Need help with 3's combo

ATM in 3's im running DLock/Eshammy/Hpally. It's not going so great. I switched to Affliction and seemed to have done a lot better. I'm in need of some tips for this comp

Re: Need help with 3's combo

Quote Originally Posted by Darunis
    ATM in 3's im running DLock/Eshammy/Hpally. It's not going so great. I switched to Affliction and seemed to have done a lot better. I'm in need of some tips for this comp
    UA is probably better, but it's less lolgibs.

As for help... you need to give me/us more information, especially since I don't see you on Armory. The general tips would be to make switches to whatever your Ele can find in LoS. As the Lock keep UA up on whatever has Flame Shock and whatever is being feared/CCed; which means you have to communicate. Between a CS from your pet and Shaman shocks, you should be able to lock down most casters. If it's RMP, I'd imagine you would want to throw interrupts on the Mage. Have your Paladin blow DS as the gates open if you notice there's a Rogue. Just do like... regular stuff your classes do?

You're going to be a lot more specific if you want helpful advice. Any by specific I mean: "How do we play against RMP" or "How do I keep TSG from killing my Paladin" or something. Anything other than: "I'm running X/X/X, what's going wrong?" For all I know all 3 of you could be running in +Spirit gear in the 1200 brackets.

You need to be as specific as possible in order to get help.
    DLock could be Destro or Demo
    Eshammy could be Ele or Enh

Linking your armory would be a great help too, as you can get advice on your gemming/enchanting/talent choices too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

Yeah sorry I should have been more specific. But here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hos&cn=Derunis. By d for 'dlock' I mean destro, and for 'eshammy" I meant elemental Shamy. We are having MASSIVE trouble against DK/War/Hpally, i'm not to sure how this comp is s'posed to play, im used to doing 3's with a rogue or warrior where we would kill something in seconds. Sometimes me and the ele are on the same target and we're doing like no damage whatsoever, I was fed up with destro; so I tried out Affliction and it seems to have done a lot better, He would be on one target, and I split my dots around and keep UA/Corrup/Agony/Haunt on the target he's nuking, but yet we sometimes still loose. It's hard for me to be the only one to CC. So any tips would be greatly appreciated.

A team like that you should try your hardest to kite and coordinate burst in general. You should probably focus the warrior and if the pally comes out in the open hard switch and repeat. Generally, if they're on the shaman he should kite the best he can. If they're on you he should help earthbind and nuke as hard as he can.

Send me a PM with exactly what you need to know. I currently play that setup (with a destro lock, not affli) at 2.4k.

The only counters we've had so far are shadowplay, blendercleave, ele/affli/druid(which is stupidly stupid).
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Just took a quick look at your teams armory, and it seems like your ele sham needs alot more haste, he had 54, and would do much better with 500+.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft
    Just took a quick look at your teams armory, and it seems like your ele sham needs alot more haste, he had 54, and would do much better with 500+.
    500+ is sort of insane without DFO and like 900 resi.

400 is fine, he's gonna want to have around 3.4k spellpower with flametongue and 1.1k resi.

Quote Originally Posted by Darunis
    Yeah sorry I should have been more specific. But here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hos&cn=Derunis. By d for 'dlock' I mean destro, and for 'eshammy" I meant elemental Shamy. We are having MASSIVE trouble against DK/War/Hpally, i'm not to sure how this comp is s'posed to play, im used to doing 3's with a rogue or warrior where we would kill something in seconds. Sometimes me and the ele are on the same target and we're doing like no damage whatsoever, I was fed up with destro; so I tried out Affliction and it seems to have done a lot better, He would be on one target, and I split my dots around and keep UA/Corrup/Agony/Haunt on the target he's nuking, but yet we sometimes still loose. It's hard for me to be the only one to CC. So any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Well, with TSG I'd imagine your kill target is the warrior, and make switches to the Pally or DK as seen reasonable. Especially if you can get a warrior out in the open or out of LoS of his healer. I do think you have the right idea for how to damage, although I'm sure you might want to consider switching targets a bit more. As for surviving a TSG, both of you are going to have to be really good at avoiding damage, and still keeping pressure up on your kill target. If they're on your shaman, he/she should probably be in Ghost Wolf kiting melee for quite a bit of the game.

As for gear, I can't comment much on the shaman or yours. But your paladin has some nice PvE pieces I wouldn't mind getting my hands on. I don't like his resilience gemming though, he's already at 1190, which is a lot for a Holy Paladin running a WizCleave. He should drop those Resil gems for +20 Int, and probably pick up the +Crit enchants too instead of +Resil. In 3s he shouldn't be focused that much. Not to mention bubble and peels from team mates should be more than enough to make up for the lack of Resil.

As for his talent/glyhs, GoSalvation is pretty weak. It's only real use is when a Paladin is caught in a switch to him/her with Freedom on CD. But if you play LoS and Freedom correctly, it shouldn't be a huge deal. Better to pick up GoTurnEvil to avoid pet CS' and turn DK Gargoyles, thus eliminating a lot of the DK's burst. As for the spec, 5/5 Divine Intellect isn't a big deal in PvP, I'd pick up 5/5 Holy Power instead and just leave 1 point in Divine Intellect. Especially if he drops the Resil gems for Int ones. If healing's still a bit of an issue, he/she can drop the 2/2 Imp HoJ and a point in JotP for 3/3 Imp Devo Aura; it's a more 3s friendly spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Razariel
    Well, with TSG I'd imagine your kill target is the warrior, and make switches to the Pally or DK as seen reasonable. Especially if you can get a warrior out in the open or out of LoS of his healer. I do think you have the right idea for how to damage, although I'm sure you might want to consider switching targets a bit more. As for surviving a TSG, both of you are going to have to be really good at avoiding damage, and still keeping pressure up on your kill target. If they're on your shaman, he/she should probably be in Ghost Wolf kiting melee for quite a bit of the game.
    They won't be on the shaman typically, the shaman should be rooting and thunderstorming the melee off of the warlock on cooldown pretty much, what works for us is a hex on the warrior right off the bat, if he trinkets he's our kill target. Land a fear on the paladin if possible, lust and nuke the warrior while he's in a HoJ (so he can't turtle). Warriors at higher ratings tend to be very squishy, but put out truckloads of damage. The warrior drops in about 3 seconds. Usually less. IF that fails switch to the paladin, force a bubble, refocus the warrior so that he has to keep out his shield. Once the bubble ends, fear into another HoJ, GG.

DKs are generally too stupid to save their partners since they've either already blown strangulate on the healer or they're waiting to do so. They won't take the time to deathgrip one of the casters to interrupt either.

P.S. Your shaman should offheal during the strangulate.

We rape TSG and surprisingly beastcleave(unless the healer is a druid).