Healing Help [Paladin]

Hey guys,
    Just wanted to get some general advice really, I've recently gone to Northrend on my soon to be new main Paladin, I've taken Holy as my secondary spec (To be my MS at 80). However I've been healing a few instances such as Utgarde Keep and The Nexus and getting mixed results. The Nexus I seem to have no trouble iwth in general however Utgarde Keep is a whole other story.

The Bolthorn's Rune of Flame spell some of the trash mobs cast is just destroying my group. Most groups I have no trouble with this spell and don't even notice it, however some, (as just happened some 30 minutes ago), just get annihilated by it. We were pulling the trash before the first boss when 2 of the Rune Casters buffed themselves with this. No word of a lie, both the tank DK and the dps DK died in under 5 seconds once this happened. Me and the 2 caster dps managed to finish the pack but both DK's left.

For all I know I may just need more practice at healing as Holy, but I just don't understand how on some groups the damage is barely noticable and on others I just dont stand a chance.

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lbane&cn=Aezar

I would prefer constructive criticism if anybody actually reads all this, I just like to be detailed sorry

EDIT: I'll be going to work in around 5 minutes so I won't be able to reply to anyone if they have a question for a good 5 hours.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Healing Help [Paladin]

Well, my first question would bbe, what seems to be the problem? I mean, are you sure its your healing, or could it be the tank has bad gear? Or that you were just unlucky and got a string of hits/crits? Or do they just die to fast to keep up with?

Well, first things, is beacon up all the time? You should be using holy shock for the free fol as much as possible, but Holy Light is your key one, especially with the glyph splash.

You may also find speccing in to divine sacrifice will help you if you find a particular pack tricky. I still use it in ICC

dk tanks are bad, they take the most damage of all tanks and often in lfd groups they are dps specd... second always have your sacred shield on the tank bc it is OP especially with the hot from FoL, always keep beacon up and i would not holy light spam since you dont have a lvl 80 endgame raider mana pool, save holy light for situations where it is needed, flash of light spam should be your best friend and dont wait until you are completely oom to use divine plea, use it in between pulls etc bc 50% healing nerf is not fun

and not saying you do or dont do these things, just giving some simple advice to someone who may be new to the class =P

While dual specing be sure to check if u are using max lvl spells. I was struggling same way as You on my alt nub priest - i was hardly managin to heal hc's and after some time i noticed that im not using max ranked spells because of dual spec and learning skills with that.

Tho that might be issue - if its not do as mavrick said, keep bacon all the time during encounters and spam others - works perfect + for some oh shit situations divine sacrifice works great when coming to mitigate some dmg off the party.

10+ Year Old Account

Try putting up your Fire Resist Aura for those packs. It may not be much, but every bit of resistance is HP you don't have to heal. Also, as stated, make sure you keep Sacred Shield and Beacon of Light on the tank. Another thing would be to Judge frequently, using Light, to keep your haste buff up. Plus, Judgement of Light puts a little bit more healing all around, making your job easier.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

my adive is to keep beacon and SS on the tank all the time the just spamm FoL and HS all the itme on the dps/urself and ofc HL when its needed. not much else to do

i just played with you. All you did was cast flash of light, no beacon. You really need to use holy light, bubble, hand of sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marriage
    Well, first things, is beacon up all the time? You should be using holy shock for the free fol as much as possible, but Holy Light is your key one, especially with the glyph splash.

You may also find speccing in to divine sacrifice will help you if you find a particular pack tricky. I still use it in ICC
    I wouldn't follow this advice, if only for the reason that OP is just starting to heal. Holy Shock is woefully inefficient and should only be used in an "oh shit" moment. You raise the chance of ooming if you keep HS on CD unless you have a decent set. Also, the FoL after a HS crit isn't free, it's just an instant cast.

EDIT: My advice would be similar to what others have posted. Sacred Shield is great, make sure you keep it up on your tank.
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.

He doesn't have sacred shield yet, so that's out.

You're armory is currently showing ret spec; if you could log out in your holy gear, it would give us a better platform to make suggestions.