Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Is the scourge really that evil?

Yeah until you fall apart from decaying...
    no

Quote Originally Posted by insaneperson
    On a serious note, evil is a point of view... very few people/groups in history believe themselves to be evil, to be doing evil things... quite the opposite in fact, in just about every case each side of a conflict believe themselves to be on the side of right/good whatever
    Well that is not true. Most of the terrible events in history happened because the people who caused it to happen twisted things so much so that the normal people would fight for them "thinking" they were doing what was right, but if they realized the truth most of those people would not have gone along with the terrible things done. Such as the Communist take over in Russia, French Revolution (good idea, terrible execution and timing).

If there is no good/evil or right/wrong, that means there isn't such thing as crime, meaning anything and everything is allowed, including rape, murder, theft, child molesting and other heinous acts.

... Sorry about the rant I get really riled up at "there is no good/evil" people!

On Topic: The Scourge is bad since it is forcing an ultimatum on everyone. It doesn't give people the choice in anything. The Scourge murders thousands just because some power-hungry lunatics want the satisfaction of controlling others.

the Scourge isn't communism. the Scourge is Orwellian society at its finest.

at the end he loved Big Brother
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Daimiena
    It's never really been quite clear what the Scourge's true motives are. Conquer the planet. Okay, plenty of humans have wanted that in real life. What would they do after that? Try to conquer the outlands? What about after that? If they just sat down and become a real society after that, then no, the Scourge is not evil. But if they became the next Burning Legion, traveling across the galaxy killing everything and anything, for all eternity for absolutely no reason, then yes, they would be evil.
    Well, the original goal of the Scourge (as a minion army of the Burning Legion) was simply to crush all resistance that stood before the Legions return to Azeroth.

When Arthas merged with the Old Lich King to be come the New Lich King, and splintered the Scourge off into their own group, I think their goal / motive changed more to a "Hey, We are now all powerful, immortal undead, lets make the rest of the world like us" kind of variation on the Borg Mentality (Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated)

I think the lack of free will would kind of be the bad part. Being a ghoul would suck.

Now being the Lich King, that could be fun. But that's sort of difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadus
    I think the lack of free will would kind of be the bad part. Being a ghoul would suck.
    Specially if you end up being the pet of a DK named Dkbelfdk.
    if you really were from Sweden this thread would be about metal

Quote Originally Posted by Daimiena
    It's never really been quite clear what the Scourge's true motives are. Conquer the planet. Okay, plenty of humans have wanted that in real life. What would they do after that? Try to conquer the outlands? What about after that? If they just sat down and become a real society after that, then no, the Scourge is not evil. But if they became the next Burning Legion, traveling across the galaxy killing everything and anything, for all eternity for absolutely no reason, then yes, they would be evil.
    I think the Lich King wanted to conquer the entire planet, and then go after the burning legion. His plan was absolute genius, because after all, the same (more or less) 25 folks managed to beat back Kil'jaedan (who tore ner'zhul apart limb from limb and turned him into the lich king).

I guess what he didn't count on was Super "cutscene" Saiyan Tirion Fordring breaking out. Oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    When Arthas merged with the Old Lich King to be come the New Lich King, and splintered the Scourge off into their own group, I think their goal / motive changed more to a "Hey, We are now all powerful, immortal undead, lets make the rest of the world like us" kind of variation on the Borg Mentality (Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated)
    Yeah, seems like he really took the whole, "The faster you strive to slay your enemies, the faster you'll deliver your people into their hands" thing pretty seriously. Got to a point where it's like, "Well, the majority of the bad guys I'm facing now are my people, so I might as well become their king and make them victorious, lol".
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Actually while the undead themself arent imortal they can be reanimated and brought back.

As in are the scourge really evil it depends on how you look at it, the scourge is made up of undead who serve willingly or unwillingly to the Lich King. Not all undead are scourge, the undead and lich in Netherstorm for exmp.

As i said some of the undead actually dont want to do what they do, exampls of this are the spiders (cant remember names well) a few of them even mention they are glad to die since they are no longer under his control.

While some undead do willingly serve him, such ones like Svala in UP, KT, the cult of the damn undead, etc.

So no not all of the scourge is evil but are forced to do evil things.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

there's the little detail that they want to take over the world, murder your children, and make them slave zombies for either fodder or manual labour work in the saronite mines.

i never quite got over that part....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs
    Take a look at the pros of being scourge:

1. Virtual immortality
    2. Equal opportunity employers (They don't say no to anyone)
    3. They send assistance if anyone asks for it (They sent help to Razorfen downs when Horde commited genocide against the natives of Durotar/Barrens.)
    4. True unity under the Lich King.
    5. Power.
    6. Mindless servants at your beck and call.
    7. Look good in black.

I'm sure there's more.
    The only thing good about the Scourge is that they want to see the Legion Destroyed.

But their plan to doing that, is to create a army of Dead. Where you think that army will come from?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Good and evil are relative...Everyone sees everyone else in a different spotlight.
    scourge, alliance, horde. they might hate eachother, but each group is good for their actual members.
    well, maybe except for ghouls and peons. but you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzagee
    Nonsence!
    1. Deathknights, skeles and Necromancers dont spill guts! (unless they spill your guts)
    2. Have you checked sylvanas and that blood queen in icecrown?
    3. thats why you use a bowl and fork fr your [Bowles and Brains]
    4. Get a buncha your undead buddys and plague and show them whos boss!
    5. Your undead, you eat the bodyparts of living and dead, do you rlly need dental?
    1. You kinda have a point, though necromancers aren't necessarily dead (at least Kel'thuzad wasn't)
    2. Right, b/c as an undead you're going to have a chance to score with the only two undead that aren't missing patches of flesh. Oh wait, they're both queens.
    3. I ran out after I finished the quest....
    4. Turn undead for the lose.
    5. Clearly, if you're going to be eating body parts and gnawing on bone you need to ensure that your bicuspids are in top shape with a solid dentist.

1. Virtual immortality
    3. They send assistance if anyone asks for it (They sent help to Razorfen downs when Horde commited genocide against the natives of Durotar/Barrens.)
    5. Power.
    7. Look good in black.

I'm sure there's more.
    in soviet Russia, oh wait.

They also want to kill every living thing on Azeroth!

Yay!

Oh wait.

Deleted

1. Virtual immortality
    5. Power.
    7. Look good in black.

I'm sure there's more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunmist
    They also want to kill every living thing on Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    the Scourge isn't communism. the Scourge is Orwellian society at its finest.

at the end he loved Big Brother
    I loved that book, and you're right.