Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Im usually supportive of WoW Gm's but not so much anymore.

So last Saturday I joined an ICC 25 pug and we kill Saurfang. DBW drops and I roll an 890 then a ret pally rolls and rolls a 940. The guy running it decided to give it to me because rets don't get as much out of ArP an mm hunter would.

I log in today and see the email below. They removed the DBW for my inventory and gave me 100 million gold. WTF why don't they just send me plate tank gear that's about as useful to me as an ArP trinket is to a ret pally.

PS. to all those that think it may have been an upgrade for the pally. He was using Heroic Whispering fanged skull and Heroic DV.

Greetings!

Account: *removed*
    Character: *removed*
    Realm: *removed*
    Item(s) Removed: [1] Deathbringer's Will
    Money Restored: 100,000,000g 00s 00c

We recently received a report from another player that they had been scammed.
    During the course of our investigation, we discovered that one of your
    characters had received item(s) or money that had been obtained in the scam.
    Unfortunately, the item(s) and/or money have been removed to reimburse the
    owner.

Our current policies regarding scammed items or money apply to players who
    knowingly or unknowingly receive money or items from a scammed player. If the
    character was found to have assisted with perpetuating the scam, they may
    receive an account penalty up to and including account closure. We sincerely
    apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused.

Should you require further assistance, please submit another help request the
    next time you are online. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in
    World of Warcraft!

For any game play questions, please refer to our site at http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/

Re: FML - Im usually supportive of WoW Gm's but not so much anymore.

Ticket a gm and explain the situation, whining about it here isn't going to get you anywhere.

Deleted

Hardly your fault that it was given to you.

Open a ticket.

That's unlucky.. But unfortunately he outrolled you. At least you got 10k for it
    Cake!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

There is nothing you can do. If the loot rules of the pug were open rolls, raid leader has to follow them and give it to the highest roller if he can use it, even if it would be better for some other class.

I always die a bit inside when i see a retardin with that trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Ticket a gm and explain the situation, whining about it here isn't going to get you anywhere.
    It's not about explaining the situation. I doubt they gave him 10k just to comfort him. Obviously the paladin put in a ticket that he bought the trinket to get the loot. The reality is that he lost the roll (Regardless that it was to either a moron that was clueless about his class, or just wanted to enjoy the proc, making him a total dick) All that could become of the ticket is him clearing up that he did NOT purchase the trinket, and 10k wasn't exchanged anywhere. Then they will take back the gold, and because the paladin won the trinket, he will keep it. There's nothing you can do about it, even if it sucks. Just enjoy the gold.(Not that it in any way makes up for getting screwed over.

GM's do nothing to prevent ninjaing and the like, and actually say its YOUR fault if someone does it to you.

I'm calling BS on this :\

They only do something about "Scaming" if it involved tricking someone out of a lot of gold.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted

The Pally just put a ticket saying that you had bought the item for 10k to the ML.
    Blizzard banns the ML, give the stupid pally the trinket and returns you the *supposed* 10k.
    And, even when the Pally win the roll didn't mean the trinket is for him/her. If a warlock would rolled a 1000 then he would be the winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Missfit
    The Pally just put a ticket saying that you had bought the item for 10k to the ML.
    Blizzard banns the ML, give the stupid pally the trinket and returns you the *supposed* 10k.
    And, even when the Pally win the roll didn't mean the trinket is for him/her. If a warlock would rolled a 1000 then he would be the winner?
    This could be the case, if you get the RL to ticket the GMs with you to tell them the TRUTH, you should get your trinket back.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The GM's are a general disgrace wehn it comes tio these thing.

There is no logic in it.

Last time i had to deal with them was due to a ninja RL / LM taking what he wanted and then droping grp.

Result: The item i won went with the RL and the other two items on Marogar wouldnt be looted due to the LM at the time being the RL that just left.

Responce from the GM was to send me a SP ring.... (I won tank legs as i was the war tank in the run..)

the ret pally used heroic dv and heroic wfs AND rolled on dbw? that guy must be either a fucking retard or just some stupid asshole that like to screw with randoms. these trinkets are 2nd and 3rd best in slot for him dammit. despite the whole situation you could try and talk to a gm and explain the situation. if he doesn't help you at least have 10k gold where ever they came from. i've never heard of blizz sending anyone money while taking an item away like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    It's not about explaining the situation. I doubt they gave him 10k just to comfort him. Obviously the paladin put in a ticket that he bought the trinket to get the loot. The reality is that he lost the roll (Regardless that it was to either a moron that was clueless about his class, or just wanted to enjoy the proc, making him a total dick) All that could become of the ticket is him clearing up that he did NOT purchase the trinket, and 10k wasn't exchanged anywhere. Then they will take back the gold, and because the paladin won the trinket, he will keep it. There's nothing you can do about it, even if it sucks. Just enjoy the gold.(Not that it in any way makes up for getting screwed over.
    I don't expect it to work either, but unlike complaining about it here talking to a gm isn't completely useless.

The fact that he has H WFS and H DV is kinda sad.
    He probably just wanted to transform because it's kewl.
    Now, if he was running some shitty trinks, like the exp one out to 10 ToC or something similar, then he would have every right to roll because yes, it would be an upgrade (based on his current exp rating and if it's feasible to gem/replace gear pieces to keep a suitable amount).
    But anywho, no, it's not bad for rets to roll on DBW, but yes, it's bad when they already have better trinks.

I doubt they would give the OP 10k gold unless he willingly paid the ML to give it to him instead of the winner.
    They can trace money transfers between toons.
    They saw the OP tell the ML he will buy it for 10k, the ret who won got pissed, made a ticket and everything was reversed.

OP, you shouldn't have purchased the item from the ML, who shouldn't have allowed you to purchase it in the first place. Unless you are running a GDKP system and all this is explained and you outbid the ret, it was your bad and all has been corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    I don't expect it to work either, but unlike complaining about it here talking to a gm isn't completely useless.
    You're right, it's actually a worse idea.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

the paladin was obviously a retard needing on that item, he probably just want the highest gearscore...
    contact a gm and explain what and why it happened

I don't believe this at all. Once someone in my guild got DBW when someone else was supposed too. When asked to give it to the right person, he left the raid and gquit. The raid leader and person who should have gotten it opened tickets, and the GM said the only way to do this would be if the person with the item opened a ticket.

So, yeah, I doubt this really happened.

You def left out part of the story. They didnt give you 10k gold just because they returned the item to its owner. as stated above, you must have paid 10k for it.

Also, Loot rules are loot rules, if it was rewarded to the Ret then that means according to the raids loot rules it was legitimately his. -> this means any GM ticket you make will be laughed at.

Wow, this happen to me (In the ret POV) on my ret pally i won the roll but they gave it to a rogue i did the same thing this guy did but they did nothing but telling me to fuck off. in 6 diff gm tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Cläy
    Wow, this happen to me (In the ret POV) on my ret pally i won the roll but they gave it to a rogue i did the same thing this guy did but they did nothing but telling me to fuck off. in 6 diff gm tickets.
    You didn't get the point after the first five tickets?