Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blood Elves Join the Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    I was in Darnassus a few days ago and there is a Blood Elf (!) in the Temple of the Moon seeking an audience with High Priestess Whisperwind. His faction reads "The Highborne". Essentially he is saying that the Blood Elves want to join the Alliance (or so I read it). Anyway, I really enjoyed the lore being played out in game like that. I'm wondering if there are any other examples of that around the world.
    Not a blood elf. No blood elf that deserves the title would ever think of rejoining the Alliance that betrayed them on two separate occasions.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Not a blood elf. No blood elf that deserves the title would ever think of rejoining the Alliance that betrayed them on two separate occasions.
    The Alliance never betrayed them.
    Lets just clear that up.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor
    The highborne are what became the first High Elfs over time. They are the ancestors of the High Elf.

The High Elf are Alliance, since they have a full out hatred for the Forsaken and Blood Elfs.
    And night elfs will be hated on if they play the mage class, i bet ya anything the quest txt lines will show some hostileness towards a NE Mage
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Romire
    And night elfs will be hated on if they play the mage class, i bet ya anything the quest txt lines will show some hostileness towards a NE Mage
    Game Mechanics != Lore

Blizzard never changes in game game mechanics to fit lore.

All quest call Blood Elf Paladins, Paladins instead of Blood Knight.

Same will be done for Tauren Paladins, Troll Shaman, Dwarf Shaman, etc.

The Highborne have always been tied to the Alliance. Just they were never in game still now. Just like the High Elf models changed in Hinterlands for example.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

One word. Garithos.

And that is why Blood Elves will never rejoin the Alliance. /thread
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

This am hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

No ty, I dislike all the very human like stuff on alliance.
    so I'll stick with horde TY

he's not a High Elf or a Blood Elf he's a Highborne Night Elf ffs

http://www.wow.com/2010/05/04/know-y...ven-evolution/

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Aww you got my hopes up. I was hoping Blizzard was deciding to do a sudden switch up and switch Blood Elves with Worgen :'(

Lets just clear that up.
    Garithos attempted genocide. Then, in Eversong, there is a malfunction at the West Sanctum, causing things to go tits-up there. There is a night elf spy there who attacks you on sight and has damning documents on him written in Dwarven. There is an Ironforge dwarf acting very suspiciously in the North Sanctum. A dwarf who was ostensibly sent for peace talks was there looking for a good spot to plant a bomb.

In the Ghostlands, night elves loyal to Darnassus hold several major strategic points that could have been used to devastating effect against the Scourge in the area. These night elves also attack on sight.

The Alliance did betray the blood elves when they sent spies that were there under the guise of a peaceful intent with the true purpose of sabotage.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    I was in Darnassus a few days ago and there is a Blood Elf (!) in the Temple of the Moon seeking an audience with High Priestess Whisperwind. His faction reads "The Highborne". Essentially he is saying that the Blood Elves want to join the Alliance (or so I read it). Anyway, I really enjoyed the lore being played out in game like that. I'm wondering if there are any other examples of that around the world.

The blood Elves aren't faction changint to Alliance. The Highborne that emerge are remnants of the original arcane magic wielding caste of night elves banished from Kalimdor that the High Elves and Blood Elves trace their ancestry. They were put in to begin to write in the Cataclysm lore to come for the Night Elves, as well as to establish a justification for allowing Night Elf mages when Cata hits.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    he's not a High Elf or a Blood Elf he's a Highborne Night Elf ffs

http://www.wow.com/2010/05/04/know-y...ven-evolution/

Thus actually summed it up quite nicely. Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Lets just clear that up.
    Oh really? So Grand Marshal Garithos, ostensibly the leader of the alliance of Lordaeron after King Terenas' Death, didn't on many occasions leave Kael'thas and his people to fend for themselves with next to no resources? He didn't send them on missions for the Alliance without any support. And then he calls Kael a traitor for accepting the Naga's help to survive?

No, that's in no way Betrayal at all :

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

lol fail

Bro, I dont know if you noticed but there is a difference between NIGHT ELVES and BLOOD ELVES / HIGH ELVES.

Night Elves are purple with Yellow eyes. Blood Elves have white skin and green eyes. Even High Elves have white skin and blue eyes.

