Weapon choices for tanking and dps...

So I picked up an Oxheart last night which has given me options for switching around what I use for dps and which for tanking.

Link to comparison of 2hers I have. http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=51562;50798;50761

Armory - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dan&cn=Krovven

So I'm probably going to move the Oxheart to my dps set and the Ramaladni's to my tank set. I don't have threat problems with the low hit rating, but I was using the Claymore as I didnt have any other options and being close to hit cap was a bonus, and using Exp food put me at or near the cap for that.

So what would be better, being hit capped, or exp capped? I do still need to check my bank to see if I have anything I swap in to increase my hit (I know I dont have anything for exp) and check wowhead to see if there is anything I should look at replacing for more hit.

Re: Weapon choices for tanking and dps...

I'd say go for Hit capped when tanking I know of nothing worse when your spells miss. and if you can. go for shadow's Edge, I love it for tanking on my Death Knight

15+ Year Old Account

Spellhitcap is not an option (14% assuming SP/Moonkin)
    And out of the 3 you posted Ramaladni's is the best, du to having two blue sockets (+6 Str), slightly more expertise and ArP instead of Crit.

Also expertise is worth slightly more than Hit before the Softcap.
    Although missing the opening IT is more annoying than having PS parried, it doesn't really matter over the course of a whole fight.

That was tank perspective ofc.

For DPS, if you are below hit cap the spear from princes is a good choice. When I transitioned into t10 gear I lost a lot of hit and I'm using the spear to keep myself at hit cap without having to outright gem hit. This is melee hit cap obviously, spell hit cap is ridiculous to hit. Without having to regem it sims higher for me then any other of the weapons in icc10. Maybe if I regemmed into hit I could use the axe for dps gains, but the cost of regemming and the minimal gains of any don't seem worth it to me.

For tanking, I use the oxheart. Between the two i'd use the axe for your main spec, but the axe is probably better for dpsing because of the arp instead of crit. For tanking that stat doesn't really matter and you only care about the extra expertise, which between the two isn't a huge difference, like 20 or so expertise.