Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: WTB free PvP trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie
    This post was never QQ about how broken the racial is or that it should be removed or nerfed. I was just looking to see if others agreed that the playing field should be leveled and have that "racial" as an across-the-board ability that ALL races have (being that it's so mandatory in most PvP situations). People say an extra trinket isn't a big deal, but trinkets these days are really powerful and it would help a lot more in most situations than they might think.
    Only if you give everybody else a 20% haste CD as well.
    And an AoE silence.
    And some magic avoidance too while we're at it.
    And an AoE stun.
    I could keep going but screw it.

Ya know, I wish my orc was night elf sometimes, afterall a shadowmeld can work as a feign death.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinol
    This trinket > stun/silence/fear remove/snare remove/meld"
    the human racial removes all of those -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by Deathflame
    Only if you give everybody else a 20% haste CD as well.
    And an AoE silence.
    And some magic avoidance too while we're at it.
    And an AoE stun.
    I could keep going but screw it.
    Again, missing the point. Silence/Stun/whatever are all variations of existing abilities that most, if not all, classes have. Making it a racial just gives them another at their disposal. The Human racial I'm referring to, is NOT a variation of a class ability that all classes have. It's a variation of a trinket. A trinket that does something that classes do not. A trinket that is, for lack of a better word, required for most all PvP encounters (especially in arena). I could understand if Taurens were the only race capable of AoE stun or if Blood Elves were the only race capable of silencing, but they aren't. It's not about wanting that extra DPS boost or extra damage for 6 seconds for every race, it's about equally distributing something that's so mandatory. Seems unfair that ONE race gets it for free, I'd rather see them get a DPS boost or damage reduction. The PvP trinket is widely accepted as mandatory and I think Blizzard should deal away with the ability to break stun/fear/snare/ect. every 2 minutes as a trinket and make it a common ability. If they want to make PvP trinkets, fine; but make them interesting. Slap some resilience on them but give them unique procs/uses.

Deleted

Again, missing the point. Silence/Stun/whatever are all variations of existing abilities that most, if not all, classes have. Making it a racial just gives them another at their disposal. The Human racial I'm referring to, is NOT a variation of a class ability that all classes have. It's a variation of a trinket. A trinket that does something that classes do not. A trinket that is, for lack of a better word, required for most all PvP encounters (especially in arena). I could understand if Taurens were the only race capable of AoE stun or if Blood Elves were the only race capable of silencing, but they aren't. It's not about wanting that extra DPS boost or extra damage for 6 seconds for every race, it's about equally distributing something that's so mandatory. Seems unfair that ONE race gets it for free, I'd rather see them get a DPS boost or damage reduction. The PvP trinket is widely accepted as mandatory and I think Blizzard should deal away with the ability to break stun/fear/snare/ect. every 2 minutes as a trinket and make it a common ability. If they want to make PvP trinkets, fine; but make them interesting. Slap some resilience on them but give them unique procs/uses.
    Human:
    You equip trinket with Crit and chance on hit AP.
    You equip trinket with AP and 2.3k damage proc.

Else:
    You equip trinket with Resilience
    You equip trinket with Crit and chance on hit AP.
    You also happen to have a 20% haste "trinket."
    You have to do 1-2 BG's to get the trinket with resilience. Boo-hoo. (Or as an alt, use some of your Stone Keeper's Shards.)

Bananas?

i get 30k honor per bg as well

Several people I know regret picking human, due to the fact that 160 odd resilience is pretty damn sexy for PvP, instead of 2 PvE trinkets and a racial.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account

Oh no, Trolls are the only ones who have a free haste buff! And undead don't have to trinket out of fear! And look, Blood Elves can silence people AND get their mana back! I also want to be able to heal as a hunter so clearly the Draenei racial should be nerfed as well. I don't have those things so I think they should be NERFED.

I have to admit, the day I first saw that new racial sometime in BC, when Insignia of the Alliance/Horde had no other stats on it, I thought it was an across the board ability given to every player to in effect replace the trinket.
    A fair enough assumption at the time I thought given everyone pvped with one, so their use had become a "everyone in pvp only has one trinket slot" situation. It seemed like a good thing, especially with all the World of Stuncraft jokes there are.
    So yeah, rather than take it away from humans, give it to everybody.

As a side-note, I use mine in pve quite a lot. BQL's fear comes to mind, given how often I'm feared right when I need to bite someone =P

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=13408

Free trinket, problem solved.

