Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Over fixing of Boomkins

Quote Originally Posted by Archeopteryx
    Advanced warning, Solar Beam's probably going to get nerfed hard. Especially that "increase its radius by 6y" part. I'm going to assume its base radius is somewhere in the 5 yard range, and 11 yards of "YOU SILENCED" with no DR just screams nerf me, especially with rated BGs looming around the corner and the tiny spaces some of them have in vital areas. Even worse if that winds up being a 16y radius.
    add a starsurge nerf to that. over 1k dmg-noncrit spell at lvl30 is insane. i have mage lvl 34 and literaly masturbating on 500dmg crits

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine
    am i the only one who didnt get new talents ? i mean, i read them twice but i cant decide if they are good/bad/op/uber/useless. and also wtf is lunar/solar energy ?
    Yes you are

New eclipse works that way. You get a new slider in your interface:

Moon |--------O--------|Sun

if you cast wrath or any othe nature spell you get lunar energy and the slider moves toward the moon.

Moon |---O-------------|Sun

This is increasing the damage you do with arcane spells.
    So after a few nature spells, it's better to change to arcane spells like Starfall, Starfire...
    If you do so, you get solar energy with every arcane spell. Solar energy increases the dmg you do with nature spells. So the slider moves back.

Moon |---------------O-|Sun

Guess what's next.... right, back to nature spells.
    So your job will it to find the BALANCE between sun and moon - nature/arcane spells. That's what the Balance Druid is all about in Cataclysm.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by seru
    add a starsurge nerf to that. over 1k dmg-noncrit spell at lvl30 is insane. i have mage lvl 34 and literaly masturbating on 500dmg crits
    That just screams anomalous to me, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a placeholder value, or what the 'max rank' should be doing.
    There he is the electro gypsy, he stands motionless while he drops a melody. Plays future music long into the night, 'til his fingers bleed... well, that's alright.

10+ Year Old Account

Over fixing? No offense, but these changes are what Moonkins needed two expansions ago!

We don't really know what that value represents exactly. For all we know, it could be the level 80 version (remember, no more ranks in cataclysm but the spells "level" with you), in which case it would be about the same damage as a Starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos
    Yes you are

New eclipse works that way. You get a new slider in your interface:

Moon |--------O--------|Sun

if you cast wrath or any othe nature spell you get lunar energy and the slider moves toward the moon.

Moon |---O-------------|Sun

This is increasing the damage you do with arcane spells.
    So after a few nature spells, it's better to change to arcane spells like Starfall, Starfire...
    If you do so, you get solar energy with every arcane spell. Solar energy increases the dmg you do with nature spells. So the slider moves back.

Moon |---------------O-|Sun

Guess what's next.... right, back to nature spells.
    So your job will it to find the BALANCE between sun and moon - nature/arcane spells. That's what the Balance Druid is all about in Cataclysm.
    thanks for explaining. i kinda felt like a retard but who cares

Now if they would only update the forms, and let them scale with gear...

Epic shoulders on leaner, tribal-er doomkin? Yes please.

Bonus points for kilt.

I got ONE thing to say..

NEED MORE SHROOMS!
    I registered on MMO-Champion and all I got was this lousy signature.

I'm a cynic. Deal with it!

lol.. you miss the point of the changes.

Sure boomkins are more exciting.. but if you look a little closer:

Solar Beam, Starsurge and Wild Mushrooms are ALL available to restoration druids...

mwuhahaha... it's not a Boomkin expansion, it's a Resto druid expansion

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...087i,6-X,11927

i'll just spam this link everywhere... I'm so happy ^^ its just a concept... depending on witch will be better - eclipse talent or treants and typhoon

15+ Year Old Account

Having my doubts that half of the talents will make it into the final but it's good to know that people for once are going to be afraid of fat owls.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted

I was indeed impressed by the quality of Balance improvements. They certainly make Balance druids very appealing and interesting.

Now, it remains to be seen:
    - How the talent trees of most other classes are going to change and/or improve
    - If Blizzard will offer as an option the possibility to play a Balance druid without necessarily looking like a dumb giant fat chicken : (better Worgen/Troll models, minor glyphs, whatever...)

boomkins got a huge pvp buff now so they will most deff be very viable... if only three trees could attack 3 different targets for the 35% slow >.> but i dont see very many of the new talents being that usefull for pve standards. 5% more moonfire damage when moving... the direct damage from moonfire does so little damage ATM anyway that even 15% isn't much.

some of the spells just sound cool/ fun to use though a knockdown effect is useless in PVE it might stop a target from hitting you for maby like 3/4 a second and a silence is always nice but in PVE silences are to drag casters in... if they can just move out of the silence its not too helpfull... overal though looking forward to play lazorkritkin in arenas next season.

If Blizzard will offer as an option the possibility to play a Balance druid without necessarily looking like a dumb giant fat chicken (better Worgen/Troll models, minor glyphs, whatever...)
    if you check the talents, you'll see that moonkin form doesn't do very much anymore, polymorph immunity and increased armor,

imp moonkin form only gives a 6% crit raid buff, if someone else is bringing this (another chicken or an ele) then there is absolutely no need to be in chicken form in a pve invironment

Quote Originally Posted by elbouli
    if you check the talents, you'll see that moonkin form doesn't do very much anymore, polymorph immunity and increased armor,

imp moonkin form only gives a 6% crit raid buff, if someone else is bringing this (another chicken or an ele) then there is absolutely no need to be in chicken form in a pve invironment
    Correct me if im wrong but i thought blizzard said they would be adding a selfish component to ALL raid wide buffs so that people would get them even if someone was bringing the buff, MM hunters not putting a point into true shot because of a blood DK for example. idk wait to see im gunna bet that the 6% crit is going to get a self buff possibly the FF == crit thing or something

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious
    Only thing that surprised me a bit was the disorient on sunbeam.. that's gonna be epic for a CC chain. cyclone cyclone cyclone beam root. Silly casters.
    I agree. A new CC the Druid needed not!

Quote Originally Posted by elbouli

You loose 10% intellect from Furor, and 4% spell damage from Natural Shapeshifter...

Deleted

How do you decide that moonkins will be OP, when you don't know the numbers or mechanics for half our spells? We have seen a preview of what might come, but so many classes are missing things, and could get an equal amount of OP abilities. And when everybody is OP, nobody is OP. Except Death Knights, ofcourse..

Alpha disclaimer:

CHILL! It's just gone out. Anything and everything might be part of a grand plan.