Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

yogg saron speculation quotes

during my surfing through wowwiki and other stuff about world of warcraft lore i stubeld about this quote that made me sit back and think really hard about what the fuck it is

a vision of the Lich King torturing Bolvar Fordragon - the man who would become the new Lich King after the death of Arthas Menethil. During this third vision, Yogg-Saron's voice proclaims: "He will learn-- no king rules forever! Only death is eternal!", a prophecy of the Old God that came to pass with Arthas' defeat by the Ashen Verdict, and which is eerily repeated by the spirit of king Terenas Menethil II as the final words to his dying son.
    so this is my speculation.... yogg-saron know exactly what king Menethil will say to his son Arthus when he dies which made me conclude what if yogg-saron WAS king Menethil? What if he came out to us and told us that "There must always be a Lich King" so he can plan up for something new when we leave northrend ?

so its all a setback that he will keep the Lich King game going on with the Bolvar and try to manupilate him and control him?
    or maybe just maybe Bolvar will ask us for help after our new adventure in Azeroth to get back to Northrend and help him get rid of Yogg-Saron once and for all ?

/discuss

15+ Year Old Account

Re: yogg saron speculation quotes

I speculate that yogg was the one who gave frostmourn the power over the dead. I have evidence just not time.

10+ Year Old Account

well considering there is a old god presence in ice crown

(also undeads are immune to the old god whispers) hence why the old gods never seemed to control any undead and used his ore (and kept a facelss one prisioner)

bolvar isnt undead rather he is still alive and cursed to stay alive

yogg saron has a chance of manipulating bolvar. not arthas who i beleive is techically an undead

i think uther and arthas's dad were illusions of yogg rather than whispers

I doubt it. It's pretty obvious that Yogg Saron and the Lich King were at war. To start, I'll quote the whispers that Yogg-Saron uses while in Saronite mines

"They are coming for you.." The Scourge's mission is to scour all life, that includes you

"There is no escape... not in this life... not in the next..." The Scourge has the ability to raise you from the dead, thus even death does not save you from them, your afterlife is full of servitude as you are a mindless servant in your next life

"You are a pawn of forces unseen." This seems to be one of the bigger hints at my idea, this could reference to how the Lich King is using you to his means

"It was your fault..." Also a big hint. the Lich King wants you to intentionally kill Yogg-Saron, thus weakening or killing Azeroth as well, thus his army grows even more

In the Halls of Stone, it is said that the demise of the Death Gods would lead to the destruction of Azeroth. With Yogg-Saron down, we've killed three of the Death Gods, the other two being C'thun and the unnamed Death God in Darkshore. How would that help Arthas? We either kill him or we don't, which is a win-win for the Lich King because we bring about the end of the world, or we become minions to him for all eternity.

The Scourge also say his name with contempt, followed with loud outbursts.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    I speculate that yogg was the one who gave frostmourn the power over the dead. I have evidence just not time.
    u have evidence that arthas was lead to frostmounre by yogg. i know the theroy of it

however.... crafted by demons in the nether isnt old god

Pity he couldn't see himself get pwned, eh?
    Cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeseia
    I doubt it. It's pretty obvious that Yogg Saron and the Lich King were at war. To start, I'll quote the whispers that Yogg-Saron uses while in Saronite mines

"They are coming for you.." The Scourge's mission is to scour all life, that includes you

"There is no escape... not in this life... not in the next..." The Scourge has the ability to raise you from the dead, thus even death does not save you from them, your afterlife is full of servitude as you are a mindless servant in your next life

"You are a pawn of forces unseen." This seems to be one of the bigger hints at my idea, this could reference to how the Lich King is using you to his means

"It was your fault..." Also a big hint. the Lich King wants you to intentionally kill Yogg-Saron, thus weakening or killing Azeroth as well, thus his army grows even more

In the Halls of Stone, it is said that the demise of the Death Gods would lead to the destruction of Azeroth. With Yogg-Saron down, we've killed three of the Death Gods, the other two being C'thun and the unnamed Death God in Darkshore. How would that help Arthas? We either kill him or we don't, which is a win-win for the Lich King because we bring about the end of the world, or we become minions to him for all eternity.

