Thread: Inscription?

Inscription?

Is there any information about inscription so far?

I am really wondering what kind of new things they can add to inscription. All classes will have couple of new spells, glyphs for those will be added, then what? I fell like blizzard is kinda stuck on this issue here because basically there isnt much to bring and add to this profession.

Anyone knows if we still will be able to trade ink of the sea's for lower level inks in cata? would it be a good idea to stock up inks?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Inscription?

Blizz has said there may be an overhaul on how the glyph system works. Also they will be changing/removing glyphs as they change/add talents among classes (such as the change to glyph of flame shock a while ago).
    Stockpiling inks would be useful if you want to try and get an early jump on the market of people wanting to reglyph at 85 but they haven't said if they're changing the trade in system on inks yet.
    Over all its too early to say so sit back and wait for beta in (my own guess) a few weeks.
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

Don't forget that there are actually quite a few talents and abilities currently on live servers that don't have glyphs for them yet. (See druid's "Swipe" for a basic ability that has no glyph.)

It's also possible to add multiple glyphs that affect a single spell/ability (see hunter's "Mend Pet" which has both Major/Minor glyphs - Mending/Mend Pet respectively.)

There is still plenty of room for new glyphs right now on live servers, so why would there be any shortage of available material for Blizzard to work with once they release even more abilities to have fun with? ^^

I'm actually hoping that GoMending gets changed from a static percentage increase in effect to a scaling increase based on your AP/Agi/Stam.. And that it doesn't get excluded from the application of crit/haste to HoTs/DoTs ^^ Would make soloing a bit easier and make the pet feel like it's actually scaling with the hunter more... Getting a GoSwipe would be nice too >.>;; Can you tell I have a hunter and druid? lol

I haven't seen anything solid just yet. Only speculation afaik.
    Cake!