Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My views on the alpha restoration talent changes

Discuss

- Revitalize is now a druid only buff (3% mana back when Regrowth or Lifebloom ticks critically hit) (Kind of upsetting since it was a unique buff and helped in a lot of cases)

- Fury of Stormrage seems to be solely PvP but really has no business being that far in the resto tree (Nourish has a chance to make wrath instant cast and cost no mana and moonfire on targets below 25% have a chance to make the next starfire instant cast)

- Improved TOL increases damage done (WTF O.o) by while in TOL form by 15% (Looks like we'll be losing our Healing Power bonus, our 6% healing done buff, and mana cost reduction on HoTs)

- GOTEM no longer increases haste, it now adds the T8 4pc bonus to our talent tree, increases bloom of lifebloom, and increases tranq healing to targets below 25% (WTF man, we have enough trouble keeping our 1 sec GCD, now we have no get MORE haste? >.>)

- A couple of talents involving health pools below 25% (GOTEM, Nature's Bounty) (Either these are PvP oriented or I'm scared of the design of the PvE encounters)

- Empowered Touch = Nourish refreshes Lifebloom (tank healers anyone?)

- Healing consecration caused by Regrowth crits (15 yard effect spread out from the target of regrowth that heals 30% of the total heal over 7 seconds to anyone who stands in said consecration) (Good for melee I guess since, atleast for me, I only ever use Regrowth on tanks, this may change though.)

- Master shapeshifter now seemingly useless to trees given it'll give 4% healing to a form that lasts 45 seconds and has a 5 minute CD (3 min 30 sec CD if talented) This may be changed though

- Forced into 5/5 Naturalist to pick up Natures Swiftness

- Removal of Intensity (lameeeee)

- From the looks of these talents, we may get pigeon holed into using casted spells. Most of these talents involve Nourish, Regrowth and Healing Touch (Generic Flash Heal, Heal, and Greater Heal?)

What do you guys think. I'm not too excited TBH

Re: My views on the beta talent changes

Quote Originally Posted by Onahail
    - Revitalize is now a druid only buff (3% mana back when Regrowth or Lifebloom ticks critically hit) (Kind of upsetting since it was a unique buff and helped in a lot of cases)
    Blizzard wants people (1) to actually be capable of running oom and wants resto druids (2) to stop blanketing raids with rejuv / wild growth. They also didn't want resto druids (3) to completely ignore critical strike rating. This talent needed to be changed. It's a pretty good talent if you look at what Blizzard's goals were.

- Fury of Stormrage seems to be solely PvP but really has no business being that far in the resto tree (Nourish has a chance to make wrath instant cast and cost no mana and moonfire on targets below 25% have a chance to make the next starfire instant cast)
    That's a pretty wierd talent to be honest. It's obviously a PvP talent, but I'm pretty sure moonkins would have liked the 'execute' part of the talent. I'm sure this talent will change significantly in the next couple of months.

- Improved TOL increases damage done (WTF O.o) by while in TOL form by 15% (Looks like we'll be losing our Healing Power bonus, our 6% healing done buff, and mana cost reduction on HoTs)
    Tree of Life is supposed to be a new cooldown in Cataclysm. It states at the bottom of the tooltip that certain spells will have different effects while under ToL (say, regrowth might leave a dot twice as long or rejuv might tick faster). Yes, the increased damage granted by imp. tree of light is puzzling, but as long as it doesn't make the talent into a bad one for healing, it's just versatility right?

- GOTEM no longer increases haste, it now adds the T8 4pc bonus to our talent tree, increases bloom of lifebloom, and increases tranq healing to targets below 25% (WTF man, we have enough trouble keeping our 1 sec GCD, now we have no get MORE haste? >.>)
    You are not supposed to get a stat 'capped'. This has been said over and over by blizzard employees. GotEM, Celestial Focus and other talents that make it too easy to cap a stat have all been modified. Besides, I think they made the talent pretty attractive. 15% healing in front of rejuv? hell yeah! Also, Tranquility is gonna be raid-wide (like Divine Hymn), so any buffs it can get will be welcome.

