorry, apparently you are only friends with 16 year old girls, and dont know how to navigate the site to filter unwanted posts from making your news feed (You can ignore ALL application updates from you feed btw).

10+ Year Old Account

to all those asking what the big deal is:

the problem is, we basically had 2 giant monopolys, we have blizzard; behind the most successful and popular mmo as well as several other very popular games, and we have facebook; the most popular and successful social networking site.

what happens when you put 2 big monopolys together? it becomes a bigger monopoly. smaller companies such as new mmo's or other gaming companys and now even other social networking sites are going to be literally impossible to start up. there will also lead to little competition and with no competetors to try and beat out, their main focus becomes money. and from there they can start charging more and shit cuz they arent worried about losing a few hundred people cuz they have no competitors!

basically, it becomes harder for a little voice (a fresh mmo) to be heard when we have Lars Ulrich (blizzard + facebook) banging away on the biggest and loudest drumset known to mankind.

i personally dont play any mmo's other than wow but that doesnt mean i dont want others to be successful. plus if an mmo starts to steal members from wow, then wow has to get creative and come up with something good to win people back. which is always a plus for those who stuck with the game.

tl;dr: 2 monopolies mergin = bad cuz it removes competition and eliminates small business

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Veinlash
    farmvile is WoW killer guysh

Great, first wow came out and everyone panic-ed then relaxed ...

Then myspace came and the same thing happened,

Then facebook and every1 got happier

Then battle.net

Now they're all going to merge!

Jesus save us all!

Actually, every day I get spammed with people playing games like Farmville, Treasure Hunter, some Zoo game, and MyTown. Stuff about leveling up, digging for treasure, finding bizarre creatures, and picking flowers.

Maybe I can recruit them all to Cataclysm, doesn't sound far off.

So I heard Youtube, Twitter and Facebook are merging as well. It's gonna be called Youtwitface. ;D

Deleted

Could care less about Facebook.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dairystyle

Nice Facebook rant, but it really didn't do anything to explain why the OPTION of interfacing it with a battle.net account is a bad thing. You don't have to use FB and if you do, you don't have to interface your account with it, so who care if someone else does? His questions was why is the option an inherently bad thing? Possibly from what you said you feel that you'll get pushed into it? Is that it? People won't be able to "just say no" to integrating their accounts?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shakul
    Fourth Step: <Unknown>
    Fourth Step: Matchmaking/online dating/marriage/divorce/couples counseling all done from within WoW/Facebook using Vent and possibly a webcam

http://www.wowhead.com/item=7337
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=38091