Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 10 ICC Hard Modes this week - my quick questions & concerns

@ Arachnan: I don't know why, but I think you assume this priest in my signature is the toon who's raid I'm speaking of.

Also, since when is 4 weeks to clear a whole dungeon for a group that raids one night per week slow? Geez. Please keep in mind our time spent in ICC is about 1 week worth of raiding for a more intense guild. And trust me, the experience/skill isn't the problem...it's more of an attendance/afk-irl aggro issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna
    @ Arachnan: I don't know why, but I think you assume this priest in my signature is the toon who's raid I'm speaking of.

Also, since when is 4 weeks to clear a whole dungeon for a group that raids one night per week slow? Geez. Please keep in mind our time spent in ICC is about 1 week worth of raiding for a more intense guild. And trust me, the experience/skill isn't the problem...it's more of an attendance/afk-irl aggro issue.
    I assumed wrong then (but come on, your raid setup includes a disc priest, you have a disc priest signature and your forum name is PriestLuna :P). My point still stands though, just do them normally the first week, see how it treats you as a raid. You might feel very comfortable and not have any noticable bumps on the road, if so, try the harder setups the following week.

I'm in a pure 10 man guild aswell, raiding 1-2 days a week. When you know the tactics and have some experience, it's doable to clear ICC in one night (~4 hours)
    Last Sunday we did every boss on heroic besides Sindy and LK, also getting our very first Putricide heroic kill after ~1 hour of attempts.

I'm not saying 4 weeks is slow, but if you only have one day per week to raid, and you haven't got any experience as a guild in heroic ICC yet, 7/12 in the first week is a bit optimistic. Not impossible, but using different setups compared to a more standard setup will only make the learning curve harder. If that is what you are aiming for, fair enough.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Yup.

Well I just got home and already we may have an attendance issue from our top DPS this week, which sucks. It's fine as we promote irl over WoW ofc, we'll just have to make due where we can.

The suggestions and advice given this afternoon have been more than enough to hold me over until we raid this coming weekend, I wish I could just lock this thread until then so I can report back with whatever leftover problems we encounter.

Don't be too overzealous, not judging your skill level but some of these are actually not easy.

Morrowgar is all in the healers, no way you will do it with two, and I'm sure there are only a small % of guilds than do/can. P1 is just as easy as normal mode, but his bonestorm phase is a bitch. Still, a good place to start, and Deatwhisper and Gunship are the two you can bang out as a reward. Saurfang is the most unforgiving hardmode fight in the instance, I wouldn't advise you do that one too early on. After that, you can go for BQL then Rot and Fester. Fester is probably the hardest of those three because it can be fairly dps intensive (sort of). All the ones I didn't mention (plus Saurfang) are ones I'd expect to spend a reasonable amount of time on.

Quick Update

Three people couldn't make it, were no-show. Had to PuG, bads are bad. Just did LOLShip and moved on with our lives (264 Spyglass dropped though so that's nice). Better luck with people's schedules this week's reset.

Marrowgar - You will wipe non-stop if you try single tanking him in your first night of Heroic 10 ICC. You will be 0/12 by the end of the week if that is your strategy. It can be a pain to single tank even with a mix of 264 and 277 gear. The Saber Lash or whatever it is will knock your tank out. Especially if he gets caught with a normal melee hit + the cleave + a tick or two of cold flame.

Deathwhisper - If you want to be safe (and I might suggest this) don't DPS her at all until the tanks have her in position at the bottom of the stairs near the entrance to the room. Make sure the OT gets MD'd if threat is looking like an issue and make sure everyone has their hand over their reduce threat buttons. The last thing you want is some over-zealous DPS pulling aggro and killing himself during a tank transition.

Saurfang - We solo heal with a holy pally, but that only works if you can zerg him down with only one mark. I would use Holy Pally and Disc Priest and pop Heroism at 30%. Let your resto shammie go elemental and use his knockback on the adds. The Mark targets get hit VERY hard after the 30% frenzy, especially if he has a lot of blood power. If you get a clothie with the Mark and he gets hit with blood boil during frenzy with high blood power he better be ice blocking or getting HoP cuz he's going to die faster than you can cast a non-instant spell.

Sindragosa - P3 is the only thing to worry about unless you have people that can't figure out how to hide behind Ice Tombs during her air phases. If you have people getting hit by her Frost Bombs in normal then you aren't going to down her in heroic.

10+ Year Old Account

1 tank Marrow? With 2 heals? Yes thats clever. /boggle
    Solo heal Saurfang? How bad is your dps if you need to abuse one healer that much.
    You're over confident, and I picture you wiping on Saurfang for 3 hours. Have fun.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account

My group always uses one tank on marrowgar; we found it works much better than 2-tanking for our composition. We do use 3 heals, though.

For Saurfang, we use 2 heals, and I don't think the enrage has been a problem. Wound poison (or another equivalent healing debuff) helps; even with near-perfect taunts; the healing he gains from even a single hit on a tank with rune of blood is huuge. If you're having any problems with enrage and not using one of these debuffs (assuming you have one available), try that.

My group did 6/12 our first week with no prior experience... also got BQ to 2% our second last try of the day.

Honestly, I would do the frist four, fester, rot, and BQ. Clear normal, spend your second day loling through naxx or ulduar for drakes.

After week one, go ahead and try BP/Dreamwalker.

After that, Sindy, Prof, then wait till your guild is in full 277s before you do LK. (or 30% buff)

Good game.