- A couple of talents involving health pools below 25% (GOTEM, Nature's Bounty) (Either these are PvP oriented or I'm scared of the design of the PvE encounters)
    Healing has changed in Cataclysm. Your raid will *never* be full. You will let people drop on purpose, both to save mana by using more efficient spells and because the fear of instagibs won't be present anymore.

- Healing consecration caused by Regrowth crits (15 yard effect spread out from the target of regrowth that heals 30% of the total heal over 7 seconds to anyone who stands in said consecration) (Good for melee I guess since, atleast for me, I only ever use Regrowth on tanks, this may change though.)
    Not gonna lie, I like these alot! Keep in mind that you won't be spamming Rejuv x4 / WG x1 mindlessly like you are now. Regrowth is a pretty good spell. It'll probably be your go-to spell to heal melees with this talent!

- Master shapeshifter now seemingly useless to trees given it'll give 4% healing to a form that lasts 45 seconds and has a 5 minute CD (3 min 30 sec CD if talented) This may be changed though
    Probably just an oversight I think. They obviously left it for Feral and Balance, but they'll probably add a passive effects either to unshapeshifted healing or change the bonus given by being in ToL.

This is a pretty good thing TBH. This means you won't be stuck with 2-3 healing spells only. It's part of Blizzard's master plan to force us to use different spells in different situations.

The mastery talent 'Meditation' is exactly what intensity was. You didn't lose anything.

- From the looks of these talents, we may get pigeon holed into using casted spells. Most of these talents involve Nourish, Regrowth and Healing Touch (Generic Flash Heal, Heal, and Greater Heal?)
    I'm 110% positive that we will be using all our spells.
    - Lifebloom (to heal tanks),
    - Rejuv and Wild Growth (for efficient raid healing),
    - Regrowth (to raid heal less efficiently)
    - Healing Touch (to tank heal)
    - Nourish (to tank heal or emergency heal)
    - Swiftmend and NS (duh!)
    - Tranquility (It's now raid-wide!)

Discuss

1) i never specced into revitalize before teh haste buff in balance was more usefull to me... deff going to have it in cataclsym

2)If fury of stormrage was any lower every boomkin would have it for 25% exicutes(bad thing idk but a balancing nightmare), also its good for pvp, and might be helpfull for fights like bloodqueen where u need(ed)(before teh 5% buff) to have healers help dps at the very end to get her down before enrage

3)ToL form damage is probably a glitch with the current alpha build as u can see 90% of druid tallents are NYI meaning they arn't implemented this is just a draft anything that is in place is not final. though putting negative hots in pvp would be lolzors use of 15% damage buff

4)we had too much haste, didn't need enough of it from gear, thats why 3.3 nerfed GOTEM... i like the new GOTEM the instant rejuve t8 was amazing!

5)blizzard has said that they want regrowth to be used in raid healing situations when people are low because of how long its HoT is... imo just encouraging us to do this more especially on fights where ranged can stack... (think general vezax... i cant spell) or lichking 25 right before valks

6) totally agree hope they change it!

7)Blizzard has said that when we are tank healing HT will be our primary "big heal" and nourish will be a faster heal that does less... I probably would have goten those 5 points anyway judging by the uselessness of the other talents that low on the teir.

8)stacking spirit is going to be OP again... i still have my darkmoon card blue dragon for when cata hits if our out of combat mp5 is insane again from stackign spirit... i sorta agree its lame though... but u cant complain long about being OP

9)I hate having a 3 button healing rotation (lb on tanks rejuve on everyoen else and WG) i think i would enjoy healing even more if we had to u know... cast more spells.

Just to point out the obvious, it's Alpha and not Beta.

As for the Balance changes, A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

Can't wait to actually get some proper PvP done with my moonkin.

Just speculation, but currently the ToL tooltip states that you can only use certain spells, while I didn't notice it on the new version. My guess is that since it's a short duration, cooldown-based ability, they've taken away the spell restriction thus allowing you to cast damaging spells while in form. If so then I can see it being a very nice PvP talent.

Pigeon holed? No, sir. Right now we're pigeon holed into using Rejuv and WG 100% of the time. These changes are setting us /free/.

Given how Blues stated that mana management will be a lot tougher, I'll be picking this talent up for my own use. Too bad for others, but meh.

I'll pick it up just for the reduced CD on Tree.

Put all 5 points in it and you get the bonus to spells, PLUS 10% spell haste.