His faction reads "The Highborne". Essentially he is saying that the Blood Elves want to join the Alliance
    "Highborne" where just night elf mages thousands of years ago. The high elves were the result of most Highborne after the sundering. The ones that stayed as night elves were exiled (which is why you don't see many around today.)

They put this in the game as an introduction to the night elf mages we will have in cataclysm.

Seriously, I'd consider you less a noob if you even said "High Elves" instead of Blood elves...
    rawr?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhron
    One word. Garithos.

And that is why Blood Elves will never rejoin the Alliance. /thread
    he doesnt speak for the "Alliance"
    he was a high rank of the survivors. Nothing more, nothing less. He doesnt speak for the Alliance. He is not a Racial leader nor Faction leader.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Karayne
    Oh really? So Grand Marshal Garithos, ostensibly the leader of the alliance of Lordaeron after King Terenas' Death, didn't on many occasions leave Kael'thas and his people to fend for themselves with next to no resources? He didn't send them on missions for the Alliance without any support. And then he calls Kael a traitor for accepting the Naga's help to survive?

No, that's in no way Betrayal at all :
    Garithos wasn't "the Alliance of Lordaeron"

the Alliance ceased to exist as a political entity when Arthas killed his father and nearly all of the population of Lordaeron.

Garithos was a nobody.

a royal gaurd who marshaled the very few survivors still left in and tried to fight back.

the fact he gave himself a title and named his forces "the New Alliance" is a irrelevant.

WC3 calls his forces "The Alliance Remnants". a "Remnant" is something that is left over when something else is destroyed.

the Alliance of Lordaeron was dead.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

he doesnt speak for the "Alliance"
    he was a high rank of the survivors. Nothing more, nothing less. He doesnt speak for the Alliance. He is not a Racial leader nor Faction leader.
    Nice job ignoring my points about what the Alliance did to the blood elves in Eversong and Ghostlands--a period of time in the story where the blood elves were independent. They weren't members of the Horde until the end of the Ghostlands quests, so it was indeed betrayal on the Alliance's end when they send a saboteur under a peaceful guise.

Thanks Amuno!

except the High Elves of Quel'thalas offically left the Alliance at the end of the second war.

the entirety of BElf lore is contrived for the simple reason they became members of the Horde so the Horde would have a pretty race and attract more new players in TBC: FACT.

Lordaeron didn't help us against the army of the Scourge !
    Lordaeron was the army of the Scourge.
    PS. the exact same Scourge army are now your allys.

the Alliance abandoned us !
    the Alliance was dead and you weren't in it anyway.

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Garithos attempted genocide. Then, in Eversong, there is a malfunction at the West Sanctum, causing things to go tits-up there. There is a night elf spy there who attacks you on sight and has damning documents on him written in Dwarven. There is an Ironforge dwarf acting very suspiciously in the North Sanctum. A dwarf who was ostensibly sent for peace talks was there looking for a good spot to plant a bomb.

In the Ghostlands, night elves loyal to Darnassus hold several major strategic points that could have been used to devastating effect against the Scourge in the area. These night elves also attack on sight.

The Alliance did betray the blood elves when they sent spies that were there under the guise of a peaceful intent with the true purpose of sabotage.
    Garithos operated outside the current bounds of Alliance command. He was a soldier for a now-extinct kingdom. His behavior was reprehensible, but Putress was even worse and I get a distinct feeling you'd not want to blame the Horde for his misdeeds. Let's be fair, now.

As for the rest of that, by this point the Blood Elves were already sending entreaties to those charming psychopaths operating in Tirisfal Glades, the Forsaken, and to the Horde in general. Blood Elves had attacked Tempest Keep and abducted a Naaru. I'm not one of those idealists who think that either faction is pure, but the Blood Elves and the Forsaken are as sketchy as they come. From the viewpoint of the Sindorei yes, the Alliance betrayed them, and from the viewpoint of the Alliance the Sindorei betrayed them.

They're both right, in their own way.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by sleekit
    except the High Elves left the Alliance at the end of the second war.

the entirety of BElf lore is contrived for the simple reason they became members of the Horde so the Horde would have a pretty race and attract more new players in TBC: FACT.
    The High Elfs rejoined the Alliance.

High Elfs and Lorderon's humans who survived, fled south to Stormwind,Dalaran, Hinterland, Kalmador with Jaina.

All of which are Alliance. Even Dalaran, which was Alliance up until WoTLK
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?