10+ Year Old Account

Solace of the Defeated or Purified Lunar Dust?

Hi, I'm a resto shaman, and I was wondering if it was worth it spending the emblems on Purified Lunar Dust?

At first glance it looks better then Solace of the Defeated, but I don't know the proc rate on it. SoD is always up.

Purified Lunar Dust

Solace of the Defeated

Any insights?

Re: Solace of the Defeated or Purified Lunar Dust?

Personally I would stick with the Solace.The Purified Lunar Dust returns 912 mana every 45 seconds, roughly 101 mp5, with a 45 sec icd. The trade off is 11sp for 79mp5.

Keep the Solace for sure, I'd be more thinking along the lines of getting the dust as the second trinket or not.

10+ Year Old Account

My second trinket is Talisman of Resurgence.

I'm not sure if I want to get rid of that amount of intelect.

I had 2 int trinkets before too and I don't really miss the drop in mana; just buy PLD and give it a spin in a heroic or part of a raid and see how you like it.

If you are a resto shaman, I would get rid of the talisman asap, and use PLD instead.

Int isnt very good for resto shamans, unless you are a dedicated tank healer spamming LHW

Talisman sucks.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Yeah, drop talisman. Drop it hard. Wear both mp5 trinkets, SP is great for the 4set, and the mp5 will more then make up for the mana regen lost from mana tide / replenish.

Deleted

well, we all know that gearscore > everything, so PLD is the best.

.....kidding

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin
    If you are a resto shaman, I would get rid of the talisman asap, and use PLD instead.
    Dumkin has the right idea here. Right now, your best options (in terms of itemization) would be Solace + PLD. Talisman is an okay fallback but it's contribution isn't as great as your two other options; it has a max potential return of 68.75 mp5 (provided 100% replenishment uptime) and *if* you use it on CD, a max contribution of ~123 constant SP (~100 from proc + ~23 from Int conversion to SP).

(And just in case you're evaluating other options, additional trinket comparisons in terms of HEP and mp5 can be found here: http://lifeingroup5.com/?page_id=771#Gear)