Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crafted Items/Sets in Cataclysm.

I've always been a huge fan of Crafted items, and since we didn't see any on the homepage (so far) I wanted to take some time to speculate what we might see in Cataclysm.

Armor:
    I'd love to see another craftable gear set, like the ones available at Level 77 now. For mains, this wouldn't be a huge impact, as Tier 10/ICC Gear will probably last until 85, but when leveling a new toon, these sets proved very helpful not only for those last 3 levels, but also as a great launching point for Heroics and the lesser raids.

Weapons: Like the armor, most craftable weapons (other than the "best" tier [i.e. Titansteel Destroyer]) wouldn't be a huge impact on a main character that has gear from ICC25, but once again, for a new toon to 85, and maybe the last 2 levels, it could be a big difference, and a great starting point for gearing up.

Mounts: The Mekgineer's Chopper was a great addition to Wrath of the Lich King, however, the price tag that came with it was rather disappointing. I'd like to see a few more craftable mounts with a less hefty investment.

Alchemy: There is so much more that could be done with this profession. I'd love to see the ability to poison weapons (stacking with Enchants) just to do more Damage. I know this is the Rogue "thing" (Trust me, I know, I play one), but make it certainly less potent. Perhaps an item that would let Alchemists do the Poison Vial move from ToChampion.

Also, bring back Cauldrons! Those were fun to use!

Engineering: I love the flavor items that Engineer's get to have. Rocket boots? Parachutes? Helicopters? Oh my! A few more things we could add to the Engineering 'Arsenal': Mines. We have them already in the form of hunter traps, but wouldn't it be interesting if there were stun mines and explosive mines to watch out for in BGs? Personal Shield Generator: For the tank, that also wants to be an engineer. Or vice versa. Make it something that "Enchants" your Shield, or maybe just your weapon, to allow you to have a small On-Use damage shield. A submarine would be cool in the future as well!

Flavor Items: Like the banners from the Argent Tournament, but with your guild logo? Yes please! Guild Mascot Non-Combat pet? Yes please! Silly things like this are something I love about WoW. I'm a huge fan of the Super Simian Sphere or the Orb of Deception, etc. I think it'd be awesome if Tailors could craft "costumes" that have a limited use or something of the sort. Likewise, Leatherworkers creating banners that we could personalize, or have the Guild logo on it would be fun.

I have a closet-full of ideas, but this works for now!
    Think my ideas are terrible? Tell me why!
    Have some other awesome ideas for Professions in the future? I want to hear them!

Re: Crafted Items/Sets in Cataclysm.

There are alot of gear (8 pieces each) that share the same name, so I do believe there will be Item sets for each spec in each profession, also there might be Fire Resist gear like the icebane gear, a throw back to the days of Ragnaros v1.0, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Yzaxtol
    There are alot of gear (8 pieces each) that share the same name, so I do believe there will be Item sets for each spec in each profession, also there might be Fire Resist gear like the icebane gear, a throw back to the days of Ragnaros v1.0, hehe
    Personally, I would love a fight that needs Fire Resistance. Literally NEEDS. Not like Sindragosa, where it's doable without it.

Resist gear (i.e. Hydross or Mother Shahraz) adds a fun depth to the game.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd love craftable sets, even if they just give us a kick start to heroics raiding. Not so happy about resist gear, unless we need it for more than one fight in the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Varuni
    I'd love craftable sets, even if they just give us a kick start to heroics raiding. Not so happy about resist gear, unless we need it for more than one fight in the entire expansion.
    i want this
    make us grind out resist gear, at least for the tanks. and have them use that for most, if not all, of a raid.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

From Blacksmithing:

There are 2 sets of gear at the top level:

Ornate Pyrium - PvP Healer Gear - 8 Set possibly (most likely 5 set pieces with some trash pieces)
    Bloodied Pyrium - PvP DPS Gear

Elementium Gear - 1h Axe, DPS Chest, Tank Shield, 1h Mace(spell), polearm, dagger, spell dagger, Spell Shield, Healer Chest, Tank Chest, Healer Belt, DPS Belt Tank Belt (Summary: Every possible weapon, and Chest and Belt for every plate wearer)

The Elementium Gear would most likely be the 300ilevel epics (or whatever) like Titansteel were

I just hope that craftable items will be relevant even for raiding. As it is, just about anything you can get from a raid drop/tier gear is much better than anything craftable. It is almost pointless to have a crafting profession (other than enchanting) as anything you can make is useless at higher levels.

