Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Hunters, how do you handle aspects in raid boss fights?

I typically don't go oom in 25 mans with all the mana regen buffs/debuffs around, so dragonhawk all the time, but if I do go oom, whcih happens on fights such as 10m deathbringer with all the add switching, switch to viper when you have as few procs up as possible and switch to dragonhawk when you have to chimera and aimed shot then just switch back to viper if you still need more mana. Try to make sure you aren't in viper when you're using aimed and chimera, just do a quick switch for those two shots.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

/castsequence Aspect of the Viper, Aspect of the Dragonhawk

- AotD When you got mana.
    - AotV when you are low on mana.

Hurr hurr =)

Pretty much everything was hit on this, but one thing I can point out.
    If you absolutely need viper (no JoW, no replenishment, no BoW or Mana Spring totem) do so for just a short time while using steady shot.
    Do not viper CS/AS/ES/KS, only Steady Shot.
    Aspects are off the GCD so make sure you have the bind ready if one of your core shots pops and you are still in viper.

You should aim to be <5% mana at the end of the fight, so plan accordingly with your viper.
    If the boss is at 20% and you have 20% mana, if you haven't used viper yet, don't do it.
    If the boss is that low, kill shots and other execute abilities will be flying in along with some class talents that to more damage below a certain HP threshold, so you shouldn't run oom.
    In 10man, you may need to viper here and there, just use it sparingly.
    Really though, in a 25 man setting you shouldn't ever run out of mana or need viper, except for extreme cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia
    The real question, who raids as BM? I can understand a really casual guild, maybe, but raiding as BM is very very sub-par DPS. Play as you like, but I can't see you getting far until the buff is way up there unless the rest of the guild is carrying you.
    Or you are mindless in your belief that BM is "Sub-par" to MM and Surv that you have never tested it properly.

Deleted

Aspect of the Dragonhawk AT ALL TIMES.

Exceptions:

Oom - Aspect of Viper.

Stinky ( ICC mini boss) - Aspect of the Wild. (This protects whole raid.)

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    Aspect of the Dragonhawk AT ALL TIMES.

Exceptions:

Oom - Aspect of Viper.

Stinky ( ICC mini boss) - Aspect of the Wild. (This protects whole raid.)
    There are a few other situations where Nature resistance is important, and I have come to learn that you can't trust shamans to drop their totems, so I always put my nature resist aura when I know there's heavy nature damage incoming.

I very rarely get my mana to drop so low that I'd use Viper. When I do, I usually use a mana pot. If I get low after that, I pop Aspect of the Viper during a phase with low dps requirement (or rather, make sure it's not up on a heavy dps requirement time like the Valkyrs on the LK).

On fights where there's a burn phase and I see my mana getting low, I think it's best to pool some mana before the actual burn phase.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Stàrsky
    /castsequence Aspect of the Viper, Aspect of the Dragonhawk

- AotD When you got mana.
    - AotV when you are low on mana.

Hurr hurr =)
    Then Hot key it to a mouse button (how i have it set up) or another, that way it's easliy clicked when out of combat, or before you enter combat

When clearing trash mana can become an issue if you're just spamming volley. Just use viper in between pulls and you should be fine.. All other mana related issues have already been explained unless I am forgetting something.

You don't have to worry about mana in raids d:

Normally, during a 25man raid, I never pass 90% mana with all mana regen-buffs.

I really never get past 50% mana. (even with my mostly leather gear)
    If I happen to get past 30% though, I will switch to viper till I am back at 50%. I tent to avoid using any spells other than Steady Shot at this time though. It is also good to viper sting bosses with mana (combining chimera shot with this is also beneficial for those of you that are MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Värgen
    Almost every hunter raids as Markmanship. They have a talent called Rapid recuperation which gives you 4% of mana every 3 sec for the duration of Rapid Fire, which is on a 3 minute CD when it's talented. You also use Readiness, which finishes off any cooldowns on your abilities.

This is an example on how I start on a boss fight:
    Pop Rapid - Chimera Shot - Aimed shot - pop Readiness, Chimera Shot - Aimed Shot - Serpent Sting - Steady Shot until Rapid Fire goes out then pop it again.

Seeing as Readiness and Rapid fire is on a 3 min CD, you almost never run out of mana even without Judgement of Wisdom from Paladin or even Replenishment.