I'm actually REALLY excited about this spell. Considering your Regrowth crit rate should be relatively high, this could provide a lot of "no-think" healing. Fire away and get some free AoE heals.

I'm assuming they're going to bump up our "normal" out-of-Tree healing to compensate, that way when we go Tree (or hopefully Ancient of War) we'll be super healers.

Blues have said they want us using more of our healing arsenal than just Rejuv + WG, so this isn't too much of a bum deal.

I'm happy with things so far.

10+ Year Old Account

Discuss

We will need the mana while they are trying to have us stop spamming rejuv which would make revit bad anyway.

Do you not think resto druids PvP? The main point of changing Tree was us being stuck in one form. We couldn't help dps in arena like every other healer. Now, we can and they are helping it.

Yes, and it openly says all our heals will be upped while in Tree. Imp reduces the CD for us and helps pvp druids have a useful CD.

If you have read the blue posts when new tol was 1st released GC said we WILL not under any circumstance be able to spam rejuvs all fight. We will go oom and they won't be enough. We probably wont be haste capped. We will now be using Regrowth and and LB as our main spells along with HT and nourish. Starving our crit for haste wont happen anymore.

Probably going to help us heal spike, tanks, and in PvP.

Not only that, but balancing around 10 mans. They are trying to make each class be good at everything so you won't have to sit someone because you need all the buffs or you can't heal that boss with a shaman and druid. Each class will be able to now raid heal, and tank heal.

It's obviously going to change. Stop looking at the talents based on how we heal now. It will be like the difference between Pre-BC and BC, BC and Wrath. When expacs come out everything changes. We WILL be using regrowth a ton which is obviously why we have so many talents buffing it.

Will probably change. I'm not sure unless I had a lot of extra points I would put that in based off a CD unless Cata fights are very long and Tree makes a huge difference.

Little dumb imo unless we are using HT a lot which we may. I've seen them talk about it a lot but still don't seem to think it will be an overly used spell.

They want us to have mana problems so I see why they did it.

This is making us better healers as a whole. On 90% of the fights, even in ICC hardmodes, we are spamming 2 spells on the raid. Sure, we can branch off into others certain situations but we get the most out put from those 2. Now, when we are moving we will have those strong spells, and when we are standing still we will have stronger spells. I can't wait. It will be more strat based healing instead of mindless whack-a-mole. Skill will own class and it will make hardcore guilds actually easier to progress.

Yeah, the naturalist being a pre-req for NS change probably means they're bringing HT back as an effective heal. I like it.

And, about being haste capped: They said in cata, we're not going to be anything capped.

A couple things I noticed about the feral talent builds for the current alpha.

Improved motw is gone.
    You'll have to put more points into resto tree to get Naturalist and OoC
    Improved Bash 2/2 now only reduces cd of bash by 10 seconds instead of 30.
    King of Jungle no longer further decrease mana shifting cost.

a couple of those potential changes can be annoying... especially the mana cost one

quote from a blue post a few days ago. it address quite a few of your comments.
    Capped stats
    It's better now, but GotEM and Celestial Focus (and talents of that ilk in all specs) still provide too much haste such that its realistic to get capped. Any class with so much vested in instant spells risks not valuing haste as much as other casters. That's okay to a point, but a big focus of Cataclysm is not to have these situations where players dismiss as junk gear that is targeted for them because one of "their" stats (meaning things like crit and haste for a healer, not hit or Agi) become excessively devalued relative to another stat. (Source)

Mandatory Glyphs/Talents
    We're stuck in this trap sometimes where players want glyphs and talents to be meaningful but optional. That's a pretty narrow design space.

If we make a talent that affects Shield Wall, then it feels mandatory. If we make no talent that affects Shield Wall, then it feels like the talents aren't affecting things you actually care about and can become this potentially marginalized aspect of the game.

The argument seems to be that if you didn't have to get Improved Disciplines, that you could get some other potentially juicy talent. True. The same would be true if you didn't have to get Shockwave or if paladins didn't have to get Ardent Defender. You need Improved Disciplines, but they need Vindication. My point is that classes are balanced as part of their entire package. You aren't balanced at the core level with talents and glyphs thrown on as gravy on top of that.

