Druid/Shammy sharing gear in Cata? What about tier bonus?

Since resto/balance druids and resto/ele shammy will be sharing gear so to speak, will their still be 3 sets of tier gear, one for healing, one for dps, one for tank/dps.

Because if there is only 2 sets, then the stat bonus would have to change right?

Deleted

Re: Druid/Shammy sharing gear in Cata? What about tier bonus?

Read up on:

Mastery

Mastery will make it so leather gear isn't that attractive for shaman,
    RETH

um... im not talkin about druid and shammy sharing same gear.. im talking about druid resto/balance and shammy resto/elemental

Basically, yes. There'll be three tier sets per tier for each of these two classes.

They haven't talked specifically about tier sets yet but for normal gear resto/balance druids and resto/elemental shaman will share gear. It's quite possible that they will share tier sets too and the tier bonuses will have multiple effects or will be appealing to both specs.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    They haven't talked specifically about tier sets yet but for normal gear resto/balance druids and resto/elemental shaman will share gear. It's quite possible that they will share tier sets too and the tier bonuses will have multiple effects or will be appealing to both specs.
    Wont happen, or every other hybrid will QQ

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    Wont happen, or every other hybrid will QQ
    Having bonuses for both specs on one set would be nice though, it would help in any tough situation and make us more hybrid-y.

There will be seperate gear for each specc for every hybrid. (Feral tank and Feral dps I assume will remain tied together).

The spirit:hit convertion is only there so Blizzard don't have to make as much off set bits.

To say again with an example:

Resto Tier will have Intellect and Spirit (and/or Haste and Crit)
    Elemental Tier will have Hit and Intellect (and/or Haste and Crit)

From my understanding and based on my memory, ele will not share teir sets with resto, nor balance with resto.
    However they will share non-set pieces and off-set pieces (like bracers) though.
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.