Hunters : Getting GCD from 1.5 Sec to 1 Sec (Source!)

We're not liable to reduce the GCD. It's there for a reason. We can do that on rogues (and possibly hunters) because their button mashing is so limited by resource income, but we don't think warriors will be limited to the same degree. Making the bonus and cost only kick in above 100 is more along the lines of something we might consider, but realistically you'd probably only get a single attack before you dropped below 100 again, so it seems like it would constantly be turning on and off.

Source:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24702...in-inner-rage/

So, what do you think?

Makes sense for me, even though we will probably be force to stack haste until SS is at 1 sec Cast time.

Re: Hunters : Getting GCD from 1.5 Sec to 1 Sec (Source!)

haste will increase focus regen rate so it will probably be attractive to hunters to some degree but it's hard to say how sexy it will be till we get more info on the mechanics
    STFU and kill shit.

Under the current Mana mechanic dropping our gcd to 1 second would be an immense dps increase. With the change to focus, I'm not sure we'd even notice. It would be nice to be able to use abilities faster, but ultimately it's going to depend on focus regen. That's in fact the only reason they'd even consider it, since we'd still be primarily limited by our resource, not cooldowns.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyph3r
    Under the current Mana mechanic dropping our gcd to 1 second would be an immense dps increase. With the change to focus, I'm not sure we'd even notice. It would be nice to be able to use abilities faster, but ultimately it's going to depend on focus regen. That's in fact the only reason they'd even consider it, since we'd still be primarily limited by our resource, not cooldowns.
    This

Mana or Focus whatever we have it doesn't matter, if our GCD was reduced to 1.5 seconds then all that would mean is stacking a little more haste so we can add one or two more SS to our rotation, assuming chimera shot and aimed shot still have their base 10 second cool down.
    Right now I agree it would be a huge dps increase with mana, thats a lot of extra SS's throughout an entire boss fight, but with focus I'm not sure we would notice that big of a difference, like you said it's all going to depend on how focus regen is handled.

Hooray for making all stats useful, no more using leather or sub par iLvl mail to get rid of haste!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial
    Hooray for making all stats useful, no more using leather or sub par iLvl mail to get rid of haste!
    Amen to that.

But seriously haste is going to be the new attack power. Currently we try to balance AP with crit, not favoring one too much over the other. In Cat it's gonna be the same situation but with crit and haste. I mean really what else is there? White stats will always be agil and stam, green stats haste crit hit and mastery. Hit has a cap. The theorycrafters are gonna have a field day trying to figure out at what points what stat is strongest and should be favored or even gemmed for.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

i feel that rather than simplifying this class we have all spent so long learning in its current state they are in fact adding a whole host of balance issues that will cause even more prob then the current when can i got mm and when do i gem arp issue.