Thread: She's alive!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: She's alive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen
    I came here in hope of seeing Alleria Windrunner alive and finding myself to be awfully disappointed that this thread was about another dead random orc. As happy as a dead orc makes me I was disappointed.
    This

and

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Mankrik's wife brought more joy than words can expres to barrens chat... It makes us shed a tear in tasty nostalgia. Reminds us our first days in game running without a clue... Oh the innocence. All the fun of discovery of azeroth and wathcing your first character to mature in power! Becoming more "yours" everyday.

Mankrik's wife is THE nostalgia symbol for us: vanilla players. Where thottbot or wowhead didnt exist.

Maybe game is better now but no other game or expension can defeat the feeling of cluelessness and innocence of vanilla wow.

So before you insult or underestimate Mankrik's wife, think twice. Learn the story behind her and respect it for the lives she changed...

Yes Mankrik's wife may have died in a non-epic way. But she's much more important than another windrunner for us.

*drowns in tears*

Quote Originally Posted by Sony
    lol XD
    Anger leads to hate, hate leads to demons, demons lead to warlock fun!

Sucked up into the earth imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying
    Secretly, she's been disguised this whole time.

Her true form? The bridge from theramore to the wyrmbolg.
    Waaaait a minute
    If she is The bridge from theramore to the wyrmbolg...
    THEN WHO IS THE REDRIDGE BRIDGE!?

R.I.P Mankirks wife. I think he should at least tell us her name.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Oturanboa
    Mankrik's wife brought more joy than words can expres to barrens chat... It makes us shed a tear in tasty nostalgia. Reminds us our first days in game running without a clue... Oh the innocence. All the fun of discovery of azeroth and wathcing your first character to mature in power! Becoming more "yours" everyday.

Mankrik's wife is THE nostalgia symbol for us: vanilla players. Where thottbot or wowhead didnt exist.

Maybe game is better now but no other game or expension can defeat the feeling of cluelessness and innocence of vanilla wow.
    Not another one of those "I'm a vanilla player and things were better then" people. I played vanilla aswell and I do not think being clueless is a good thing at all. The game is better now. Everything is better. It's better.
    The "epicness" from vanilla is gone though. But this is because of endgame content being tuned for casuals, I'm a casual player myself, actually I'm less than casual these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Oturanboa
    So before you insult or underestimate Mankrik's wife, think twice. Learn the story behind her and respect it for the lives she changed...

Yes Mankrik's wife may have died in a non-epic way. But she's much more important than another windrunner for us.

*drowns in tears*
    The difference between Mankirk's wife and Alleria Windrunner is that Alleria actually matters.
    Mankirk's wife is just a symbol of old for horde players. She means nothing to the Alliance and nothing to the lore.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I hope there is a quest to find Mankrik's wife again, but only this time her body is 20 feet further down the road.

She is alive, but can someone tell me where she is?

Quote Originally Posted by robbaneken
    Not another one of those "I'm a vanilla player and things were better then" people. I played vanilla aswell and I do not think being clueless is a good thing at all. The game is better now. Everything is better. It's better.
    The "epicness" from vanilla is gone though. But this is because of endgame content being tuned for casuals, I'm a casual player myself, actually I'm less than casual these days.

The difference between Mankirk's wife and Alleria Windrunner is that Alleria actually matters.
    Mankirk's wife is just a symbol of old for horde players. She means nothing to the Alliance and nothing to the lore.
    Lol.. You said things i said from a different point of view. I did say game is better now just pointed out a nostalgic value in game. I didnt even say "epicness" is gone or compared end game bosses.

And this...second paragraph... is just exactly what i said^^ Seriously... What are you opposing?
    It was a semi sarcastic post for asking sempathy and "respect(!)" for an old quest and memory of it. It's not a big deal... Gee people are too serious nowadays.

I have a friend that made a toon named Mankrikswife. He used to log on and stand around Crossroads. People would swarm around him trying to figure out why they couldn't complete their quest.

Quote Originally Posted by robbaneken

Just... wow. Way to miss the point. ^^ Seriously dude, get a sense of humour. :P

His post had nothing to do with "I played in vanilla and tha game sux nao" - just that reading about Mankrik's wife brings back fond memories, while nowadays "exploration-quests" (e.g. "Search for the lost xyz") are more or less redundant as the quest objective is even marked on the map. Sure, it makes the game faster to not have to actually do any exploring, and that is all well and good, but it does reduce the "epic" feeling of actually exploring the map yourself. No need to whip out the anti-nostalgia bat.

I still remember when I spent two hours foot-padding zig-zag through the entire Barrens trying to find her... ;D

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo
    as soon as i read the title of this post, i knew it was mankrik's (invisible?) wife!

MANKRIK'S WIFE IS A DEATH KNIIIIIIGHT!
    Run!

OMG, she'll kill us all