Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Couple changes in the alpha feral talents

A couple things I noticed about the feral talent builds for the current alpha.

Improved motw is gone.
    You'll have to put more points into resto tree to get Naturalist and OoC
    brutal impact 2/2 now only reduces cd of bash by 10 seconds instead of 30.
    King of Jungle no longer further decrease mana shifting cost.

Re: Couple changes in the alpha feral talents

Remember that you get 5 extra talent points, and you'll be able to reduce spell damage taken by 10%. Really great, IMO, for tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Remember that you get 5 extra talent points, and you'll be able to reduce spell damage taken by 10%. Really great, IMO, for tanks.
    yes, the extra 10% spell reduction is very nice for pvp as well. It's good to know druids could have a potential defense against spells.

I hope that the king of the jungle change is just a bug, I've gotten used to having the mana reduction to our shapeshifting attached to the talent.

I don't understand the brutal impact change. I am hoping that's a bug as well. I don't see how having a 30 second cd bash is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Windspast
    I don't understand the brutal impact change. I am hoping that's a bug as well. I don't see how having a 30 second cd bash is OP.
    it could be op if you combine our new kick with bash for pvp, thats probably 8 sec of lockdown + cyclone

they barely touched the feral tree, but hopefully good news is coming

10+ Year Old Account

1+1 additions to OP.

Primal Precision no longer refunds 80% of the energy used when a finishing move fails to land. It just gives 10 expertise.

Bonus:
    Revitalize no longer have a chance to give energy. Some of you probably realized its dps boost to a cat especially when there are 2 healing druids in the raid group with that talent. It rocks, too bad it won't anymore.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Astronomy

Primal Precision no longer refunds 80% of the energy used when a finishing move fails to land. It just gives 10 expertise.
    It shoud never "fail to land" in the first place >_>...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mooherder
    Shit happens.

1+1 additions to OP.

Good point... I never really cared much for that talent because I've never had problem with expertise. The energy refund part of that talent is what I liked. Without it... meh I don't know how good that talent is.

I'm not exactly sure what I think of the current blessing of the grove talent. Combined with nurturing instinct, it could be really awesome for pvp. But I'm not sure if it will be worth spending 2 points on it.

Assuming the talent works like the old AQ20 set 3pc bonus does, having it blocked should count as "failing to land."

Quote Originally Posted by Mooherder
    so you've never faught a prot warrior, prot paladin, a rogue, a hunter or another feral druid???

everything is either blocked, dodged, parried, dodged, deflected, or did I say dodged?

Good point... I never really cared much for that talent because I've never had problem with expertise.
    So as a bear you've always been expertise hard capped and as a kitty you've always been expertise soft capped and never ever had to step in front of a boss? This is a core bear talent, and because of ICC itemization a core cat talent (w/o the refund)

So, to recap feral talent changes:

Nerfs:
    Removed 6% stat boost from SotF
    Increased cooldown of imp. bash from 30s to 50s
    Removed energy refund of missed finishers from Primal Precision
    Removed mana cost reduction of cat/bear from KotJ

Buffs:

Umm, wtf?! Could you use some lube next time, bliz?

We're getting a reliable interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiea
    We're getting a reliable interrupt.
    Bash works on non-casters too, an interrupt doesn't. It's a nerf.

wtb Heart of the Wild change from 20% int to 20% mana, we have barely any int on our gear + buffs these days and I find myself running OOM entirely too fast when i want to do anything hybridy... :|

also, QQ no more 6% stats on Survival of the Fittest, question is, do I still spec it for oh crap moments or find a better home for those three talent points (Nurturing Instincts + Imp Rejuv for fun hybrid times >>)...

and why is everyone complaining about not enough talent changes in our tree, and everyone else's, this is the first alpha push, they will get to the talents when they get to them...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Shit happens.
    Yeah, if you're bad. If you aren't hit and expertise capped, you should l2p.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn

And you're talking out of your butt, a fitting name you have there.

I doubt you'll find many knowledgeable kitties who are exp or hit capped at the moment. Sure they'll take those when it comes with otherwise good gear, but other stats tend to be more valuable.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon

And you're talking out of your butt, a fitting name you have there.

I doubt you'll find many knowledgeable kitties who are exp or hit capped at the moment. Sure they'll take those when it comes with otherwise good gear, but other stats tend to be more valuable.
    this, you're obviously not a very good kitty.. it's *ok* to be hit and expertise capped, but it's not necessary

10+ Year Old Account

It seriously looks like they barely touched the Feral tree, and I'd take any 'changes' there with a huge amount of salt. I have my doubts about it resembling the final talent tree.

Oh, and someone found an improved Feral Charge listed in sigrie.

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn
    cause no ferals pvp, ever.