Thread: MM pvp gemming

MM pvp gemming

So I just hit 1750 in 2's and I have been having some trouble getting past this bracket. Well my druid and decided to try and outfit my gear with Armor Pen. I still have my spell pen gems. Well it seems to be helping. My auto shots have gone up in damage by an average of 80%. I used to hit a warrior for maybe 400-800(non0-crit). Now I hit for over 1k non-crit. I was just wondering what other hunters thought about gemming armor pen. I have heard its a bad idea for MM hunters who pvp, but honestly I don't feel like my crit% has suffered that much. My physical attacks hit for more and my other attacks seem to be the same.

So, what do you all think? Is this a good idea, am I missing the big picture? Feedback! go go go

Re: MM pvp gemming

Really depends on your gear but in full furious/relentless offsets you should be fine in MM. As for gemming you want as much agi as possible. PvP MM hunters do not stack armp because you will not have very many opportunities to steady shot spam. Agi is the best way to go because it affects all shots in general and not just the physical ones like armp does.

If you gear is worse than what i said then you want to spec surv with agi gems untill you get to that level. Then switch back to MM.

10+ Year Old Account

i feel as tho there is something wrong if you are only hitting in the 400-800 range (non-crit)

i understand we are different speccs but as survival in pvp i am usually hitting at least 1k non-crits for auto-shots and somewhere between 2k and 3k for each ES tick.
    i dont believe you should stack arp for pvp because there is so little on the gear itself and what packapunch7 said about the steady shots

and before you ask, im in 4/5 relentless with 1 piece of furious as well as the other random pvp items (boots, cloak, ring, etc)
    so good gear but nothing fancy.

finally i will point out, my 2's and 3's teams have never broken an 800 rating. i am speaking purely from what i have experienced

EDIT: well now that i read that, i realize that you stated your auto-shots are in the 1k range. that sounds about right. what do your other attacks hit for aproximately? also do you have an armory?

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing

My armory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Akhot%C3%B1ik

I dunno. I just felt like I wasn't hitting hard enough so I thought ArmP should help and it seems like it has. I think its too early to say for sure though. Anyway, if you look at my armory basically what I had before was 20 agil gems instead of the 20 armP gems.

10+ Year Old Account

hmmm i didnt look at glyphs or talents cuz im assuming you know what to do there and everything looks in order...
    maybe gem agil instead of arp and/or go surv?
    i cant really give any other suggestions tbh. everything looks pretty good

you are now consciously breathing

i've seen a lot of 2k+ rated hunters pick up pve gear in the non-set slots, seen lots of them running with rock-steady boots, emblem belt and marrowgar helm just because they aren't getting enough damage out. if u think about it hunters have the biggest disadvantage in pvp that if ur target decides to hug u ur auto attacks r completely out of the picture.

Arp = better dps
    Agi = better burst

mm hunter does chimera aimed and arcane and kites. Therefore you do burst damage. In conclusion agi will give you more damage

Agility, agility and agility. More Crit, more AP, more Armor and more Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by akhotnik
    So I just hit 1750 in 2's and I have been having some trouble getting past this bracket. Well my druid and decided to try and outfit my gear with Armor Pen. I still have my spell pen gems. Well it seems to be helping. My auto shots have gone up in damage by an average of 80%. I used to hit a warrior for maybe 400-800(non0-crit). Now I hit for over 1k non-crit. I was just wondering what other hunters thought about gemming armor pen. I have heard its a bad idea for MM hunters who pvp, but honestly I don't feel like my crit% has suffered that much. My physical attacks hit for more and my other attacks seem to be the same.

So, what do you all think? Is this a good idea, am I missing the big picture? Feedback! go go go
    Straight ap gemming works well, Overall damage with every attack you have goes up, Most will say agi stacking is better, the difference is about 4% more crit, some dodge and minimal armor increase.
    A good example I can give was when I was stacking agi for marks, I went from 3-6k chimera crits and hits, to 4-8k crits and hits. The overall damage up is nice because for when you dont crit.
    To state it simply, you want more overall damage across the board stack ap.

Also, Cant think of any strat that involves you doing anything but CCing the warrior in arena and destroying his Healer. Between your traps scatter shots and druid cyclones that warrior should be the least of your worries.