Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Is it just me or is Grim Batol the first raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    not true
    Grim Batol is a Wildhammer dwarf city just like Ironforge for the Bronzebeard
    it was abandonned after the War of the three hammer because the wife of Thaurisian (Dark iron leader) left a taint when she died in it
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Grim_batol
    Yes, then as others stated Deathwing flew to it and the red dragons started guarding it. But come cataclysm it's going to change ownership once more and become Twilight Hammer controlled.

So it went Dwarf -> Horde/Enslaved Alexstrasza -> Red Dragonflight Takeover (when Rhonin frees Alexstrasza) -> Twilight.

I'm saying the last thing it was, was the red dragons had control. Though you can help answer for me when did Sinestra make the twilight dragons. As in that time-frame I can only see her doing it during the part when horde has control. Which would make sense as she is taking then the imprisoned Alextrasza for the dragonflight eggs plus this leaves the time for when the Nether Drakes are born in outlands already and Zzeraku tries to escape through the dark portal when it opens and gets captured. Then later the portal is destroyed and Alextrasza is rescued.

Deathwing wont be in Grim Batol, and Zombixa + NeFailion prob wont either as theyre most likely the bosses of Blackwing Descent. Rag is also most likely a No-No seeing as He is alot closer to the world tree, prob at the throne of fire.

If I remember right at blizzcon they said something about Grim Batol is going to be pretty big, spanning multiple 5 mans and at least 2 raids, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to believe that the raid releasing at launch is only the first piece of the Grim Batol content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagdush
    Illidan says hi.
    blizzard have said they would not make that mistake again, so we will not see deathwing in GB.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Chick0n Wingz~
    We will kill Deathwing in the 40 man Deephome raid...
    40man raid?.....No >
    Anger leads to hate, hate leads to demons, demons lead to warlock fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Chick0n Wingz~
    Why should I shut the fuck up without any good reason?

Watch urself, bro
    NNNNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRRRRDDDDDD RRRRRRRAAAAAGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeloria
    If I remember right at blizzcon they said something about Grim Batol is going to be pretty big, spanning multiple 5 mans and at least 2 raids, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to believe that the raid releasing at launch is only the first piece of the Grim Batol content.
    Can you give a link to the video please, I would like to watch it. If this is really true, then we are in for a ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

No, Deathwing is no longer in Grim Batol, though he did reside there at one time, I believe. Deathwing 'erupted' from the new Deepholm zone, which is what started the cataclysm and it is why there is a big hole in the roof of that zone. I don't know why we decided to set up base camp in Deepholm assuming that he won't just come back and wipe everything out, but meh. Either way, we won't be fighting him right away of course, and where we ultimately fight him I don't think anyone really knows yet, he doesn't really have an iconic lair unlike Illidan's Black Temple and Arthas and ICC.

Yeah, Lore wise I'm guessing the first Tier will kinda have two main lore villains.

Ragnaros in the Firelands in terms of the Elemental Planes/Lords plotline (Az'Akir is not as big a baddie).

Undead Onyxia and Nefarion in Blackwing Descent in terms of Deathwing stuff.

Tier after it will likely be Ulduum with an Old God I'm asuming, or something new. Plus maybe another Elemental Lord like a proper Neptulon encounter in Abyssal Maw or something.

Just guessing though, of course.

First boss of Cata will be a Lich Prince, (Model: Arthas painted red)

10+ Year Old Account
    i was given the impression that grim batol is the first raid and that the final boss would be the leader of the twilights hammer cho gall

---------- Post added 2010-06-30 at 05:22 PM ----------

also onxyia and nefarian will probably be in blackwing descent due to previous info and its quite possible that deathwing will be in deepholme as there is a new type of netherwing drake that fits the style of that zone being crystaline and slightly rocky.

here is the link to video of new drake mounts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Yds...eature=related
    Last edited by Eereus; 2010-07-01 at 02:50 AM.