Thread: New cloth...

Deleted

New cloth...

Mooncloth, Spellcloth, Shadowcloth, Embersilk and dreamweave aye? Im liking the names...

And looks like First aid is getting buffed aswell(Warrior healers inc!)

(Just wanted to liven up a dead forum!)

Re: New cloth...

I'm liking the "weekly" cooldown instead of three days. Hopefully, it just resets like raids do, rather than actually having a week long cooldown from the point you use it. It really lets you have more freedom to do those cooldowns.

It's interesting that the different cooldowns (Dream of Rag, etc) all just make Dreamweave. Are they shared cooldowns as well, or could you potentially make 5 a week after you get all the recipes? I hope they do something similar to the other specialty cloths, as well.

6 new cloths seem similar to the 6 elements... since we are offered a way also be able to modify our armor by shifting a stat... this may be the way... These "cloths" may actually be like leg armor... in that they are applied to gear as stat shifters...

Also having 6 cloths might make for more "intricate" tailoring. (And tedious if you ask me) If they are tied to the former... then they will be shared CD's (and CD's are based on last use not a global weekly reset)

If the cloths are more designed for the latter... then we SHOULD be able to make one of each every 7 days. Still this is gonna be a rough road to getting craftable epics going.... Thank gawd I have a couple tailors.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage
    I'm liking the "weekly" cooldown instead of three days. Hopefully, it just resets like raids do, rather than actually having a week long cooldown from the point you use it. It really lets you have more freedom to do those cooldowns.

It's interesting that the different cooldowns (Dream of Rag, etc) all just make Dreamweave. Are they shared cooldowns as well, or could you potentially make 5 a week after you get all the recipes? I hope they do something similar to the other specialty cloths, as well.

My educate guess:

Dreamcloth is the epic cloth, you will likely have the 1st recipe to create dreamcloth soon from your first faction, then you have to get exalted with a 2nd, 3rd etc and a Tailor that is exalted with all factions will be able to make the Dreamcloth 6 times faster then a newly leveled tailor.

I'd like this format to work with alchemy transmutes aswell, making the recipes very hard to get but allowing each one their own cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    Mooncloth, Spellcloth, Shadowcloth, Embersilk and dreamweave
    Nozdormu,Malygos,Deathwing,Alexstrsza,Ysera

Embersilk: Basic Cloth

Dreamcloth: Epic Cloth

Spellcloth,Shadowcloth,Mooncloth (just icons, possibly new icons for old things)

It appears to be producing just a single cloth, though I can hope that with the cooldowns being effectively 1 cloth a day on average, that the mining ebonsteel smelting proves to be approx a day cooldown also to even things out.
    Though I am really hoping to see a similar cooldown for leatherworking, though quite how that would be implemented I do not know.
    Prior to the recent cooldown removals from wotlk crafting then leatherworking was at a huge advantage in being the only one of the armor crafting professions not constrained to cooldowns.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

So far you can in fact create 1 of each kind of cloth.. but each kind is on a 1 week cooldown.

Ther eis also a new unravel spell.. that allows tailors to "disenchant" cloth... and gain elements from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the new spell to tear the cloth apart into elements could come in handy for getting all those volatile elements necessary for making Dreamweave. It still won't be easy to collect a decent amount of the cloth for making the first tier of high-end crafted gear.

We knew that the highest level bandages were going to heal for over 30k health, but until seeing how much stamina is actually on gear, I had no idea there was going to be quite as much as there is. They really weren't kidding when they said they were going to increase health for everyone.
    For the Alliance!