Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Volcanoth's Lair. A one-boss raid instance?

If you look at the Lost Isles, you'll see that there are different versions, one that is the normal starting area for lowbie Goblins, and the 2nd is the phased version which is the volcano that has erupted.

I'm assuming the phased version will be where the raid instance is located(if that is what it is) since it would be a bit insane to have a raid instance in a lowbie starting area. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada
    Ghostlands isn't a starting zone. Durotar, Mulgore, Tirisfal Glades, Eversong Woods, Azuremyst Isle, Teldrassil, Elwynn Forest, and Dun Morogh are starting zones. None of which have raids, for obvious reasons. So it is extremely unlikely there will be a raid on Lost Isles or in Gilneas.

However, maybe one in Azshara related to the Naga/Queen Azshara?
    Just a quick repeat to what I said, the Lost Isles have two different versions, one that is normal, and a 2nd one that is phased with the volcano erupting.

I think I remember blizzard saying that Gilneas and The Lost Isles won't be a place you can go back to once you finish, not sure, but i'm also pretty sure they wouldn't put a level 85 raid so close to where level 1-10's are, they did it with Zul'Aman (well, 11-20) but lets admit, BC wasn't too well of a planned out expansion (Tempest Keep was merely a setback!)

Is only a zone, isnt a instance, dungeon or something, is part of the lost isle and this is the end

totally off subject i know, but i hope its a beast, i totally wanna tame it on my huntard alt
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

That Volcanoth looks like a Torkoal. I don't think they'd put in a pokemon raid.

It is most likely the final "boss" of the zone. After all the questing you probably team up with Thrall to stop Volcanoth from making the Volcano erupting because you are sick of running from this kind of stuff (like when the Volcano on Kezan erupted). I mean really, do you expect them to put a instance that they have no announced( they announced a lot of instances/raids they would've announced this) in a low level zone? Though I do admit they will probably use the model in the firelands raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

10+ Year Old Account

Why would they put a raid boss in a low level zone that you never go back to... at the end of the goblin's time there the volcano explodes and floods the isles with lava and that's why the escape to Azshara... so yeah... stupid idea...

Deleted

Yeah, then maybe you guys are right. Volcanoth is probably some servant of deathwing or the elementals created to wreck havoc and prolly gets killed in the end of some goblin quest line. He's probably some elite, maybe not even a group quest, maybe someone like thrall gives you all his awsum buffs and helps you kill him as someone stated before. That would be awesome for a starting quest line.

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This will be my first attempt at these jokes, so bear with me

*ahem*

Whether he's a raid boss or not, it seems things on the Lost Isles are going to...
    *sunglasses*
    ..heat up.

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!
    Everyone's insane but me...

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    Why would they put a raid boss in a low level zone that you never go back to... at the end of the goblin's time there the volcano explodes and floods the isles with lava and that's why the escape to Azshara... so yeah... stupid idea...
    Goblins start in Kezan, where Mount Kajaro erupts and floods their home city. This forces them to flee across the Great Sea. On the way, they encounter Alliance ships and are shipwrecked on The Lost Isles (this is a phased starting quest chain for all new goblin characters). The Lost Isles is the "true" starting zone for the Goblins (and apparently where this "lair" is).

It would be funny if they threw Volcanoth enemies on The Lost Isles - just adding insult to injury. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada
    Ghostlands isn't a starting zone. Durotar, Mulgore, Tirisfal Glades, Eversong Woods, Azuremyst Isle, Teldrassil, Elwynn Forest, and Dun Morogh are starting zones. None of which have raids, for obvious reasons. So it is extremely unlikely there will be a raid on Lost Isles or in Gilneas.

However, maybe one in Azshara related to the Naga/Queen Azshara?
    Actually, if you payed attention to any of the information released with the worgen/goblin starting zones last year, you'd know that Kezan is the starting zone, and you get stranded on an island later on. So the lost island would be on par with Ghostlands, and there would be sufficient evidence for the assumption that the zone would be in the same level range as Ghostlands.
    Have you considered world bosses? They could easily phase the zone and have you come back at level 85 for him, too.
    Just think a little bit :3

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

That is one scary dragon,turtle and uhm..spider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    You damn dirty apes!

silly topic

it'll be some boss you need to kill at the end of the goblin starting zone experiance like Sironas on Bloodmyst Isle or Dar'Khan Drathir in Deatholme.

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    it'll be some boss you need to kill at the end of the goblin starting zone experiance like Sironas on Bloodmyst Isle or Dar'Khan Drathir in Deatholme.
    This is most likely true however, however at this stage of testing it is definitely not my definition a "silly topic". :-\ Ah well, to each his own.