Dk talent changes: Where are they :O

Was wandering where they are (I see no updates to current tree in the cataclysm build on front page).

When do you think we will get them?

Re: Dk talent changes: Where are they :O

There's pretty much no talent changes to any of the other classes. The only difference I noticed was in the paladin tree, the crusader strike talent have been replaced with imp. crusader strike.

15+ Year Old Account

there's some new stuff in the druid trees

thats all that really sticks out to me, I wont really be paying a lot of attention until the Blood Tanking Tree Mambo has taken place

10+ Year Old Account

FS and SS got a huge buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokami
    FS and SS got a huge buff.
    The scourge strike buff is due to the new rune system. I don't know why frost strike was buffed as such, we'll have to wait and see.

Pointless theorycrafting: Frost strike is becoming a single frost rune attack to be used on death runes generated from blood strike (as to use death runes for an obliterate you'd have to wait 20 seconds) and unholy will get a similar attack. New RP dumps will be added.

Hell, I don't know.

druids and shamans got the most attention, everyone else only has few odds and ends so far.

patience is a virtue
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeowcathi
    Was wandering where they are (I see no updates to current tree in the cataclysm build on front page).

When do you think we will get them?
    Where were you wandering? :>
    y know.. so i can see them aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn
    The scourge strike buff is due to the new rune system. I don't know why frost strike was buffed as such, we'll have to wait and see.

Pointless theorycrafting: Frost strike is becoming a single frost rune attack to be used on death runes generated from blood strike (as to use death runes for an obliterate you'd have to wait 20 seconds) and unholy will get a similar attack. New RP dumps will be added.

Hell, I don't know.
    Unless they change the amount of rune per strike then frost strike's damage will have to be upped as currently it would hit for not much considering the time to get the RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Unless they change the amount of rune per strike then frost strike's damage will have to be upped as currently it would hit for not much considering the time to get the RP.
    Ah, yes. This is very true. (I even made this argument in another thread. Goddamn I'm bad)

I'm still curious to see what they do with death runes.

Theres some shadow priest love too, they have a talent directly related ot their mastery bonus - which seems kinda weird if you ask me. They also have a spirit-to-hit conversion talent - but for why? Theres no similar talent for mages or locks...yet. And I thought they were removing spirit from those clothy dps'ers

On a plus note, Heart Strike got a buff too. The snare is built into the strike and its weapon damage modifier is up to 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by mhp
    Can I give you +1k internetz, Chokaa?

Mages and Locks won't be getting a spirit to hit talent because there will be cloth gear with hit on it. Blizz is giving those talents to boomkins / ele shammys in order to not have 2 types of caster mail / leather (spirit for healers and hit for dps). There will still be hit cloth gear for dps and spirit cloth for healers.

As someone said a ways before, this is just the first alpha build. Give Blizz some time to get the talent trees worked out. The talent trees will be ready when the talent trees are ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirra
    There's pretty much no talent changes to any of the other classes. The only difference I noticed was in the paladin tree, the crusader strike talent have been replaced with imp. crusader strike.
    Have a gander at priests. All three specs have some pretty big changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account

I ate them. OMNOMNOM DK talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Chokaa
    Theres some shadow priest love too, they have a talent directly related ot their mastery bonus - which seems kinda weird if you ask me. They also have a spirit-to-hit conversion talent - but for why? Theres no similar talent for mages or locks...yet. And I thought they were removing spirit from those clothy dps'ers
    It's because Shadow Priests are still Priests, and we're a DPS spec of a healing class. It's done that way so that Holy-or-Discipline/Shadow Priests, Restoration/Elemental Shaman and Restoration/Balance Druids won't have to have completely different sets for their healing and DPS specs, probably. This will allow all three healer/caster hybrid classes to just worry about two different tier sets and keep the same neck, cloak, belt, boots, rings, weapons, off hands, and wands for both sets. Well, we'd also probably want different trinkets unless they combine a lot of the current trinket effects. Like right now, a lot of trinkets proc from damage only or healing only - if they proc off of either, we could see ourselves using many of the same trinkets as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer
    First build of Alpha.

Repeat after me.

First Build of Alpha.
    but... it's........

*gulp*

first b b build of alpha

arrrrrrgh!!!!!

damn it i want to see some more changes! the suspense is killing me.