Leveling spec 1-40

Hello, i'm planing to make a shaman, and i've been wondering if its better to stick to ele or enhancement until 40(that is when i plan to go enha for sure), as it kind of seems trivial to autohit with a 2hander and spam shocks.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Leveling spec 1-40

Suggest going enh, ele isnt any good until later levels (say good at 60, great at 70 and uber at 75)

But enh is godlike at lvl 60, so id stay with enh, and if you feel like switching to ele wait till northrend, and pick up ele gear there.
    Don't Fwoosh me.

enhance is terrible until you get duel-wield (level 40 I believe), so i'd probably advice going ele

10+ Year Old Account

if your using heirloom gear then go enhance for sure, one of the hardest parts with enhance when leveling them is getting good weapons and the 2 heirloom hammers are amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra
    Hello, i'm planing to make a shaman, and i've been wondering if its better to stick to ele or enhancement until 40(that is when i plan to go enha for sure), as it kind of seems trivial to autohit with a 2hander and spam shocks.

Thanks in advance.
    I used this guide ; http://www.wow-pro.com/book/export/html/1909

10+ Year Old Account

1-40 Ele. Pew pew...aww it died.
    40+ Enh. WACK SMASH woot it died!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Deleted

Enh is great all the way, although at lower levels you'll spend quite some time casting. Ele is great but only shines past 75 when you get Lava Burst.

Quote Originally Posted by drazzil
    Good guide, but the weapon speed doesn't get nerfed with flametongue anymore. It does the same DPS regardless of speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

I have found Elemental to be more fun, and after I hit 40 I dual-specced to Elemental/Restoration. I tried Enhancement after I had enough for improved SS/LL at 47 but just wasn't enjoying it as much as Elemental. Also, Lightning Overload is a pretty awesome spell as well for Elemental which adds a lot of burst

1-30 elemental, 30+ Enhancement. Try some pvp at 39 with 2h with WINDFURY on it and you never want to continue