Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Help - My guild's warriors don't sunder!

If you use dkp, give dkp penalties.
    Sit as many of them out as possible everytime they disagree to sunder.
    Giving them a link to this thread might assist in convincing them.

They are childish and selfish if they completely ignore even a raid leader's order to sunder instead of simply forgetting about it which would be somewhat understandable if they never had to do it before. This kind of attitude is extremely unhealthy and I don't think it's far-fetched to guess they're one of the special snowflakes that rather than following proper tactics make their own up to benefit themselves (dps-wise, f.ex).

Bad behavior does not only affect the amount of dps done by the raid group, but also the other players mentally. If things simply do not get better, I would seriously consider kicking at the very least the worst one of them.

No matter how casual a guild is, raiding is a team game.

Further to what has already been said, make sure you hammer home the point that 100% armor pen does not actually let them completely ignore all of the boss's armor; that there is still armor left, and that sunder armor will still increase their dps. It shouldn't be necessary to say such things if it would be a dps increase for the raid, but if they're being as reticent as you imply, this might help sway them.

If all else fails, just tell them that they'll do more dps if they get extra rage by standing in the fire :

Quote Originally Posted by Bassch
    If ye have a kind hunter, ask him can he respec BM when more DPS isn't needed, and get a worm, because the worm does sunder or ye could ask a kind rogue to use 5 points to get up expose =)
    Or... Just hear me out.... get the warrior to do it.

Hunters lose a good 500-2000 dps depending on their gear from switching. Earlier this thread it was stated rogues lose 400 dps. Warriors lose barely any. By that i mean they are most likely increasing their dps. Warriors have empty GCDs with nothing to use. Why not sunder? Rogues need to get 5 combo points each time they want to refresh expose armor. Warriors just need press sunder once. It is faster, cheaper, and more effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

10+ Year Old Account

So. Out of curiosity... why are they still in your raids (or guild, for that matter)?

You assign the least damage dealing of the warriors to sunder, and If he dosent apply it or refuse you simply give him a warning / Loot ban and if he keeps to not apply sunder you just kick him from the guild.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

get em removed and get a warrior who knows what he is doing and owns a brain

Insert Signiture here.

Point is op, show those warriors this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill
    It's usually actually a personal dps increase too on 2-3 minute+ fights, how people don't sunder is a freaking mystery to me.
    Yeah, as a fury warrior on a target dummy I always gain with Sunder and I can always fit it in when everything else is on cooldown. Its not difficult, as I am not a great player at all. I usually play a healing priest.

You need to teach your warriors how to be a group player.

Loot ban them from any encounter where there's not 5 stacks of sunder after 10 seconds of engaging (or reengaging the boss).If they guild quit make sure you let any prospective guilds they try to get in,what they did and how you responded.Any decent guild will see them as idiots and deny applications.As for your raid,get a hunter to bring a worm.