Now we are making an attempt with Cataclysm to give players more options in how they talent. But still if you imagine a talent tree in which every single talent is optional, it's also hard to imagine how every single talent is interesting or powerful enough. (Source)

Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Lack of new healing spells
    Paladins are getting several new healing spells. Druids aren't, so I figured it was worth a little bit of explanation for why we made that decision. The short answer is that we're trying to find homes for all those druid spells that don't get much use. A devious alternative I suppose would be to cut Healing Touch and Regrowth and then make new druid spells to fill in the holes with different names. The druids that are going to be the most sad about the healing changes will be those who like just using the same couple of spells (Rejuv + WG in today's environment) over and over. I can't offer to much to placate them, except that unless you're up against the game's most challenging content, you have a lot more flexibility in how you choose to play your character.

Lifebloom is a good tank healing spell. Sorry if you find that delusional. (If you disagree with that, I assume it's because you put the paladin on the tank and the druid on the raid. That's a fine strategy, but we want to create more room for both classes to branch out.) Healing Touch is not, but that's for several reasons that we now have a chance to address: 1) Certain talents / glyphs / set bonus shore up spells like Rejuv a lot. 2) Healing Touch currently would overheal a lot. 3) Players would currently die while winding up a heal with such a long cast time. (Source)

Healing mechanics

We're not getting rid of the notion of druids using lots of hots when healing. We think that's an important part of the spec. There are some players who want to cast almost nothing but hots though, or some players who don't see anything wrong with the strategy of trying to keep Rejuv up on as many targets as possible whether or not they are taking damage. We want druids to make more *decisions* about which spells to cast and which target to heal. Some of you claim you do that today, and that's great. We want to reward you more for being good at that.

There are several heals that are just doing too much work individually in the current game, which makes other spells seem relatively pointless by comparison. Rejuv and Wild Growth are two of them, but so are Circle of Healing, Power Word: Shield, Holy Light, Flash of Light and others. It's not that the numbers are just borked on those spells (though they probably are in some cases). It's just that the current environment really rewards over-reliance on certain spells. We think the Cataclysm healing game will be more dynamic. There will be fights that emphasize efficiency and fights that emphasize triage and I'm sure there will still be fights that emphasize quick timing and spamming -- just hopefully not as many. (Source)

The talent tree looks awkward as hell.

They keep saying they want us to be able of running OOM, so our healing is going to be priority based and we have to conserve mana...

Why the fuck are they littering the tree with dps talents, then?

They said they don't want us to feel confined to tree form, so that we can dps.

What. The. fuck. We're going to be struggling with mana from raw healing, yet they want us to freely dps.

Awesome, just fan--freaking-tastic.

I think they are confused about resto druids.

Because a lot of people pvp as resto. Personally, I'm really looking forward to this.

- Master shapeshifter now seemingly useless to trees given it'll give 4% healing to a form that lasts 45 seconds and has a 5 minute CD
    My guess is that tree form will have its duration reduced to say 15 or 20 seconds and this talent will improve that to 30 or 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmourne
    They keep saying they want us to be able of running OOM, so our healing is going to be priority based and we have to conserve mana...

They said they don't want us to feel confined to tree form, so that we can dps.

What. The. fuck. We're going to be struggling with mana from raw healing, yet they want us to freely dps.
    Someone else mentioned this, but dps talents are for resto pvp. Blizzard wants optional talent's in the talent tree, if you're progressing through a raid than these talents are optional. If you're doing old content, they could be fun.

They don't like having to be in a shapeshift to heal and switching out to dps, so now you get a, what appears to be amazing, healing cooldown for hard to heal phases. Resto pvp can do damage and not have to worry about forms, it's a win-win.

They don't want you to dps if you're going to run oom, they are allowing you to dps if you aren't going to go oom.

1) Certain talents / glyphs / set bonus shore up spells like Rejuv a lot.
    Yeah, and that's why the only difference for the "passive HoT Healing increase" was a bonus to swiftmend (i.e. HoT healing), and a ToL with a passive HoT bonus?

Come on, that tree looks like "let's throw everything together we have, we don't know what to do anyway"

So many blizz fanbois in this thread its making my eyes bleed.

To the OP dont be so negative. There are some really good changes in the talent trees and then there are some not so good changes.

