Poll: Would you want to see improved graphics (or greater ones) for the spells you have invested talent po

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

[Poll] Improved Graphics for Improved Spells?

Improved Shadow Bolt talent increases the size of the skull, gives it extra glow graphics, etc.

Options:

No - Disagree.
    Yes - Agree.
    Only if they make it for maxed out talents - With Improved Shadow Bolt talent it will only change the graphics when all 5 points are invested.

Re: [Poll] Improved Graphics for Improved Spells?

I do want improved spell graphics, but I don't see how BIGUR AND MORE GLOHWEE is improved.

Especially when you seem to have suggested it be improved in this manner by talent. That's ridiculous, nobody would do that.

EDIT: I just think many spells in general need upgraded animations. Like many other things in this game.

PM Signature Requests: Closed / Queue: 0 / My Work! / Tutorial!

Not totally on-topic, but I thought this would be a good place to say that Wrath, Lightning Bolt, and Flamestrike need graphic upgrades BAD.

It might diminish the "unknown" feel for PvP.

"Wow! That person's [random spell/ability] is changed, he must be ____ spec'd."

Some people might see this as a good thing, others might not.
    That doesn't mean certain talent choices aren't already easy to spot through looking at another player (a Pally with a 2-handed axe, a druid in Moonkin Form, etc.), but why make it even easier?

You want improved spell graphics? Get a better computer. The spells on mine are freaking sick. Which is to be expected from this f**king costly of a computer!

I would like to see more of a explosion look to Explosive trap going off. Something that looks like:

http://rigsamarole.files.wordpress.c...explosions.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Boblet
    Spell effects as is are way too flashy. Look at a raid or BG, it's like a laser light show.
    This.

I have to have my particle density almost minimized during raids or I can't see a thing but flashy lights, fire, and heal animations.

A level 80 (85) chucking about spells shoould be more visually impressive than a level 10 chucking about those same spells.

With per-level spell ranks being introduced with Cata, spells could get slightly more impressive every 10 levels or something.
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    This.

I have to have my particle density almost minimized during raids or I can't see a thing but flashy lights, fire, and heal animations.
    as a melee, i agree... god, i hate incinerate... especially, if there is a fire to stand out..

Quote Originally Posted by Tirion_Azuremyst
    A level 80 (85) chucking about spells shoould be more visually impressive than a level 10 chucking about those same spells.

With per-level spell ranks being introduced with Cata, spells could get slightly more impressive every 10 levels or something.
    Hmmm... to me, "improved" would mean that they look cool but take up less visual space. Trying to figure out what the hell is going on within a melee group in a raid is already hard enough as it is - more flashy, space-consuming graphics would simply exacerbate that problem.

I often feel thankful that hunter shot and special ability graphics are relatively simple - some of them could look a bit cooler, but the visual space they take up on a screen is just about fine for me. A massive flash of swirling light every time I fire off, say, a Chimera Shot, would look really cool the first time around, but would get annoying from about the third shot onwards.

Consider some other MMOs where spell animations are huge and "cool" - and then consider what chaos that becomes when 7+ melee are bunched together fighting a boss, or when a crowd of ranged dps are forced to bunch together. Visual chaos and extreme annoyance is the result.

Your mileage may very well vary, but from my perspective simple yet distinctive spell animations are cool - too much flash is nothing more than an annoyance (and a potential CPU hog if you're in a raid with 24 other people all casting their overly flashily animated spells - or worse, in a BG with 39 faction mates and 40 of the opposing faction all flashbolting wildly for a strategic capture point).

Too bad Blizzard moved away from long cooldown spells. That is where they should have put fancy pants spell graphics. All other MMOs almost have a few really amazing spell graphics for big spells.

Even though I hit yes, I know how it feels to raid with 3 fps (lol Illdian fight back in TBC was fun with that in P2) from millions of lasers flying around but we have the graphic sliders for that.

if by better you mean cleaner and tighter graphics. yes. if you mean flashier. no.

but a lot of computers cannot handle the height of graphics possible now, so upping the max is only good for some people.

still i don't see a reason to make the spells look very nice, with extremely clean looks, and use that as the base and work down from there instead of just accepting the old models
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

i just gota visual of a 40 man raid with 10 destro locks all spamming incinerate

healer: omfg get out of the fire:
    everyone else: dude the whole zone looks like its on fire
    raid leader : ok warlocks are barred from using incinerate

i think alot of spells could have their graphics toned down atleast the spammable spells like incinerate that would be a great animation for say conflagerate which you only do every 10 seconds but for a spell you cast constantly its too much

and i like the ops idea of talents that improve a spell aslo improves its appearance but only in theory in practise flshys spells while looking aweesome can get in the way

10+ Year Old Account

Tell you the truth, i dont care, who cares about how it looks all your really looking at is how much damage its going to inflict when it hits your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder
    Tell you the truth, i dont care, who cares about how it looks all your really looking at is how much damage its going to inflict when it hits your target.
    you are a boring individual sir
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!