Thread: Resto gear help

Resto gear help

So I just got to 80 about 2 weeks ago and i'm kinda confused about how to gear up from here for my resto (main) spec. I bought the nobundos set right away with triumphs and then rings and trinkets. Other than that other pieces have come from drops and some pvp pieces, which i have gotten a lot of crap about lol. Here what I have: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ge&cn=Minneapo

Basically im just wondering where I should go from here, how should I spend triumphs/frosts and are there any pieces I can upgrade just from heroics or something? What's my most efficient way to go about gearing up? Also, the gems/enchants are what my friend told me he thinks are best for shammies, how are they?

Any help would be appreciated, i'm still a noob!

Re: Resto gear help

1. Change your meta gem. Get the +21 Int & Chance on Spellcast to Return Mana. It returns roughly 500.
    2. Get a shoulder enchant.
    3. Haste on Cloak.
    4. MP5 / Stats on Chest.
    5. Leg Spellweave.
    6. Boot enchant (Stam + Movement Speed Increase).
    7. I personally stack Haste Gems (+20) and I know that the majority of Shamans will do so as well, so that may be a wise move. I only really started doing this once I was semi geared, roughly where you are at. I am fairly certain the ideal haste amount is about 1200 (just off my head).
    8. You probably don't need the point in Natures Guardian and a Chain Heal Glyph is nice (+1 Bounce).

Your next load of gear will come from TotC10/25, Ony10/25 and ICC10 + some ICC25. You should be able to heal pretty comfortably in TotC + Ony.

thanks for the suggestions. I changed the meta gem, got haste on cloak and powerful stats on chest. How do I get the shoulders and chest done again?

Basically what Apokalypes said, but also you should really try and get new trinkets. The badge trinket would probably been a good investment unless you feel that you will get something like silver of pure ice, solace, or something along those lines.

should i have two of those triumph trinkets? can i?

sadly you can only have one

I prefer the mp5 variant on the shoulder enchant.

if you were wondering where it came from, sons of hodir