64bit WOW Client

Does anyone know if Blizzard is going to develop a 64bit WOW client?

There was some sort of in game code pertaining to 64 bit, but nothing has been implemented/announced yet.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ccu-thar-Video

This is the only data we have on it, other then that. It's in works in the future I believe

Deleted
    Probably a selling point of MoP TBH though, I don't know why companies even develop in 32bit anymore. I was recently buying a laptop for my brother and it's nigh-upon impossible to find one with less than 3GB of RAM, and 3GB is the threshold where you should really be using a 64bit system to get the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    I don't know why companies even develop in 32bit anymore.
    Most likely to allow WoW to be played on more computers, like Blizzard wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Most likely to allow WoW to be played on more computers, like Blizzard wants.
    yep, allowing the game to run on older systems is a pretty good buisness move. althought the higher end machine owners want to see better graphics and such, the majority of people most likely arent using a $1000+ machine. of course if people were smart they'd build their own and theyd have a rather high end machine for a lot less than what companies sell their high end machines for

To be honest, when this is implemented, it will more than likely be an automatic switch without a major announcement. I dont know if we'll really notice when it is "turned on". O.o