Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm content removed from the site

U mad?
    Go troll somewhere else Scix, and stick your precious cataclysm screenshots were the sun doesn't shines

kthx

Oh well. At least they didn't decide to abuse their position in the thing like most gaming companies do, such as ceasing property first and asking questions later.

But hey, all these Screenshots all felt "Look first, but no touch" in a sense. When the beta starts, and those lucky enough to get in get in it, there will be much more fun to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Inmortus
    Now that's a douchebag, theres no competition here. Do you think other people haven't done that ?, yet their not bragging around, have some respect for yourself and stop trolling this forums
    This. Seriously, I saved screenshots too. But it was the ones I gave a damn about. :v
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Quote Originally Posted by Inmortus
    Go troll somewhere else Scix, and stick your precious cataclysm screenshots were the sun doesn't shines

kthx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm surprised it took this long. It was only a matter of time. Oh well, we got a sneak peek at some neat stuff, can't wait till it's released.

15+ Year Old Account

if the NDA wasn't lifted in the first place why did Boub waste all our time by posting all the crap on the website when he knew it would be removed?
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Scix
    <image snip>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    See ya in 7, Scix.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite
    And there's a chance that he hasn't before?....
    I repeat. Now I know.

Boub is not liable for the postings on this public forum. There are no legal grounds for Blizzard to force him to remove postings not made by him (quite possibly no legal ground to make him remove his own postings, either). By censoring the information, he has turned his back on the community.

Oh, of course, their screenshots of cataclysm they're showing once in a while on worldofwarcraft.com don't violate the NDA.

They prefer to leak their water one drop at a time to the "starving population of haiti" of WOW, aka their customers. Its their decision and like everything in this world, it is filled with consequence.

Content will be leaked, NDA or not. By them or by us.

I guess it is a big deal for them if the content is shown right now instead of later.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar
    I repeat. Now I know.

Boub is not liable for the postings on this public forum. There are no legal grounds for Blizzard to force him to remove postings not made by him (quite possibly no legal ground to make him remove his own postings, either). By censoring the information, he has turned his back on the community.
    Again, you have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief
    It is theft, there is no grey area, the Alpha was by invitation only, and it was stolen, modded, and released illegally. Thats theft, oh and modification of game code too, also against the rules
    You ever wonder why they dont make everyone in the beta sign a NDA but make the people in alpha sign it? I mean they could, nothing stopping them from doing it. You know why they dont? Its cause the NDA does nothing. If some random person in beta leaks there is no way to prove or punish that person. However in a F&F test they are employees. So if they are able to track it they can fire the person responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth
    Oh, of course, their screenshots of cataclysm they're showing once in a while on worldofwarcraft.com don't violate the NDA.
    I think you forgot the fact that they ARE the creators of this game, and hence the NDA doesn't apply to them. They can post information whenever they want, whichever way they want to.

That's right, I can't trust it. Because now I know that Boub is willing to withhold any information Blizzard wants him to at the drop of a hat.
    But any information he DOES post is not a LIE! Just because you aren't getting every little tiny detail your heart desires doesn't mean this site isnt trustworthy. What is posted here can be believed? yes. Will some information not be posted here? yes. Does that make the information he DOES post any less accurate/truthful/trustworthy? not a chance

I repeat. Now I know.

Boub has hinted many times that he has a source within Blizzard. If he were to ignore the reasonable request from Blizzard, I'm sure his source would dry up. And there would be a distinct lack of information in the future.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

I repeat. Now I know.

No he hasn't turned his back on the community. Not in the slightest. Just because he can't provide you with every little morsel of information that he knows, does not mean he turned his back on the community.
    If anything this is FOR the community. By keeping a healthy information with blizzard, he able to provide US with more and better information than other sites, just not every little detail.

Boub has hinted many times that he has a source within Blizzard. If he were to ignore the reasonable request from Blizzard, I'm sure his source would dry up. And there would be a distinct lack of information in the future.
    And thus hurting the community which he has supposedly "turned his back on" now. Right :

15+ Year Old Account

Well, the content posted here was a bit too much. Kinda sad to see it all be removed, but then again it's way too many spoilers.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Actually boub wasnt part of the alpha in the first place, so while the NDA may not have applied directly to him, blizzard must have their reasons.
    One of which would be a reduce the number of people fallilng for scam messages about testing they cannot get into.
    Another might be to simply allow their testing to go through its proper process without inteference and having to spend time dealing with queries from those outside it, simply because they read something elsewhere.

Should have saved the screenshots myself also, but then again they are archived and come beta will see more finished zones, so many of those will become obselete anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom568
    You ever wonder why they dont make everyone in the beta sign a NDA but make the people in alpha sign it? I mean they could, nothing stopping them from doing it. You know why they dont? Its cause the NDA does nothing. If some random person in beta leaks there is no way to prove or punish that person. However in a F&F test they are employees. So if they are able to track it they can fire the person responsible.
    You are no more likely to track someone leaking a client in the alpha than you are in the beta.
    F&F is friends and family, so not all employees, with the potential of selected "notable" players being considered knowledgeable/important enough.
    Blizzard seek to control the information so that they can focus on their own testing, and for that I cannot blame them.
    A lot of what we saw will be expanded upon, and perhaps even blown out of the water come the beta, so lets just wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Arell
    I think you forgot the fact that they ARE the creators of this game, and hence the NDA doesn't apply to them. They can post information whenever they want, whichever way they want to.
    They are posting teasers, not game mechanics/spells/items which are very prone to change if even making it as far as beta.
    Screenshots are something to look at, but are not spoiling anything major.

Quote Originally Posted by Menegroth
    And thus hurting the community which he has supposedly "turned his back on" now. Right :
    Preventing further action by blizzard, so if anything saving the community from damage not turning his back.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Again, you have no clue.
    That is nothing more or less than your opinion, and you are entitled to it.

Boub certainly has the right to censor this web site as he sees fit. But Blizzard has no right to make him remove other people's posts on a public forum.

A reasonable request would be to remove his own posts, if he in fact either broke the NDA or posted information from the source in question. (Who I will henceforth refer to as Deep Throat.)

No he hasn't turned his back on the community. Not in the slightest. Just because he can't provide you with every little morsel of information that he knows, does not mean he turned his back on the community.
    If anything this is FOR the community. By keeping a healthy information with blizzard, he able to provide US with more and better information than other sites, just not every little detail.
    It's not about what he knows, it's about what other people have posted on this public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Preventing further action by blizzard, so if anything saving the community from damage not turning his back.
    yeah I agree. Re-read my post in a sarcastic tone

yeah I agree. Re-read my post in a sarcastic tone
    I read it in the sarcastic tone and cheered for you!