The Scourge also say his name with contempt, followed with loud outbursts.
    Just wanted to be the first to say we haven't killed any old gods at all. Maybe the titans killed one, but we haven't and we don't even know for sure if the thing in darkshore is an old god.

If i recall C'thun is still very much alive and as for Yogg Saron i see it as more of a we kicked his ass but he'll be back type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty112
    Just wanted to be the first to say we haven't killed any old gods at all. Maybe the titans killed one, but we haven't and we don't even know for sure if the thing in darkshore is an old god.
    If C'thun didn't die, why on earth would Cho'gall waste time rezzing him?

no, the Leigion gave the lich king power over the dead, not everything in the world of warcraft is related to the old gods you know....

well regarding the debate on "killing an old god" it is a speculation that seems to go around that "we" did not kill C'thun nor Yogg-Saron during our encounters in AQ and Ulduar. what we did is that we have weaken them to the stage they were when the titans left which is stuned and prisoned. their physical body still exists.
    and that old speculation in darkshore is said to be either an old god / faceless one / old god servant general. it is not known for sure but i think we will learn more about it during cataclysm as the twilight hammer are moving it to a new location and trying to resurrect it.
    the old gods can be resurrected but not from death, from imprisonment

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dannzi
    no, the Leigion gave the lich king power over the dead, not everything in the world of warcraft is related to the old gods you know....
    some of it has to do with the burning legion

Probably your evidence is those Revenants guarding Frostmourne Cave. And Revenants are foot soldiers of Old Gods. If so, that is a weak evidence. Needs a backup story.(well i have one that starts with curse of flesh and ends with Ilidian's assault on Frozen Throne with Eye of Sargeras; which perfectly capable of shattering Yogg Saron's prison as unexpected result. And if old gods are capable of strengthen Neltharion, so they probably can do with Ner'zhul, as we know LK became unexpectingly strong and broke free from BL's control). Even with a story there will be no official explanation i guess, its like building a simple cube with lego pieces that intended to be a spacehip material.

Necromantic Magic comes from the Nathrezim orginally

Frostmourne didn't have power over the undead that comes from the Helm of Domination.

i would have thought you might have noticed that if you've seen the LK end of fight cinematic.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yelbegen
    Probably your evidence is those Revenants guarding Frostmourne Cave. And Revenants are foot soldiers of Old Gods. If so, that is a weak evidence. Needs a backup story.(well i have one that starts with curse of flesh and ends with Ilidian's assault on Frozen Throne with Eye of Sargeras; which perfectly capable of shattering Yogg Saron's prison as unexpected result. And if old gods are capable of strengthen Neltharion, so they probably can do with Ner'zhul, as we know LK became unexpectingly strong and broke free from BL's control). Even with a story there will be no official explanation i guess, its like building a simple cube with lego pieces that intended to be a spacehip material.
    yep. it leads ppl to think arthas was lead to frostmourne by the old gods. ok i can accept that since the boss in cos goes a powerful darkenss took over ur heart (somthing to that extent) which could just be his despair over wht hes doing/revenge against mal'ganis for forcing him to do this

its viable

but frostmourne was made by the legion. infact if u look at the original demons in zin azshari (original as in first to come to azeroth ever) they were practicing necromancy... they were trying to begin the scourge even back then

Yogg-Saron is the Lakeshire bridge.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by EvenMoreMacigalCrabs
    Yogg-Saron is the Lakeshire bridge.
    damn it damn it

no wonder the bridge never got fixt

i mean really god damn! every time we kick his butt in uld the bridge loses another board

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo
    damn it damn it

no wonder the bridge never got fixt

i mean really god damn! every time we kick his butt in uld the bridge loses another board
    I always thought Yogg's performance was a little... wooden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Mmmmmm and there's supposedly an old god under tirisfal glades where Terenas was king.... DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN maybe this old god and Yoggy were a super awesome team that engineered the entire rise and fall of the scourge to weaken their enemies.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Frostmourne could be made of Saronite, similar to Shadowmourne.

Yogg-saron and the other Old Gods aren't native to Azeroth, so it could be that the Nathrezim used the Saronite that Yogg-saron left elsewhere for Frostmourne.