Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mage & LK heroic 25

If anyone (probably not) doubt mages worth on LK heroic 25 man - here's a shameless link of our last night kill with three mages in the raid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzp83WnN9yA Mage PoV ofc

(Note the perfectly reasonable ... reason... to post this.)
    My Raid Videos - http://www.youtube.com/ThePraanz

Mage - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=Praanz
    DK alt - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=Vityaz

Immersion @ EU-Al'Akir

Re: Mage & LK heroic 25

Quote Originally Posted by praanz
    HAY GAIZ LUK WE KILLED THE LICH KING IN HARDMODE 10% AFTER THE WORLD FIRST WITH A DIFFERENT GROUP COMP

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Siddarta
    HAY GAIZ LUK WE KILLED THE LICH KING IN HARDMODE 10% AFTER THE WORLD FIRST WITH A DIFFERENT GROUP COMP
    Learn to fail more at trolling?

Anyways Grats Praazat. Sucks you didn't win the mount though. Yea our guild runs triple mage as well and hopefully once we can get HM Put (best so far is 45%) and Sind (best so far is 25%) down we will check that video out.

Have I killed the LK in 25 heroic? no.

Am I still going to care about some random post about how his group comp was different?

The video is a great POV, the LUK AT ME MAGES CAN DO 25 H LK is unnecessary.

Have I killed the LK in 25 heroic? no.

Am I still going to care about some random post about how his group comp was different?

The video is a great POV, the LUK AT ME MAGES CAN DO 25 H LK is unnecessary.
    You "don't care" yet you still reply and make a pathetic attempt to troll the thread.

@praanz, grats on the kill, and thanks for the video, it was a good watch.

Gratz on the kill, Not trying to troll you though but it does lose some meaning because the buff has gone up since the first kill, offsetting the minimal difference from comp.

Man I wish we could at least go beyond P1, having to use scroll of fortititude in 25 mans because there are no priests sucks >
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    Gratz on the kill, Not trying to troll you though but it does lose some meaning because the buff has gone up since the first kill, offsetting the minimal difference from comp.

Man I wish we could at least go beyond P1, having to use scroll of fortititude in 25 mans because there are no priests sucks >
    You are trying H LK 25 without priests?

Gratz on kill praanz
    I probably wont see LK HM til cata..
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0lle
    In Soviet Russia fish feast eats YOU!

Nice video, play a Fire Mage myself and we are working on this dude now, love to see LB go off and cause carnage!

It was pretty obvious, that mages would become viable on LK again, with better buff/gear

You are trying H LK 25 without priests?
    wiping, to be more exact, just for the sake of experience :P

we had 4 priests and two quited one had to be kicked out and another only has shadow gear and has unstable attendance. The RL managed to bring one back [shadow, but has disc off-spec] so we should have a disc for tommorow's try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Lovely video and gratz on the kill =) Too bad the music sucked. The random norwegian wasn't better either ^^

hey could you tell me how you dps with fire and such like whats your rotation, i cant find any good guides on fire dps
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace- Jimi Hendrix

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.- General Patton

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix33
    hey could you tell me how you dps with fire and such like whats your rotation, i cant find any good guides on fire dps
    Fire:

Without demo/affli lock
    scorch-->lb-->fb spam-->HS on proc
    Refresh lb when it falls off
    With 2 piece t10, refresh lb before using HS if lb has 1-3 seconds remaining

With demo/affli lock
    lb-->fb spam-->HS on proc
    Refresh lb when it falls off
    With 2 piece t10, refresh lb before using HS if lb has 1-3 seconds remaining
    BfA Beta Time

thank you. and is it viable at lower gear or should i go fire only when im wearing icc stuff
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace- Jimi Hendrix

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.- General Patton

what addon is showing you LB on multiple targets ? and this big defile cast bar is great..
    btw in phase when you are inside you dont dps or you just cast instants ?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vile
    You "don't care" yet you still reply and make a pathetic attempt to troll the thread.

@praanz, grats on the kill, and thanks for the video, it was a good watch.
    The definition of trolling. Google it.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Generally Phoenix, fire scales better as you gear up than arcane.
    For fire to be efficient, you need some decent crit percentages (i usually go with 50-55% buffed but i would fancy being higher).
    I myself sit at around 800 haste, but i favorise crit to a point

GL Scorchin it up!
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

The "trolls" in this thread are perfectly right - there's no particular reason to post this for other sake then scoring hits on the video. Wich is also why I used some sarcasm in the OP

Theoretically though, there are probably people out there who still believe mages and elemental shamans f.ex has low worth in this fight. We used 3 mages and 1 ele and got him down without drawn out Enrage-kiting.

Anyways. Mages becoming viable thanks to Strength of Wrynn isn't fully true. It's more the buff fire got that made the big differance. Arcane just suffers so much in a movement fight and yeah...well.. as you can see on the video there's alot of movement but I pretty much fill every GCD the entire fight (apart from Frost-room and some bits in P3). Thats pretty much my tip on how to play fire, fill all GCD's with your instants - LB/PB/CoC.

I played fire already in Ulduar so there's no particular gear-lvl you must attain to make it good. However, having a high amount of crit% will make the 'fun' numbers on fire.

People asked about mods: Using Scorchio2 and LivinbombTracker, the castbar is Quartz.
    My Raid Videos - http://www.youtube.com/ThePraanz

Mage - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=Praanz
    DK alt - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=Vityaz

Immersion @ EU-Al'Akir

The "trolls" in this thread are perfectly right - there's no particular reason to post this for other sake then scoring hits on the video. Wich is also why I used some sarcasm in the OP

Theoretically though, there are probably people out there who still believe mages and elemental shamans f.ex has low worth in this fight. We used 3 mages and 1 ele and got him down without drawn out Enrage-kiting.

Anyways. Mages becoming viable thanks to Strength of Wrynn isn't fully true. It's more the buff fire got that made the big differance. Arcane just suffers so much in a movement fight and yeah...well.. as you can see on the video there's alot of movement but I pretty much fill every GCD the entire fight (apart from Frost-room and some bits in P3). Thats pretty much my tip on how to play fire, fill all GCD's with your instants - LB/PB/CoC.

I played fire already in Ulduar so there's no particular gear-lvl you must attain to make it good. However, having a high amount of crit% will make the 'fun' numbers on fire.

People asked about mods: Using Scorchio2 and LivinbombTracker, the castbar is Quartz.
    After a certain point it also becomes equally as useful in 10 mans, but I'm running fire in most of my old arcane gear, and I can tell you that RNG is still an issue at ~54% crit passive raid buffed even in 25 man. Around 65% passive the spec Really, REALLY shines though, seeing 40-50k ignites in stand and nuke fights with no gimmicks is always fun, i agree