Revitalize is now a druid only buff (3% mana back when Regrowth or Lifebloom ticks critically hit) (Kind of upsetting since it was a unique buff and helped in a lot of cases)
    I don’t think the original Revitalize would have been much use in cata and a lot of druids didn’t spec it today to begin with because they needed CF. Overall I think this is a nice change.

When I read this talent I laughed, there are far too many pvp talents now and this one is the biggest joke of them all.

Again when I saw this I laughed and again yet another pvp talent that pve’ers will be forced into.

You are wrong here. You still get 10% haste when u put 5 points into it. This is my favorite new talent. I think this talent proves we will still be able to use rejuv quite often. Very good change by blizzard.

Well you may have a point here but as long as encounters don’t one shot people when they are at 25% it’s a good thing. But could end up being a useless thing as well. We just have to see how the raids and stuff works out.

This is a dumb change and continues to show blizz has no idea how to make lifebloom work. The only reason u use lifebloom is for the bloom at the end. With this change we may never see a bloom. On the other side it could work out nice depending on how fights work. But until I see it work im going to assume it wont. You have to show me proof it works I don’t run on blind faith.

I love this talent as well. I already use regrowth more than the average druid and this gives me a reson to use it more. Again a very nice change.

You make a good point here I missed that the first time a read it so im sure we will see a change to the talent.
    Don’t use NS now wont use it in cata. However we may want those 5 points if they make HT a viable heal again.

I think the worst change here is the ToL change. 15% extra healing is not going to be much use outside of pvp especially if we lose our 6% healing which it looks like me might. So until someone tests this in alpha and tells me exactly what it does to our other heals this is the worst change by blizz and frankly overshadows all the good changes.

Discuss

Dunno what you were expecting but i'm pretty excited. ToL form makes existing resto spells interesting.

Also the expansion gives resto druids 3 new balance spells. Wild Mushrroom, Solar Beam and Starsurge are all available for resto spec for pvp -so resto druids aren't missing out on anything. Plus Effloresence and Fury of Stormrage are very exciting too for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom568
    So many blizz fanbois in this thread its making my eyes bleed.

To the OP dont be so negative. There are some really good changes in the talent trees and then there are some not so good changes, however this is still the alpha so don't get so worked up.
    You almost had it, so I fixed it for you

When I read this talent I laughed, there are far too many pvp talents now and this one is the biggest joke of them all.
    A very good pvp spell is a joke.. how exactly?

Again when I saw this I laughed and again yet another pvp talent that pve’ers will be forced into.
    Alpha change is alpha, they said we were keeping most of the buffs from tree form. There is no way they would let prot paladin's the only class with 6% increased healing, especially with more spells being added to another class than we thought (ie: Ret Paladin's getting Windfury)

This is a dumb change and continues to show blizz has no idea how to make lifebloom work. The only reason u use lifebloom is for the bloom at the end. With this change we may never see a bloom. On the other side it could work out nice depending on how fights work. But until I see it work im going to assume it wont. You have to show me proof it works I don’t run on blind faith.
    I think the theory is that you could refresh it with nourish, and if the tank starts dropping you could start a Healing Touch and you'll have a huge heal + a big LB tick. I think you're jumping the gun to much..

You make a good point here I missed that the first time a read it so im sure we will see a change to the talent.
    Don’t use NS now wont use it in cata. However we may want those 5 points if they make HT a viable heal again.
    You jump the gun by saying you won't use it in Cata, then say if Blizz designs it right you'll need to use it.

I think the worst change here is the ToL change. 15% extra healing is not going to be much use outside of pvp especially if we lose our 6% healing which it looks like me might. So until someone tests this in alpha and tells me exactly what it does to our other heals this is the worst change by blizz and frankly overshadows all the good changes.
    We already went over how these aren't finalized and Blizz stated we were getting the 6% healing, but how is 15% more healing bad? *Boss Beserk's* Oh, look I can do 15% more healing so the tank doesn't die!

alpha/beta/previews make people too stressed....

Rename this thread to Re: My views on the beta RESTO talent changes

Re: My views on the alpha restoration talent changes

only wish i could keep my ToL form instead of having it as a cd spell :'(

why are chickens keeping theirs btw? >