You can also set Viper Sting on a boss if it has mana and you are running low, and with the effect from Chimera Shot, it gives back a pretty decent amount of mana. (depends on targets mana pool)

Here is a tip when you're leveling (I assume you level as BM unless you have sweet lvl 70 gear or something on you char). Just use Aspect of the Hawk/Dragonhawk as much as you can. Pop Aspect of the Viper before you mount up, or even when you run to a mob that is far away. You can get in a tic or two before you switch back again.

Also just use Aimed shot and steady shot when you get them if you don't have them already. Don't use Serpent Sting or even Arcane shot, they both deal little damage and cost a fair amount of mana. You want to kill mobs fast and efficient, not run out of mana for every 5th mob you kill.

off topic, but why are you popping Serpent so late? thats free damage you're wasting with the 2 Chim shots

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Or you are mindless in your belief that BM is "Sub-par" to MM and Surv that you have never tested it properly.
    Surv is pretty crazy far below MM, and BM is pretty crazy far below SV, and yes, ive played all 3 in raid environments.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia
    Dragonhawk is a spell you get at 80.
    Wrong. You get it at lvl 74
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Dragonhawk. You'll never need Viper in 25's, you might need it in 10's if you have a shitty raid comp.

Quote Originally Posted by EKAA25
    Dragonhawk. You'll never need Viper in 25's, you might need it in 10's if you have a shitty raid comp.
    Wouldn't you need it in 10s, and then in 25s if you have a shitty comp? Typically in 25s you have MORE buffs.

Of course, I recognize the fact that you may be referencing 10 mans having shorter boss kills. To that I say, stop wearing your 264/277 gear to 10 man ICC and see how long your mana lasts =)

Also, there is a little trick you can do for bonus MP if you need it, and there are 2+ targets.

1. AotV
    2. Multi-shot
    3. Profit ^^

This one sequence alone usually gives me about 3.5k mp off of 3x targets, but as AotV mana return scales with stats, your mileage may vary slightly. Too bad this doesn't work with Volley <,< lol

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Värgen
    Almost every hunter raids as Markmanship. They have a talent called Rapid recuperation which gives you 4% of mana every 3 sec for the duration of Rapid Fire, which is on a 3 minute CD when it's talented. You also use Readiness, which finishes off any cooldowns on your abilities.

This is an example on how I start on a boss fight:
    Pop Rapid - Chimera Shot - Aimed shot - pop Readiness, Chimera Shot - Aimed Shot - Serpent Sting - Steady Shot until Rapid Fire goes out then pop it again.

Seeing as Readiness and Rapid fire is on a 3 min CD, you almost never run out of mana even without Judgement of Wisdom from Paladin or even Replenishment.

You can also set Viper Sting on a boss if it has mana and you are running low, and with the effect from Chimera Shot, it gives back a pretty decent amount of mana. (depends on targets mana pool)

Here is a tip when you're leveling (I assume you level as BM unless you have sweet lvl 70 gear or something on you char). Just use Aspect of the Hawk/Dragonhawk as much as you can. Pop Aspect of the Viper before you mount up, or even when you run to a mob that is far away. You can get in a tic or two before you switch back again.

Also just use Aimed shot and steady shot when you get them if you don't have them already. Don't use Serpent Sting or even Arcane shot, they both deal little damage and cost a fair amount of mana. You want to kill mobs fast and efficient, not run out of mana for every 5th mob you kill.
    lol u don't open with serpent sting.... fail, I always keep that up anot let it fall off..
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

I rarely have to worry about mana but for the few fights that I do. Dragonhawk all the way to like 3% mana then get all your insta casts out and switch to viper durring your Steady Shot casts then switch back to Dragonhawk when you are doing burst damage keeping it at a steady rate. If you tend to have mana problems(Actualy eaven if not) you should practice going into viper everymoment you are not actualy attacking the boss running around etc. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fraudy
    There's actually an add-on I found(Spell Flash) that flashes the spells you should cast next (including aspects). It's really helpful because you're not so focused on if you're spells are still on cooldown and when it's a good to time switch aspects. And yes I know it's kind of a nooby Add-on but whatever.
    And people thought AVR was bad...

How do I do this encounter VS How do I play my class

Ready...go!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.