Well as i see it humans do have a bit of the upper hand of racials atm, the trinket slot kind of scales.
    The longer you go into an expansion the better the racial gets as the trinket use/proccs get more and more powerful.

But as i see it, it might be changed it might not, but as this is a ever changing game perhaps they will buff others to be in line or change the human racial somewhat. It's just like when everybody went UD for the op gamebreaking racial that they fixed now.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Draqn
    Well as i see it humans do have a bit of the upper hand of racials atm, the trinket slot kind of scales.
    The longer you go into an expansion the better the racial gets as the trinket use/proccs get more and more powerful.

But as i see it, it might be changed it might not, but as this is a ever changing game perhaps they will buff others to be in line or change the human racial somewhat. It's just like when everybody went UD for the op gamebreaking racial that they fixed now.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=42123 So
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=42124 Do
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51377 PvP Trinkets

I'm not looking to flame human racials, just point out that they have this unfair advantage. It'd be like giving Blood Elves the ability to put stats on tabards as a racial or something along those lines.
    WTB free silence plx.

get over it

Remove racials = problem solved who cares if people dont play trolls because they ugly.. etc blah blah i made the same post 2 year ago very similar to what your saying regarding racials but it all boils down to blizzard dont care and its completely biased if your a human you argue its fair if you not you argue its OP it never ends mate.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Supernovazi
    Remove racials = problem solved who cares if people dont play trolls because they ugly.. etc blah blah i made the same post 2 year ago very similar to what your saying regarding racials but it all boils down to blizzard dont care and its completely biased if your a human you argue its fair if you not you argue its OP it never ends mate.
    Says the male Blood Elf...

No comment on blood elf racial silence or tauren warstomp or UD's will or gnome's snare escape, NE shadowmeld, etc.

All racials serve a purpose. You're basically saying "This trinket > stun/silence/fear remove/snare remove/meld" which you can't really prove because it's situational and depends on class, but I respect that this is your opinion. Regardless, I think it's a very bold claim to say it needs to be nerfed.
    ^This.

It is not OP, sure, it's handy while levelling, but it isn't the only choice in PvP. Even a lot of warriors go gnome for escape artist (which is really nice for warriors), and undeads basically get 2 trinkets (one they can use on fear, which you would have trinketted anyway). But as said, it's situational and depends on class.

You can say a lot of racials are OP if you see it the way you are seeing it.

No comment on blood elf racial silence or tauren warstomp or UD's will or gnome's snare escape, NE shadowmeld, etc.

All racials serve a purpose. You're basically saying "This trinket > stun/silence/fear remove/snare remove/meld" which you can't really prove because it's situational and depends on class, but I respect that this is your opinion. Regardless, I think it's a very bold claim to say it needs to be nerfed.

With all respect, but judging that the human racial is overpowered is a very one sided point of view.

At the current state of arena, and this counts even more for 3v3 and 5v5 as it does for 2v2, you need a decent amount of resilience.
    With all the current 264 / 277 pve gear available it allows all other races to use more pve gear while maintaining their needed resilience.

The days that you could safely play with 800 resi on a single healer setup are long gone.

I play a BE mage. My silence >>> trinket.

Also human racial shares CD with other trinkets. So wtf is your point beside qq?

If I ever have a tough time against anything, it's gnome warriors. Tons of gap closers and they also break snares every 45 seconds instead of humans 2 minutes.

Not qqing about gnomes! Just saying they present a tougher fight(which is always rather entertaining than watching everything fall over ).

Learn to use what you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranishka
    ^This.

It is not OP, sure, it's handy while levelling, but it isn't the only choice in PvP. Even a lot of warriors go gnome for escape artist (which is really nice for warriors), and undeads basically get 2 trinkets (one they can use on fear, which you would have trinketted anyway). But as said, it's situational and depends on class.

You can say a lot of racials are OP if you see it the way you are seeing it.
    with all the respect for your opinion, I would like to point out that the UD will of the forsaken share's the cooldown with a normal pvp trinket since people have been QQ'ing about that racial alot aswell, wich is imo fairplay. but none the less leaving a VERY powerfull racial to the humans wich is just as "overpowerd" as wotf or it might be even worse then wotf and all due to the fact you can get a huge ammount of ap/sp/haste on a pvp trink with a health increase bonus when used, and next to that if your good at pve a high end raiding trinket with a proc to pvp with,

racials will keep pissing people off but the real problem is how easy it is to get powerfull trinks for humans to use