From the new raid info that was posted a while ago, the crafted items will most likely be on-par with all 10 and 25-man loots and will only be over-taken by the heroic items.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    i want this
    make us grind out resist gear, at least for the tanks. and have them use that for most, if not all, of a raid.
    It would be rather tough to continue to keep up on threat/morale when the dps are getting sweet gear and you're banking old FrR gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    It would be rather tough to continue to keep up on threat/morale when the dps are getting sweet gear and you're banking old FrR gear.
    that's part of the fun imo.

dps has to learn to handle themselves appropriately
    also vengeance would offset this a great deal
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Make everyone do it, not just tanks. Resist gear and stam gear, like a fight like Na'jentus.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not an advocate of gear that just has resistance and stam, I'd rather have gear with stats on it, and some resistance. But there would be the option to use resist + stam gear if you/your guild wanted you to.

Actually with checking the blacksmith section, i'm pretty sure there is no fire resist gear. Unless the DPS, Tank and Healer ALL of fire-resist as a minor stat.

There will never be required resistance gear like there was in TBC. Not only has Blizzard stated this before but everything about the way they are changing stats indicates that they want to make it easier to gear themselves by not having to deal with a jigsaw puzzle of stats.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

i want this
    Why?

Resist gear is simply an artificial break on raid progress. Rading for several weeks to get enough resist gear from bosses 1 thru 4 simply to take on boss 5? Or heading back to a previous lower tier raid not because you want to but because you need to gear up a new guildie?

EJL

The chopper, and its associated cost were a necessary goldsink.
    I funded for the most part with little more than daily quests, and occasional auctioning a substantial mount and pet collection, including both that and the tundra mammoth.
    Gold was easier than ever to earn in wrath, and even more so in cataclysm, hence the rather contraversial trainable 310% flight for everyone, but I can reasonably assume at a hefty cost for those characters not already in posession of a 310% mount, since those will seemingly be "gifted" with the skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Crafting sets will be wierd... as there are only 5 levels... I suppose they could have an initial sert you could craft for 79-80... greens that would be iLevel 272 or some such... Blues iLevel 279 at 73 and epics at 85 iLevel 285...

WHat will be wierd is not really seeing much of a change in gear... I mean... once you have 82 gear.. you won't be swapping it out much until 83.. and since each level will take 2x a s long to level past.. .we'll be sitting in gear longer....

I think this sortof removes some of the more casual motivation... whereas the raiders/instance runners are gonna blow thru to 85 slappign on whatever drop and focusing on endgame...

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent
    Crafting sets will be wierd... as there are only 5 levels... I suppose they could have an initial sert you could craft for 79-80... greens that would be iLevel 272 or some such... Blues iLevel 279 at 73 and epics at 85 iLevel 285...
    Think you meant 83 there :P and no iLevel 300 is for level 85 epics/end dungeon blues

i want this
    Meh, I don't really see the attraction about this. Tbh, the whole notion of resist gear has never really fitted in on properly designed content. Either you are too dependent on it or it is too easy to acquire. In the first case, like in vanilla wow, you would have to spend enormous efforts to put together a set and you would have to get sets of different resistances. Grinding this kind of gear for weeks on end is not my idea of fun. I know lots of hardcore players believe this is what made vanilla great and difficult, but they are alone in that assessment. In the second case, the whole notion of using resist gear is made void because it is so easy to get. In the case of Sapphiron, I never even used frost gear and for Sindragosa, I made the necessary set in a day, and I am mostly gimping myself in terms of stats just so I can get this small artificial resistance for that one fight.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the need of resist gear but it needs to be implemented in a better way than it has before and I am struggling to see a good way.

Personally, I hope Blizzard implements more craftables to the game. I always enjoyed the armor pieces that I could craft early on the a tier's progression, letting me get started and they would actually last quite a long time. Perhaps, add in some craftable weapons and make them upgradeable from tier to tier.
    Rhin's Blogspot
    http://rhins.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeyne
    Flavor Items: Like the banners from the Argent Tournament, but with your guild logo? Yes please! Guild Mascot Non-Combat pet? Yes please! Silly things like this are something I love about WoW. I'm a huge fan of the Super Simian Sphere or the Orb of Deception, etc. I think it'd be awesome if Tailors could craft "costumes" that have a limited use or something of the sort. Likewise, Leatherworkers creating banners that we could personalize, or have the Guild logo on it would be fun.
    Damnit. Now I have a burning need for a murloc pet wearing my guild tabard.
    My allies are my sword; I am their shield.

I took part in the RP Invasion, May 15, 2010