Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New "BG"

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez
    please no more vehicle fights :'(
    THIS!

Strand and Isle are beyond fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax
    just for that, where going to have to play a childrens card game on motorcycles!
    I can honestly say that I actually /facepalmed on reading this. Stupidest show idea ever, wtf was going through those developers minds. "We need to spice up our show about a card game and we've done everything, what next?! ...MOTORCYCLES!" -_-.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoflash
    I can honestly say that I actually /facepalmed on reading this. Stupidest show idea ever, wtf was going through those developers minds. "We need to spice up our show about a card game and we've done everything, what next?! ...MOTORCYCLES!" -_-.
    yet you still know what he's talking about...so i guess they succeeded.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    yet you still know what he's talking about...so i guess they succeeded.
    I know what he's talking about because I used to watch the first two seasons...at least I think they were the first two. Then for the next two years I didn't have a tv as was trying to conserve money. So past year I get cable I'm scrolling through cartoon network, I see Yugioh and thought, ooh piece of my childhood here lets see how its turned out. I watched the whole episode, but it was the last one I saw. They stole away my childhood!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoflash
    I know what he's talking about because I used to watch the first two seasons...at least I think they were the first two. Then for the next two years I didn't have a tv as was trying to conserve money. So past year I get cable I'm scrolling through cartoon network, I see Yugioh and thought, ooh piece of my childhood here lets see how its turned out. I watched the whole episode, but it was the last one I saw. They stole away my childhood!
    Destroying everyone's fond memories, one bad remake at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowulf
    Destroying everyone's fond memories, one bad remake at a time.
    It was bound to happen. Anyways I like the idea that some people had that the "Azshara crater" file that has been drifting around forever but never implemented might be making a come back. Though they said it would essentially be a remake of AV which means Blizzard is doing two remakes.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser
    Btw, my money is on Twin Peaks being one of the "classic battleground remakes" they were talking about doing. I think it is a new battleground map for Warsong Gulch.
    if you know what "Twin Forts" is you know what Twin Peaks is because that's what it is.

ofc in classic Blizzard style the can't leave a good thing alone so they have put a kink in the map and surrounded one base with water which, unless its only a foot deep and you can run through it, means the whole map is imbalanced but what they hay eh ?

they obviously think they know better than every fps map designer since the birth of Quake /facepalm
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    if you know what "Twin Forts" is you know what Twin Peaks is because that's what it is.

ofc in classic Blizzard style the can't leave a good thing alone so they have put a kink in the map and surrounded one base with water which, unless its only a foot deep and you can run through it, means the whole map is imbalanced but what they hay eh ?

they obviously think they know better than every fps map designer since the birth of Quake /facepalm
    one entrance is in jumping range from the shore and the opposing entrance is up a winding ramp. i'm sure they've done testing to see the time needed to reach both entrances, and they average out to be the same.

let's not start the whole alliance vs. horde starting point in AV mumbo jumbo again.
    BfA Beta Time

Hopefully no more 40 man BG's. I really dislike AV and Isle. I think adding terrain movement would be awesome in BG's. Like a capture the flag in a giant maze with shifting walls. Or like a king of the hill with a hill that changes locations every minute or so. (okay I stole that one from halo 3).

What would really really make my day is if blizzard decided to make a bg the consited on a huge desert. This desert would have ruins around the map, your vehicle "weapons" would be dune-buggies, 4 buggies per side max at any time,equpped with same kind of gun on the siege of ulduar to get down pyrite,(the dune buggie would go about 200% speed ground mount), having air plane fights within the skies, this can consist of bombs and minigun, only 5 planes max on each side at a time( if your air-plane is shot down you lose half of your hp and parachute down to the desert, and have spider bots(ulduar model), be driven and protected by two ppl(3 spider bots max per-side at any time), equipped with lasers to beam buggies and planes, This would be a 20 vs. 20 bg team-deathmatch, to win the winning team has to have 150-250 honorable kills(depending on how much time that would take), and I KNOW for a fact ppl would play it. there would be 1-2 ppl that will not be able to do anything(that i can think of), but hey let blizz figure that out, this is all IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Lecheris
    What would really really make my day is if blizzard decided to make a bg the consited on a huge desert. This desert would have ruins around the map, your vehicle "weapons" would be dune-buggies, 4 buggies per side max at any time,equpped with same kind of gun on the siege of ulduar to get down pyrite,(the dune buggie would go about 200% speed ground mount), having air plane fights within the skies, this can consist of bombs and minigun, only 5 planes max on each side at a time( if your air-plane is shot down you lose half of your hp and parachute down to the desert, and have spider bots(ulduar model), be driven and protected by two ppl(3 spider bots max per-side at any time), equipped with lasers to beam buggies and planes, This would be a 20 vs. 20 bg team-deathmatch, to win the winning team has to have 150-250 honorable kills(depending on how much time that would take), and I KNOW for a fact ppl would play it. there would be 1-2 ppl that will not be able to do anything(that i can think of), but hey let blizz figure that out, this is all IMO!
    ^
    Looks funny, altho it gives me a bit of a Mario Kart Dubbel Dash feeling. (nothing wrong with that imo )

10+ Year Old Account

You do realize that the Alliance base is up on a hill with ~20-30 yard cliffs, right? There's just that single ramp leading up, and then the one off to the side.

Both bases seem to have their own kinks. Alliance's is up on a cliff, Horde's has a mote. The Horde one is going to be abused by Alliance Druids and their aquatic form and the side entrance.

There are two BIG worries I have for Cataclysm. Vehicles and flying mounts in Tol'Barad. If those two doesn't exist, Cata will be successful!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereAmI
    You do realize that the Alliance base is up on a hill with ~20-30 yard cliffs, right? There's just that single ramp leading up, and then the one off to the side.

Both bases seem to have their own kinks. Alliance's is up on a cliff, Horde's has a mote. The Horde one is going to be abused by Alliance Druids and their aquatic form and the side entrance.
    Exactly, each side has unique kinks.
    The Alliance base has only 2 paths from which to enter/leave, while the Horde base has water around it, in which you can always jump.
    The Alliance base main path is surrounded by high cliffs, which can be abused by mages/Parachutes and especially Disengage-Parachuters to get far away, while The Horde main path is flat, meaning it's much faster to get it and out.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinboy View Post
    Any news of the new BG or is it not in? No maps, no "job" AI Capture the flag, capture the tower bla bla bla
    The wish is granted!! Check the front page it has a pvp section, it tells all 3 new BG's
    Three new battlegrounds -
    The Battle of Gilneas/Twin Peaks/STV Diamond Mine
    Not much info. out on these yet, sadly.

i agree vehicle fights are terribad especially strand of ancients cuz alliance always lose it every single time.