Thread: Stratholme

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stratholme

Ive decided to farm the Rivendares Deathcharger from Stratholme, and i find myself running all the way back to the back entrance, is there a faster way out to maximize the speed of the run, ive seen this "exit" at the left of the Baron house thingie, can you open the gate blocking the gate? thanks for answears

Re: Stratholme

That was the old entrance to Naxxramas far as i know...
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

In Vanilla WoW All big raids like Molten core, BWL and Naxx were supposed to be entrred by going through a 5 man then a portal at the end.

But they removed that and added attunement portals before Naxx was added.

The portal is the leftover from when they planned to do that at the start of WoW.

In short, No. The walk out sucks.

Long boring answer with too much information :
    In the overworld(EPL zone), not the actual Stratholme instance, The entire city exists like it does but without any npcs. If you go through the gate and behind the portal, There is another room with a Ziggarut and a copy of the old Naxxramas portal that used to be in Eastern Plaguelands as well as an unfinished Necropolis that was more than likely the original Naxxramas. It is very unrealistic looking though as it is contained in a very small area. The whole city and this area actually extends deep into what would be Quel'thelas and Ghostlands border. My guess the room was closed off when they decided on the outdoor transporter and Naxxramas floating over EPL. There needs to be some major overhauling on the world map if they want to make use the Quelthelas zone area which is currently empty and not scaled correctly, but appears on the world map.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Okay cheers guys, havin issue with to fast runs "you have enterd to many" thingies so shouldnt be an issue

fastest way is to use the service enterance by the chapel where the paladins use to go for there epic mount quest, from there its a 10 minute clearing to barron and killing, then 2 minutes to run out and reset... mind you this is on my holy priest, so would probably be faster on a dps class

Quote Originally Posted by calibad
    Quelthelas zone area which is currently empty and not scaled correctly, but appears on the world map.

This is untrue. The zone named "Quel'thalas" is long outdated and forgotten by Blizzard. Just like this portal. The Ghostlands, Eversong Woods and the Isle of Quel'Danas are Quel'Thalas, just as most of the very northern regions are Lordaeron.

Quel'Thalas is the name of the region, not a zone of its own.

EDIT: Sorry for off-topic. On-topic; as already been stated, this portal is the long forgotten entrance to Naxxramas(at least speculated to be, I don't believe I've seen any confirmation), and so it won't help you farm it faster, as nice as that would have been.

The odds of being hit by spacejunk is higher than the mount actually dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    THANKS For your support

10+ Year Old Account

The best way to farm is to get a lvl 80 dk. Since they can teleport to the dk starting necropolis it really speeds up the process.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    According to this article:

Bill Ailor ... told AP its likely that 50 to 200 "large" pieces of manmade space debris return to Earth every year...

But despite the large amount of debris that returns to Earth, the orbital debris center estimates the odds of anyone being hurt by any piece of spacejunk is one in a trillion, far less likely than the chances of being struck by lightning.

McDowell used population density maps of Columbia University to calculate the highest possible risk, and found only a 1-in-10,000 chance that a dead satellite could actually strike a person. However, he told AP the real risk is probably closer to one in a million.
    Baron drops the mount at 1 in 100 these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    According to this article:

Baron drops the mount at 1 in 100 these days.
    Owned.. Haha, I was probably going to do something like this as I study astronomy.
    Cake!

I went there 3 times... got my mount! 8)

And yes, service entrance is the fast way... but not that much faster!

Is the bug with the boxes still available?

explain: Some time ago you could make a trashbox open and gates were despawning in the area. You could get to baron in 2min and out in 2min.

i dont need to run faster, i just tend to die on the way out sooooo xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    Actually now they've upped it to a 1% drop rate the chance is quite reasonable. If you do 10 minute runs (door to door, so to speak) then in two hours your chance of getting the mount is more than 10%!

Back on topic: Unfortunately you have to run back. It takes me less than 10 minutes from zone in to zone out. Remember that you can be quite haphazard in skipping trash, depending on your class and gear. Back at lvl 70 accidentally pulling a trash pack would slow me down greatly, but nowadays I can oneshot an entire 4 mob pack on my ret pally, so even if I accidentally pull a trash pack it hardly slows me down at all.
    Actually that logic is incorrect. No matter how many times you run it your chance of it dropping remains 1%. The game does not take in to account your previous attempts, every instance is fresh. Otherwise you would be guaranteed a mount within 100 runs.

had 'bout 60 runs of it. here's the trick.
    skip all the mobs and go directly to magister barthilas no need to kill the banshee or the nerubian boss. when at him don't kill him just go around him and destroy the nearby boxes. i believe you'll need to destroy 4 or 5. when you do so look at the gate that blocks your way to baron. it will disappear. sometimes the door to his ziggurat will disappear as well. that's the way i got it.

Edit: removed inappropriate content + excessive bold. --Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane

Quel'Thalas is the name of the region, not a zone of its own.
    If you go into the small strip of land north of stratholme,that you can clearly see on the world map...You will enter a zone (that was never used) named Quel'thelas. It is also a region...but there is also a zone. Get your exploring game up.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account

On my WoW Alpha Server (not the Cataclysm one ... the Vanilla Alpha) you can visit Stratholme and can get past the Gate in Rivendares Room.
    There is nothing special there. It's a big place with a Ziggurat in the middle, used for porting up to the Necropolis which floats above.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nàrcissus
    Actually that logic is incorrect. No matter how many times you run it your chance of it dropping remains 1%. The game does not take in to account your previous attempts, every instance is fresh. Otherwise you would be guaranteed a mount within 100 runs.
    it's 50% since it either drops or it doesnt